You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Evil Dead Remake (NEW, Full Red Band Trailer)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

While I picked AHS: Asylum, I stumbled upon the flick on sale on BD and had to get it. Loved watching it the theaters and was going to buy it to put on my family's FIOS box; but decided to have it on disc instead. It comes with more features and I can't wait to watch it again with friends for a early Halloween movie party. I also got the original Evil Dead 2 ("GROOVY!") on sale too. I own the original Evil Dead as well; but after watching both..I sort of enjoyed the remake better for the most part. Even though I highly respect the original and how it did all of that with such a modest small budget..and of course the intro to Ash/King Bruce. Wanted to get Army of Darkness; but it wasn't at the store I was at. So I'll try again near my house next time.

I was originally going to wait to get the Blu Ray on this particular version because I thought an Unrated Cut was going to rear it's head very soon; but from what I heard from outside sources, the producers, and the director that this is the cut they were pleased with the most. Even though the theatrical cut was trimmed to get an R and almost got NC-17 for gore and other violent content. Also there were rumors going around that an alternate ending was filmed for a new cut; but the producers decided to leave out and keep the original ending. Turns out it was never shot and only written. Bruce wasn't available for the alternate; so the concept was scrapped. It would of had Mia walking down the road like in the posters and Ash comes by out of nowhere driving a truck asking if she needs help, then all hell breaks lose..and then the end credits. The original end credits and Ash's head cameo was then decided and they said it only took a half hour in an office building with light fixtures edited in with the graphics for the final moment.

Raimi wants to eventually film Army 2 and the new director wants to do an Evil Dead sequel that follows the current universe. I'm open to either one as long as they both don't suck. Thoughts?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I would prefer Army 2 with Raimi and Campbell, even though I didn't see the new Evil Dead, have no intentions on seeing the new Evil Dead, and always thought the original trilogy was overrated anyways, with Evil Dead II being the only real standout for me, even if it was basically a remake of the original five years later.

I just thought Campbell had something original with the character of Ash, no different than Kurt Russell as Snake Pliskken in the Escape films. To me that IS that franchise, no different than Escape being the Carpenter/Russell duo. That's their thing. Recasts, and reboots are un-necessary and unwanted. The fact in today's film world that they didn't just proceed with Army 2/Evil IV rather than rebooting it was kinda dumb.

I mean I don't know precisely was went on in the film, whether it's a reboot or sequel. I was shocked when I saw Friday The 13th 2009 in theaters, and discovered it was basically Friday The 13th Part XII, disguised as a reboot, rather than an actual reboot.

Unless it's a Christopher Nolan situation, or an irrepairably damaged franchise like Halloween or Hellraiser, I almost always prefer sequels to reboots.

I'm still waiting for New Line to completely forget about Nightmare 2010, and just do a straight-sequel with Robert Englund back as Freddy. The dude was a fucking icon as that character. That'd be like recasting Larry Hagman with Clint Eastwood as J.R. on Dallas. No man, no way.

Board footer