You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: 9-11 Reflection

RaZor wrote:

image.jpg

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

The Freedom Tower is finally finished. Looks good, nice addition to the skyline. I wish they had rebuilt the towers as they used to be though, or built another one like this. Building just one just doesn't feel like we've bounced right back, the skyline is forever changed like this. Then again, the nation has been forever changed, and many don't want to forget.

image.jpg

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Didn't even realize what today was. I hope I'll never see anything like that again. I'll never forget being glued to the TV at work through the whole thing.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

The new tower looks nice, not sure they should have just copied the towers again anyway. Seems a bit disrespectful somehow?

The whole thing even now is hard to take in, all that footage still looks like a movie. Not many moments during our lifetime will still be discussed in history classes in 200 years time, I suspect that 9/11 will be. It will be several decades before we can truly appreciate its effect on the world.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The "Freedom" Tower roll

I truly will never forget 9/11. I remember exactly where I was when I watched the 2nd plane hit live, and trying to explain to people what I had just seen, of which no one believed me. It was too fantastical for them to wrap their minds around. Too crazy. I still tear up thinking about it, and I wasn't even in NYC when it happened.

I had no clue on that day, how much 9/11 like a ripple effect would completely change my generation. The way we view the world. The way we live. The way we see our government. 9/11 had a lasting impression on me. I remember thinking then about the things that "didn't add up" and just swallowed them because I was trying to be a patriotic American. I remember fighting for 10 years to prove my government right. To vindicate it. And giving up, because it just wasn't true.

Looking back now, it's even more of a spit in the face to call it the "Freedom" tower when it's been the exact opposite of that. The indoctrination of the people and the world. Americans have lost almost ALL freedoms guaranteed to them under our constitution under the guise of "keeping our country safe". The end of Habeus Corpus. The end of what made America... America. The legend of America.

Even if you don't believe in conspiracies, our country hasn't been the same since.

If Bin Laden acted alone or giving the orders to those pilots... he shoved a grenade down our throats and pulled the pin.

The 3,000 dead, and the millions more that already are and just don't know it yet.

That's what i'll reflect on.

I'm Paul Harvey

GOOD DAY 22

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

You sound like you have a serious chip on your shoulder JR. I hope this isn't because you've bought into some 9/11 fault flag conspiracy.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Over a million people died as a result of this event. That's my reflection.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I was in Elementary school when this happened and we got off early. Ran home to see what the fuss was about it. Watched the TV...it's still quite a shock and extremely tragic. Especially since years later, more footage of what was going on before the event, after it hit, and the after math is being released. 60 minutes recently had a report about the 9/11 museum and they had this tech set up that could track the profiles of the people that died on the plane, people that gave their lives to help out, and other details. It's an interesting look and can give insight, personal view of the event. The full story for everyone.  Don't know when the whole thing will be released to the public since there are families that want certain things to be there or not be, red tape, construction, all that. It is a day for reflection and a moment of silence no matter what your views are.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
RaZor wrote:

You sound like you have a serious chip on your shoulder JR. I hope this isn't because you've bought into some 9/11 fault flag conspiracy.

My official statement on the subject is...

I don't know

I do not by the government's official story. Missing reports, missing evidence, missing eyewitness testimony, and I could go on. I remember stuff on the day of, even as a high school kid that just didn't add up. "We pulled WTC 7" -- what? United 93 having like no wreckage that it should have.

I swallowed it all, fully supported Bush, continued to support him and the war on terror throughout his entire presidency, and including initially into Obama's presidency. But there was always that eating, nagging thing, like a cancer, that was there going, "Axlin you're an objective thinker. You're smarter than this. Since when do you believe in the accepted consciousness?"

I'm just saying there's A-LOT of unanswered questions. This isn't Pearl Harbor. It also doesn't help how much expansion of the military industrial complex that has occured since then.

You'd have to be asleep to not smell a little stink off of it. Even if the official story is skewed because America didn't want to look like it had it's pants down, I certaintly don't buy the official story anymore.

Not to mention TSA checks, the militarization of our police, the FEMA camps during Katrina... alot of stuff changed after that day. In favor of the U.S. government. They were the biggest benefactors of 9/11 of anyone.

Just sayin', that's all.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Probably not my place as a foreigner to chime in...

but I wish the freedom tower has been a rebuild of the twin towers...or....the twin towers even higher...even more ostentatious etc

I suppose because it's essentially a grave site in some respects people would have considered that bad taste....but to me that would have sent a message along the lines of the "we don't negotiate with terrorists" type vibe.

It would say that America still stands for what it believes in, that it doesn't give up, that it's not afraid, that it won't be terrorised and that it's way of life is not dictated by the actions of other people.

Leaving the skyline scarred (to people who remember the old skyline) immortalises the actions of the skum that did this...it gives it an endless power and importance as the day NYC was changed...while we all want to always remember and pay tribute to the lost lives....in my view it would have been better to send the message to terrorists that they don't get to define and dictate the future....that when you cut part off we grow it back stronger.

Just my 2c.

Board footer