You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Led Zeppelin Discussion

tejastech08 wrote:

Bonham's drumming sounds fucking awesome on their records. Not sure what point you were trying to make there.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think I understand monkey's point. He says that all the amazing music is there on the old albums, but the production is very simple and not something that would help the songs enough to reach full potential (these days). There isn't enough power in those recordings and some are messy - if you compare the production of The Song Remains the Same and Celebration Day, the latter wins, cause it sounds amazingly powerful and you can hear everything much clearer.

The same goes for the old studio stuff. The magic is there, but JPJ's playing wouldn't make your neighbour complain about your listening habits, cause you can listen it as loud as you want, it will not blow your head off. Bonzo's drumming is awesome, but today you would be able to see the exact drum kit around him, and would be able to physically set up his stuff.

Although 70s recordings sound much better today than the 80s ones. Just my 2 cents.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Hoping to pick up Celebration sometime on Bluray this week. Check out this Rob interview where he teases a reunion with the boys once again. I don't think it will work out personally since they ended with Jason on a high note. They don't need to prove anything to anyone; but...the temptation to do one more tour would be nice for the fun of it all. I'm conflicted.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/robert-p … n-reunion/

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

It's funny to hear him claim that it's the other guys who aren't interested. I'd love to see it, why not?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'm up to seeing it too and I have friends around the area that would kill to have a ticket to a Zep show. I know they can still bring it. Come on boys, one more tour to end it for good. Jason deserves it, the fans want it, and I know you have it in you, you bastards. 16 Also Jimmy isn't doing much besides re-releasing previous Zeppelin material, maybe do a solo tour (which probably won't be in the cards since he hasn't done a tour or solo release since the mid 90s), and that's about it. Like I said they don't need to prove anything; but they can still do it since time is short and people still want to see if they have fun with the idea. But..it's going to have be the four of them. No new lead singer and no other drummer besides Jason.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yeah i seen that interview sunday night on sixty minutes sounds promising

Heres the interveiw

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Oh man, don't play with my heart Mr. Plant.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Hopefully a reunion doesn't happen. Led Zeppelin was the 4 of them in their youth, not 3 of them in old age with one of them already gone.

Board footer