You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Ratt

Axlin16 wrote:

Huh?

If that's the case then you might want to just skip anything they do. Infestation was pretty much what they always did. Some of it was crap, some of it was fantastic. Pretty much like any Ratt album.

I kinda don't understand that assessment.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Infestation is one of the best albums from an 80's band I've heard in years. I can't believe a group of 50 year olds put this out. In fact I'd rate it alongside some of their best work. I give it a 9/10.

Seriously. It's awesome.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree. I haven't listened to it in awhile, but it was a total comeback album for Ratt, no different than Black Gives Way To Blue or King Animal was to the grunge boys.

Ratt didn't get enough credit for how quality Infestation was.

They're supposed to be working on a new album for 2013 with Dave Grohl (was the rumor). Probably not true, but it sounds cool.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Did you like Detonator? For me, I always thought it was one of their most underrated albums. It's my second-favorite of there's after Out of the Cellar.

Alot of Ratt purists hated Detonator because it was too slick and too radio-ready with them working with Desmond Child, but I thought the album was their slickest production and hook-wise. It reminded me of Ratt recording a late 80's Aerosmith album.

To me, Detonator is an album where I can literally listen to EVERY track on that album without skipping a single-song. It's that awesome, and it doesn't even have Nobody Rides For Free from Point Break.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

I just listened to the first few tracks of Infestation this morning. Me likey, I'll have to check out the rest of their stuff, the only song of theirs I knew was round and round.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Eric Blair of "The Blairing Out With Eric Blair Show" conducted an interview with RATT drummer Bobby Blotzer at this year's NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show, a massive music-products convention that took place January 24-27 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. You can now watch the chat below.

Asked about the current status of RATT, Blotzer said: "We're getting ready to do a new record with Brian Howes, this producer that produced NICKELBACK, we have new management, we have Juan Croucier [bass] back in the band, and we're gonna tour this summer and hopefully get along and be happy, which would be amazing."

He added: "Brian Howes is a great guy, great producer, and he's top notch, dude. He's a current A-lister, and we're very excited. We have new management. And we're just looking forward to 2013."

Regarding the songwriting process for the new RATT album, Blotzer said: "We start pre-production in the next week. Everybody's been writing and everybody has a backlog of material. So we'll just get in like we did with the last record, and there's, like, boom, 35 songs, and then we'll let the producer go, 'OK, let's work these up.' He's got the final say on that. I mean, the last record we worked up in two weeks."

He continued: "I don't think [the new RATT CD is] gonna be super overproduced. I think we're trying to do something new, and really, on all levels of RATT — have everything come out and be a new RATT. [We'll still have] classic-sounding songs, but it's gonna be, obviously, a twist in the production with the way that [Brian] produces."

On the topic of the personal differences and internal strife, which has plagued RATT for much of the band's existence, Blotzer said: "Listen, man, things have been disintegrating in RATT since we were 16 years old, OK?! We've got five chiefs, no Indians, but this chemistry that we have produces so many great songs. I mean, I don't what the fuck it is, but we have a great time with the music, which overshadows that we think each other are a bunch of clowns. Occasionally, we do make some good business decisions, but it's a hard road to hone. But I love the guys, and I'm not saying anything bad about them; it's a hard gig … It's five fucking drunk Irish brothers that not one will fucking give up in, like, if you're slap-fighting or wrestling in the room, I'm not giving up unless I can't breathe and I'm knocked out."

Original RATT bassist Juan Croucier rejoined the Californian rockers for their show at the M3 Rock Festival on May 12 at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland.

RATT's first studio record in 11 years, "Infestation", sold around 14,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 30 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD was issued on April 20, 2010 via Loud & Proud.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m … mID=186270

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Looking forward to it. Infestation was an awesome comeback, and one of their best records actually.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Looking forward to it. Infestation was an awesome comeback, and one of their best records actually.

Same here. I just discovered them a few months back, and I've downloaded all their albums since. Of their more recent ones, I really dig Infestation and Detonator.  I really like DesmondCchild too, love what he's done with Bon Jovi, Areosmith, and now this.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. I made the mistake of saying Axl should've collaborated with Desmond Child to help him wrap up CD, and there actually was a rumor about that back in the mid-2000's, although nobody (including me) could find the article, so I looked like an ass. But Child is a hitmaker (usually), and because of CD's obvious lack of hits, they were indeed worried that it needed someone who knew how to spit-shine it and get a catchy radio single out of Axl, specifically a ballad akin to Sweet Child.

Something tells me HAD they were together, Axl would've simply released some sort of Daughtry "It's Not Over"-type of track with his vocals on it had it been left in Child's hands with maybe alot of UYI sound thrown into it.

Either way, Detonator is my 2nd-favorite Ratt album, because of Child's touch. It's sorely underrated, and the ballad "Giving Yourself Away" might be one of their best tunes ever. Everything on that album is hook, hook, hook, catchy, catchy stuff. Only a couple songs I didn't like and I can easily listen to it from start to finish without tiring, even today.

Board footer