You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Sevendust

RaZor wrote:

I couldn't find a thread for these guys already, which is kind of surprising.  I recall a winter in '98 when their first album was practically all my friends and I would listen too.  They just came out with a new album and it's getting pretty good reviews. 

http://loudwire.com/sevendust-black-out … um-review/

A friend of mine picked it up and I'll be borrowing it pretty soon, so I'll be posting my review soon.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Looooove Sevendust. No BS with these guys - they know what they are good at and stick to it.

New album is good - Decay is an awesome single. Total throwback. The title song Black Out the Sun is well put together as well.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

Very cool.  My friend actually got to meet these guys after a show once, said they were really down to earth and cool.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Looooove Sevendust. No BS with these guys - they know what they are good at and stick to it.

New album is good - Decay is an awesome single. Total throwback. The title song Black Out the Sun is well put together as well.

I was able to listen to a few tracks today.  I liked what I heard, some great riffs and melodies.  BOtS and Decay stood out as you said.  I also really liked Faithless and Cold as War.  The only track I didn't like so far is Till Death.  The screaming just doesn't do it for me, turns me off.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

These guys were insanely popular when I was in high school. Never listened to them beyond a couple tracks, but I liked what I heard. I probably should go back for old time's sake. Creed was another band I did that with. Utterly hated them when I was in high school for all the right reasons, and then years later I heard a couple of tracks and much to my dismay all kinds of memories come flooding back. Weird how music does that to you.

I'm sure Sevendust would be the same way.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

At a sevendust show now...gonna be sweeet! All That Remains just played and were great...

Board footer