You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Alice In Chains

Axlin16 wrote:

$16 is a good price for Vinyl right?

I think you'll like it if you like Tripod & Dirt. The reason is Jerry Cantrell takes lead vocals on several tracks (ala Tripod), but the overall theme and melody-style of the record is similar to Dirt.

I think the record is easily as good as any from their previous catalog, and is arguably the best thing they've done since Dirt and it's massive appeal. I really don't see that as an exaggeration.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

I have a question for all of the fans of Black Gives Way To Blue:

I never gave the album a listen, but you guys seem to really love it. I have a chance to grab it on vinyl for $16, still sealed this week. So... should I?

My favorite 'Chains records are Tripod, followed by Dirt if that gives you any ideas on my taste.

Get it! I own most of the album on mp3. I would highly recommend purchasing if it's that price. It has some great songs.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

That was an awesome song! Especially for a first single which usually are hit or miss. Glad you were able to find an alternate purchase on Amazon.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Solid, seems like it picks right up from where BGWTB left off. Still waiting for a more up-tempo track like Them Bones or Dam That River from this lineup...

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I have a question for all of the fans of Black Gives Way To Blue:

I never gave the album a listen, but you guys seem to really love it. I have a chance to grab it on vinyl for $16, still sealed this week. So... should I?

My favorite 'Chains records are Tripod, followed by Dirt if that gives you any ideas on my taste.

Definitely....

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I dig it. Perfect song for winter, I'll be buying first week.

Board footer