You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

faldor wrote:

Howard Stern was on Kimmel on Tuesday, as Kimmel moved his show to Brooklyn for the worst storm in the regions history.  What luck.  Anyway, Howard was stressing on whether the show was going to go on, if he was going to be able to get there, etc.  So Jimmy called into the show to ease his pain.

Anyway, amongst all that talk, Axl was brought up and they spoke about him for 40 seconds.  It's not much but, in case anyone cares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQtyvfE9qro&feature=plcp

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Pretty cool they thought Axl came off well. Alot of people did. It was a very publicized, well executed interview.

I went through a pretty bad breakup with a VERY old friend earlier this Fall/late Summer. Well the thing is, it just kinda imploded. Not exploded. He kinda forced me to blow off being the best man at his wedding, which villianized me, but he forced my hand. So i'm the bad guy. He asked me if he had done anything wrong, and I didn't say anything, I just diverted the subject and we got off the phone.

I haven't heard from him since. 20 years, over. There's tons of tension, and the more time goes by the tension has already got to earth-shaterring records. Ala Axl & Slash.

My friend is kinda like Slash, really easy-going. Kinda doesn't see himself as a bad guy, and is constantly reinforced as a righteous dude. But he is not. Me on the other hand, its easy to paint as a bad guy. But i'm not. I deal with principle and emotional. Right and wrong.

My friend asked me he had done anything wrong.... and there was a moment of silence. Only seconds, but it might as well of been hours. Like Axl, if I had laid into my friend, I would've been on that phone FOR FUCKING DAYS just giving him hell. He wouldn't not even knew how to respond, and he WOULD NOT of seen himself in the wrong, ala Slash.

I think Axl is the same way. The more time that goes on, like myself, it just makes it ten times worse. If Slash were to crack the door and basically ask Axl want the problem is, Axl doesn't want the bait, but IF he took it and laid into Slash... Axl would be just going off on him for years and years, before he let up and Slash would just be decimated.

I'm in the same spot with my friend. It seems like an IMPOSSIBLE task for us to really talk about the problem and it just gets worse and worse as time goes on. Although I was friend's with this guy for most of my life, I discovered I don't really like him. I kinda HATE him in fact. I hate everything about him. I hate the way he talks. I hate the way he thinks. I hate the way he treats people. I hate his likes, his dislikes. We have literally ZERO in common, because our commonality (the hometown we grew up in) we've both moved away from. So that's gone. Axl & Slash's commonality was Guns N' Roses. That's it. But at the core, I think they are literally nothing alike and cannot stand to be around each other and that is a major hurdle and has been since about 1986.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Pretty cool they thought Axl came off well. Alot of people did. It was a very publicized, well executed interview.

I went through a pretty bad breakup with a VERY old friend earlier this Fall/late Summer. Well the thing is, it just kinda imploded. Not exploded. He kinda forced me to blow off being the best man at his wedding, which villianized me, but he forced my hand. So i'm the bad guy. He asked me if he had done anything wrong, and I didn't say anything, I just diverted the subject and we got off the phone.

I haven't heard from him since. 20 years, over. There's tons of tension, and the more time goes by the tension has already got to earth-shaterring records. Ala Axl & Slash.

My friend is kinda like Slash, really easy-going. Kinda doesn't see himself as a bad guy, and is constantly reinforced as a righteous dude. But he is not. Me on the other hand, its easy to paint as a bad guy. But i'm not. I deal with principle and emotional. Right and wrong.

My friend asked me he had done anything wrong.... and there was a moment of silence. Only seconds, but it might as well of been hours. Like Axl, if I had laid into my friend, I would've been on that phone FOR FUCKING DAYS just giving him hell. He wouldn't not even knew how to respond, and he WOULD NOT of seen himself in the wrong, ala Slash.

I think Axl is the same way. The more time that goes on, like myself, it just makes it ten times worse. If Slash were to crack the door and basically ask Axl want the problem is, Axl doesn't want the bait, but IF he took it and laid into Slash... Axl would be just going off on him for years and years, before he let up and Slash would just be decimated.

I'm in the same spot with my friend. It seems like an IMPOSSIBLE task for us to really talk about the problem and it just gets worse and worse as time goes on. Although I was friend's with this guy for most of my life, I discovered I don't really like him. I kinda HATE him in fact. I hate everything about him. I hate the way he talks. I hate the way he thinks. I hate the way he treats people. I hate his likes, his dislikes. We have literally ZERO in common, because our commonality (the hometown we grew up in) we've both moved away from. So that's gone. Axl & Slash's commonality was Guns N' Roses. That's it. But at the core, I think they are literally nothing alike and cannot stand to be around each other and that is a major hurdle and has been since about 1986.

Sometimes the only thing you have in common with your friends is the past.

It's time to move on, both for you and Axl, but damn, that's not easy, at all.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

According to Howard Stern's producer, Gary Dell'Abate, Axl was supposed to call in to the Stern show and do an interview with Rolling Stone around the same time as his Kimmel appearance.  1 out of 3 ain't bad I guess.  Would LOVE to hear him on Stern though.  Maybe someday.  At least it seems like he at least contemplated going on, or at least his people did.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Stern is about the only hope we'd ever have of getting a good interview out of Axl. The dude just has a way with getting people to open up.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

I would prefer Jian.

One radio, one print, one tv. So there was a bigger promotional plan for the Vegas shows, interesting. I guess Kimmel was the safest of the three.  It may have been Team Brazil, but they have a publicist from The Agency Group, so it could have been someone from there. Either way, I'm surprised they were thinking that big.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Jian would have been great. Especially if Axl started getting ornery. He's a top notch interviewer too.

Board footer