You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: McCartney to Front Nirvana Reunion TONIGHT- NEW SONG

jorge76 wrote:

I'm not gonna be when I get up for work in the morning, but at the moment I'm glad I stayed up.  And I'm still up because I'm worried I'll miss something else.

Paul rockin a cigar box guitar on top of it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

Did you hear it? What was it called, "Mother"?

Kicked ten tons of ass. McCartney was a great choice for it. So fucking weird to see him fronting Nirvana, yet somehow pulling it off. I mean just an odd, yet somehow appropriate moment.

For years Kurt was called the "Paul McCartney" of his generation and Nirvana "The Beatles" of Gen X. Yet Paul gets the call to do this.

Craziness. Moment of the night. Absolutely pure throwback Nirvana energy with a Beatle. Unbelieveable. 9 x 100

What's up with Seattle lately? Resurrected? Reunited AIC, then Soundgarden, now Nirvana... only thing left is PJ doing a sequel to Ten.

Yes it was truly amazing!! big_smile 9 I know right?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

That was an amazing performance. It was great seeing Dave tearing up the set with McCartney wailing in front of him. That guy still has a great voice. And it worked so well. It was great to see the other 3 together on such a large venue.

Who else is hoping they release something as a group? If they can do that in a couple days I want to hear a whole album.

Seattle has withstood unlike any musical movement ever has in the past. I'm proud to call it one of my homes.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

If I understand this correctly, it's called "Cut Me Some Slack"

http://www.cutmesomeslack.net/

Me_Wise_Magic

Saikin wrote:

That was an amazing performance. It was great seeing Dave tearing up the set with McCartney wailing in front of him. That guy still has a great voice. And it worked so well. It was great to see the other 3 together on such a large venue.

Who else is hoping they release something as a group? If they can do that in a couple days I want to hear a whole album.

Seattle has withstood unlike any musical movement ever has in the past. I'm proud to call it one of my homes.

Nirvana + Paul McCartney like Queen +  16 j/k 19
but in all seriousness,

They should release that song under a different band project name or something. I've been waiting to hear a recorded song with Paul and Dave together besides just on stage.

Alicia...get off the stage. Sir Paul was victorious! Did anyone catch the Roger Waters performance? I wanted to catch that and The Who. I was able to catch Clapton and The Stones on the radio.

Me_Wise_Magic

jorge76 wrote:

Thanks for the link dude! Last names work too!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Great that we will have a studio version of that song! And that its nor branded as Nirvana.

Yes, they should do an album as a new band.  These are guys that could definitely be classified as a super group.

And Dave is one of the hardest working men in rock. That guy does a lot of projects.

Me_Wise_Magic

Saikin wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Great that we will have a studio version of that song! And that its nor branded as Nirvana.

Yes, they should do an album as a new band.  These are guys that could definitely be classified as a super group.

And Dave is one of the hardest working men in rock. That guy does a lot of projects.

FUND IT!!! I WOULD PICK THAT ALBUM UP IN A HEART BEAT!!! It would be quite a cool sounding super group. Velvet Revolver is done...bring this on instead. big_smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Saikin wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Yeah but let's be honest... they can call it whatever they want. Based on that lineup, and the fact somebody dug Krist out of moldy cotton balls and a rain soaked slimey wooden case... that's a pure Nirvana song. The whole intention is exactly that.

Nirvana is just too big man. It'd be like Paul McCartney joining Slash, Duff, Izzy & Steven and doing a song in 2012 that sounds like a new Welcome To The Jungle.

The media and fans alike would never let it die. Ever. It's just too big. They'd be called Nirvana whether they liked it or not.

The only appropriate title I could see it being called other than Nirvana would be "Sound City" in honor of the end of the legendary Sound City.

Oh yeah, and obviously when this drops as a single--INSTANT BUY.

Think about this guys

Think about this...

In only 6 weeks time...

we've gotten

New Soundgarden album
New Nirvana song, and performed live no less
and next week Alice In Chains new single drops

Yep, i'm convinced

Dec. 21st is the end folks. The world really is over. This is the send off. 'We Die Young'...

Me_Wise_Magic

Axlin12 wrote:
Saikin wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Yeah but let's be honest... they can call it whatever they want. Based on that lineup, and the fact somebody dug Krist out of moldy cotton balls and a rain soaked slimey wooden case... that's a pure Nirvana song. The whole intention is exactly that.

Nirvana is just too big man. It'd be like Paul McCartney joining Slash, Duff, Izzy & Steven and doing a song in 2012 that sounds like a new Welcome To The Jungle.

The media and fans alike would never let it die. Ever. It's just too big. They'd be called Nirvana whether they liked it or not.

The only appropriate title I could see it being called other than Nirvana would be "Sound City" in honor of the end of the legendary Sound City.

Oh yeah, and obviously when this drops as a single--INSTANT BUY.

Think about this guys

Think about this...

In only 6 weeks time...

we've gotten

New Soundgarden album
New Nirvana song, and performed live no less
and next week Alice In Chains new single drops

Yep, i'm convinced

Dec. 21st is the end folks. The world really is over. This is the send off. 'We Die Young'...

You're goddamn right my friend. 14 Good song choice. I would drink to that.

Board footer