You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

smoke wrote:

Sounds great to me. Eddie's playing a different tone, but it's unmistakably him. Can't wait to hear more! Glad he's getting out there again.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Sounds good to me too. The riff is great, and the rapping didn't annoy me too much. smile  I hope the final product has a solo

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

On a seperate but kind of related note, I just downloaded the Chickenfoot albums this weekend and they blew me away.  Sammy wrote a song about jobs and a song about conspiracy theories, now THIS is the true voice of the working class. smile Not to mention Satch is the fucking man. Hope this super group actually stays together, and puts out some new stuff soon.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Seems like they want to keep recording and playing together despite Chad doing a ton of RHCP shows and writing tunes. Just wish Sammy would stop bringing up Eddie in interviews and whining about it. He's becoming as bad as Axl about Slash. Heard a few Chickenfoot songs and they are pretty good.

http://www.vhnd.com/2013/03/26/david-le … iew-32613/

Funny Dave interview. Shooting the shit with his way of words and things seem to be going well for VH at the moment. Hilarious story moments too.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Lol, good interview. Funny, he hosted a morning radio show in NYC years ago, but it was a snooze fest. If he had brought more of this humor to the show, it may have lasted more than a month.

smoke

smoke wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Lol, good interview. Funny, he hosted a morning radio show in NYC years ago, but it was a snooze fest. If he had brought more of this humor to the show, it may have lasted more than a month.

I actually liked his radio show. It never got a chance to settle in and hit its stride though. I think management kept fiddling with the format and killed it on the vine.

Me_Wise_Magic

They stopped it because it was either their way or the highway. Dave said it himself in a past interview that he got screwed over and on his last day he just did whatever fuck he wanted on the broadcast without a care in the world. That's rock n' roll! Quite a character and that's why I'm glad he's fronting VH.

smoke

smoke wrote:

God I love DLR. There is literally no way we'll ever be able to tell when he starts going senile.

Me_Wise_Magic

He seems to be in a great mood and living for today. Trying new things and still kicking ass in his age!

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Lol, I like DLR too, but I gave the show 3 chances, and was bored to death within a few minutes each time. :-/ In all fairness Howard Stern is a though act to follow.

Board footer