You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Slash playing with Kings of Chaos + VR news

smoke wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Too much "and" VR is done.

Yup.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Naw, all they need is a triumphant video.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting Comments from Slash.

I could take it a few ways.

1. Hint that Baz is under reconsideration from VR.

2. That VR isn't going to happen again but Slash is just going "hey if you want VR so bad I'm playing with half of them in KOC"

Seems to me the major problem for VR is that Slash's writing focus is with his solo band.

Sure he needs projects for the off time while myles is with AB, but a project like KOC that's just covers is more logical for Slash than writing a new guitar riff and picking if he gives it to Myles or VR.

I'd love to see Baz in VR though - he's a legit frontman with a star presence and killer vocal chops, and, he like heavier music, he would def push the next album to be much guitar heavier than prior VR releases which I think is a good idea.

As for Matt - I think he was really saying he's too old to start over with a new band - like how many times could he get lucky - and he mentioned how hardcore the initial 18 months of touring with VR just to get grounded was. Kings of Chaos to him is easy cos they can do short tours and festivals with the star power - without going into tour hell which he doesn't want to do sober. However, potentially, maybe VR is immune from that logic - if they'd be able to pull decent size gigs without doing a hard slog start-up tour. The question is - what size show would VR pull without starting over - it has been 5 years or something now.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

In my ideal world, they'd get Baz on vocals, alongside Slash, Duff, Gilby and Matt. And play the more hard rocking VR tunes, along with the best of the back catalogue of GN'R and Skid Row tunes. That would be an awesome draw card for me.

That said, Kings of Chaos really impressed the Sydney crowd even without Slash. And their facebook page is filled with praise from Sydney-siders really hanging for their Australian return in January next year.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah actually it shows you the draw that could have huh.

Like now you mention it - they could do Skid Row and GNR hits - that's a huge draw to most people - then they add in the VR tunes.

VR was always keen to establish itself as more modern than GNR - but I always thought if they just did a straight GNR cover show with someone like Baz  or Myles they'd be giving modern GNR a run for it's money in the "which band is GNR" stakes.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah actually it shows you the draw that could have huh.

Like now you mention it - they could do Skid Row and GNR hits - that's a huge draw to most people - then they add in the VR tunes.

VR was always keen to establish itself as more modern than GNR - but I always thought if they just did a straight GNR cover show with someone like Baz  or Myles they'd be giving modern GNR a run for it's money in the "which band is GNR" stakes.

Add Gibby and a vocalist so similar to Axl to VR, and GNR's authenticity problem gets worse. Which could be pretty cool for fans if a rivalry between the two would motivate them to put out more material. We could end up with two awesome bands.

smoke

smoke wrote:

And they could each tour with their very own Lynyrd Skynrd!

smoke

smoke wrote:

Shit I just envisioned a Get in the Ring festival. Two lineups of every band, only one will emerge!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Haha. That is funny smoke. Slash, Duff, Gilby, Matt vs Axl, Izzy, Dizzy....  Which group of alums would put out better shit?  For straight up rock, I say group 1.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Haha. That is funny smoke. Slash, Duff, Gilby, Matt vs Axl, Izzy, Dizzy....  Which group of alums would put out better shit?  For straight up rock, I say group 1.

Idk about that. Izzy has some serious hard rock chops, and I've read critics credit him as the best song writer of the original line up. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Izzy's influence that made that first VR album so awesome, he helped write a few of those tracks.

Board footer