You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Izzy on stage with Aerosmith

Sky Dog wrote:

I just think Tommy/Izzy/Frank/Richard with Axl and the keyboardists would really click...honestly, no need for DJ or Ron if you wanna make an old school sounding Gnr record. Anyhow, pipe dreams.....Izzy/Tommy would make a killer record together on their own.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

If Izzy were to ever return full time to GN'R sans Slash & Duff, man he's gonna be the topic of many of Slashite tirades.

My stance is pretty well known but I wouldn't mind this at all. The old GNR is done, we all know that. My reunion dreams are just that. There's too much water under the bridge.

Being annoyed at the RNRHOF thing is a seperate matter.

I just want as much quality music as these guys can pump out before they get too old and loose their faculties.

Izzy's work has bored me these last few years..solid but boring. Axl seems paralysed without his old wingman so bring him in, get him working with Ax and see what comes out.

Hell, it beats reading interviews with people who have heard hours of amazing music played on pianos at partys that I will never EVER be at.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
WARose wrote:

i guess most people would love for izzy to come back, but i think that`s not realistic.
axl said numerous times, that he`s open to jam with duff and izzy, one at a time, and that he doesn`t want to rely on izzy again. izzy quitting the band in 91 hurt him more than anything else i think and set the path for the last 20 years, especially regarding his wish to gain control over the band. and it makes a return of izzy very unlikely.

i strongly disagree with you axlin, by the way.  in my opinion, realistically bumble would be the first one to leave, and in theory richard would be the logical choice who should leave, if izzy returned. bumble is very vocal about his unhappines. dj is buddies with axl. richard on the other hand was basically brought into the band to replace izzy (http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/arti … ticleid=82  ps: read the part about slash, he`s basically explaining the entire break up there.. )

I really don't understand how you can strongly disagree with me on Ron staying, and DJ going (regardless of friendship), considering Ron is literally the only guy in the band that can do Bucket's parts, other than Bucket himself. There is no one there that can do those CD songs.

Unless all of those songs get scrapped, short of This I Love, which i'm not opposed to. Time to bury that fuckin' record.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

If Izzy was brought back the three Indiana boys should write some tunes together for the next album.

I would want Robin Finck back and him writing with Tobias, and Izzy.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

If Izzy was brought back the three Indiana boys should write some tunes together for the next album.

I would want Robin Finck back and him writing with Tobias, and Izzy.

You and 3 other people.  14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If Robin Finck comes back, I quit this band.

It's not a comment on Robin, it's not comment on his fans, but what a fucking trainwreck that period was. If he was brought back, it would prove to me there's literally no point to follow this band.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
WARose wrote:

in my opinion, realistically bumble would be the first one to leave, and in theory richard would be the logical choice who should leave, if izzy returned. bumble is very vocal about his unhappines. dj is buddies with axl. richard on the other hand was basically brought into the band to replace izzy

I'm not sure how it would go.

On one hand - with his back condition - bumble is maybe most likely to leave - but then his role in the band isn't one that can be made redundant without loosing the Chinese Democracy songs from the catalogue...as he's the only one with the chops to cover bucket. So if he goes someone new comes in to do it.

Most replaceable roll is DJ (bumble could play every solo asleep) - and he's the youngest so maybe most likely to get frustrated if nothing happens - but then he's also the guy you want around for writing with his post-glam style.

But there's no way Izzy is coming back full time - best case is he writes with Axl at some stage and those songs are developed for the next album - it's izzy - he left gnr, he left VR, he walked out of JuJu hounds to get a beer and never came back....recorded his solo album in 8 days....can't be traced to a known address most of the time....seriously think he'd be capable of waiting around with the kinda timelines this modern era of GNR is known for?

Board footer