You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Insults Will NOT Be Tolerated (Please Read)

Bono wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

There's also a thing called "a behavior pattern". You've demonstrated yours over and over again. As has been said repeatedly; if you can follow the forum rules you're more than welcome here. If you can't then of course, you're not. This doesn't have to do with anyone outside of you. If you can follow the rules, then be all means do so.

WHERE in the last few months at the least have I even remotely been on here  disrespecting anyone or not following the rules. FACT is you think my opinion on TWAT was spam because you coudlnt' handle the difference in opinion. figure it out Russ. Why the fuck would I want to continue posting on thsi site if everthing i post is is judged before hand based on some bullshit "behavior pattern"

fact is I've been posting way less over the last 6 months so this behavior pattern you're speaking of is a load of shit. Like someone else mentioend it's all good for others to break the rules but if Bono does it in response he's fucking outta here. roll

Anyways yeah my desire to post here is pretty much done. Do me a favour and delete my account please.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You can probably delete your own account.  Or forget the password.

Your posting pattern has been going on for years.  You should consider yourself lucky that it lasted as long as it did.  I had to tweak mine and I've managed to do ok.  You can do the same if you want, but if you choose not to, don't make it seem like it's the site's fault you're not here.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:

gee I wonder who that was  directed at. In relation to the sensitive reactions to my opinion on TWAT it's clear even though you were replying to someone else you were directing this at me. Numerous members went on a tagent about me not respecting their opinion when nothing of the sort had taken place.  It's like people wanted a reaction. If anything I post is gonna be met with bullshit just because of past arguments than fuck it. I won't post anymore.  Nothing worse than a bunch of people who carry their hurt feelings from past arguments  into current discussions.

Russ is a perfect example. for whatever  reason Russ thinks I posted my opinion on TWAT simply to seek attention. What a  load of bullshit an to be honest I want no part of a forum that's made up their mind what my intention is before I've even posted something.

You have GOT to be shittin' me with this opinion. I've tried to defend you more than anyone else on here, and this is a total load of crap.

You're not wrong to accuse ID of it, but at the same time NO ONE is a bigger example of carrying their smart ass from thread to thread and being passive aggressive than you. You actually have defined the role on the board, frankly. You post smart ass comments thread to thread hidden to be snarky from a previous argument, to intentionally try to get a rise out of someone. To get at them.

I'm not even calling you in the wrong. But "nothing is worse", then why did you practically create how to fucking do it here?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I keep saying it over and over and here it is again: bans and warning have nothing to do with opinions. They have to do with direct insults.

I hear that Russ.

I just feel there's been an indirect and probably unintentional connection happening simply because people who have an unusual opinions, will often get harsh responses to their opinion because it's odd, and in that scenario, if either poster is a bit of a hothead then it's easy for things to escalate and insults fly.

What bothers me is then when someone does throw an insult I feel the moderation doesn't take into account the broader context of the conversation and what led to it.

The comments made to Bono, although perhaps not a technical insult,  were themselves provocative and inflammatory and obviously functioned to bait him into the sort of response he's been told not to give.

I'm just saying if we throw petrol onto the match it seems harsh to only then chastise the match for burning.

Bono shouldn't have responded how he did, but it didn't happen in isolation - the hulk smash joke amongst other comments was an obvious joke at his expense and he responded saying he thought it was pathetic.

But only that second part of the conversation seems to have been deemed insulting and toublemaking which to me doesn't seem fair, if people are going to make provocative statements and jokes (as I did recently to Ali from memory) then they have to be willing to accept some kind of response.

It's sad to me that we've now lost another member over this.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

He'll be back and he'll still be Bono.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

So should we start auditioning a new Bono?

AtariLegend wrote:

I started posting on Guns N' Roses forums little over 6 years ago, shortly after "Bono had quit" HTGTH and lost interest in the band.

Lofton defended him, but everyone else flamed him for bringing up U2 in every discussion.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah, I think this was a healthy discussion though

Board footer