You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Re: Ghost

Son of a Gun wrote:

This tongue in cheek satanic image and lyrics are for shock values first and foremost.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

This tongue in cheek satanic image and lyrics are for shock values first and foremost.

Even if it is just satire, it bothers me.  It's not something I want to  sing along to or listen to over and over again.  :-/

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Ghost is on in 3 mins! Ides of Gemini was pretty cool as opener! Bars everywhere, jack and cokes, standing in the balcony with a sweet view!

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

How was the show, brotha? When I saw these guys a few weeks back they KICKED ASS!

I don't know what it is about Papa, but he has a fierce stage presence.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Really great show. The band sounded ridiculously good. And you're dead on about Papa- it's funny, for a guy that doesn't jump around or scream, he really gets people pumped up.

Also, I really like Ides of Gemini- they're totally worth checking out. The singer/bassist is incredibly good. The drummer seems like she's pretty new to drumming in general, but keep things steady. Give them a listen if you can.

I was surprised at the total lack of merch. I really wanted to buy a t-shirt, but couldn't find a table anywhere. I might buy one from their site, but it doesn't feel the same as getting it at a show. smile

Rex

Rex wrote:
smoke wrote:

Really great show. The band sounded ridiculously good. And you're dead on about Papa- it's funny, for a guy that doesn't jump around or scream, he really gets people pumped up.

Also, I really like Ides of Gemini- they're totally worth checking out. The singer/bassist is incredibly good. The drummer seems like she's pretty new to drumming in general, but keep things steady. Give them a listen if you can.

I was surprised at the total lack of merch. I really wanted to buy a t-shirt, but couldn't find a table anywhere. I might buy one from their site, but it doesn't feel the same as getting it at a show. smile

Yeah, they opened for my show too. Ides of Gemeni are pretty kick ass, and the chicks in the band are hot. The singer has a set of pipes on her for sure.

Rex

Rex wrote:

Badassd Depeche Mode cover.

Rex

Rex wrote:
RaZor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

These dudes are stone-cold awesome, simple as that. The new CD is a freakin' masterpiece. And, of course, being a Buckethead fan, i love their whole mysterious identity and over-the-top presentation. I wish they didn't write solely about Satan, but with songs so incredibly constructed, it doesn't really matter.

That bothers me, I'm not down with blasphemous lyrics.  I'm not a really a religious person, but that shit makes me uncomfortable.

Just saw this, and it got me thinking about how cool it is that music can have this effect on people.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

See that's my problem with it. Without getting religious, because i'm not, i've went through some experiences in life where i've had some spirtual experiences with Satan or Death or someone associated with downstairs.

I take that shit seriously, and expression like that is just for someone other than me. I'm too close to it, and I take it seriously because of those experiences.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I could be seeing Ghost at a Lolla aftershow Saturday night after midnight. I'm pumped but scared I might be transported directly to hell.

Board footer