You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 2013 NFL Thread

Neemo wrote:

Yea any given week is bizarre , u never know who.will win

I do enjoy the unknown aspect tho...one thing I don't enjoy is this new breed of quarterback, also injury rates seem up this season

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Geez NE aren't exactly filling me with confidence last couple weeks

Serious comeback vs Denver then near losses vs Houston and Cleveland...I know its only the end result that matters, but these past two weeks shouldn't even been close

Plus looks like gronk is out again

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Geez NE aren't exactly filling me with confidence last couple weeks

Serious comeback vs Denver then near losses vs Houston and Cleveland...I know its only the end result that matters, but these past two weeks shouldn't even been close

Plus looks like gronk is out again

Losing Gronk is quite large.  Can't come close to replacing him.  He made their offense so much more efficient.  Vereen too, luckily he's still rolling.  They're going to have to rely on him, Ridley 18, Edelman, and a less than 100% Amendola.  No TE's to speak of, a beat up OL, and a deteriorating defense.  Doesn't look promising, but they'll keep fighting.  It's a shame because their offense was rounding into form and had become among the elite in the NFL again.  Without Gronk it'll be tough to maintain that level of play.  Real tough.

I can't explain their first half woes.  Yesterday was even worse, basically 3 quarters.  Then they scored twice in the final minute of the game, so the Browns dominated a majority of the game.  Pats led for 35 seconds of the game, but the last 35 seconds are all that really matter in the results column.  Certainly hasn't been impressive the last few weeks, but a win is a win.  They've lost some close games this year they easily could've won so it all evens out, for the most part.  Road games against Miami and Baltimore could be tough.  I fear they'll lose the 2 seed and have to play Baltimore again in the playoffs.  That usually doesn't end well for the Patriots.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

With Denver losing to the chargers on Thursday it gives the pats a chance for the #1 seed. Hopefully they can have a good 2nd half and pull out a win today

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Geez....pats defense continues to amaze me

Can't beleive they blew a 4th & 5 wtf

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

ya tough loss for the pats but the bengals definitely helped out...

been very quiet in this thread all year. where are all the bears guys???

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

where are all the bears guys???

Silently praying that the Bears can sneak into the playoffs....

Tonight's game is huge. I don't like how the Bears are approaching the QB situation. Pick one and go with him. Bears are not the team they used to be but I can assure you that the Seahawks or Saints do NOT want to play them in the playoffs. Bears D a shell of its former self but they are capable of winning shootouts which means they can beat the two best teams in the NFC. If the Bears play the Niners at home in the 1st round, there's a win. Go into NO and win a shootout there, all that's in the way of the SB is Seattle.

I think both conferences will see major upsets in the playoffs. Bears or Lions will spoil the NFC picture and I'm not really sure about the AFC. Dolphins aren't all that great but be careful if they sneak in.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Tonight's game is huge. I don't like how the Bears are approaching the QB situation. Pick one and go with him. Bears are not the team they used to be but I can assure you that the Seahawks or Saints do NOT want to play them in the playoffs. Bears D a shell of its former self but they are capable of winning shootouts which means they can beat the two best teams in the NFC. If the Bears play the Niners at home in the 1st round, there's a win. Go into NO and win a shootout there, all that's in the way of the SB is Seattle.

I think both conferences will see major upsets in the playoffs. Bears or Lions will spoil the NFC picture and I'm not really sure about the AFC. Dolphins aren't all that great but be careful if they sneak in.

They should have just stuck with McCown who was playing lights out and at a Pro Bowl level.  I'm not sure about their playoff prospects though.  That Bears run D is BAD with all of the injuries and the pass rush  hasn't been good this year.  I'm trying to figure out the Niners myself.  Kapernick has looked bad against good teams  and is nowhere near as good as last year.  That D is still good though.  I can't really trust the Lions because they do a lot of stupid things and commit penalties like crazy.  I'm more bullish on the Packers though and think they could make a run if they get in and Rodgers is healed.  The NFC East winner will probably be one and done in the playoffs as neither of those two teams (Cowboys and Eagles) can play defense well.

The AFC is just plain bad this year.  I think the Ravens and maybe the Chargers are the best chance for a #6 seed to go far in the playoffs.  I'd like to believe in Cincy but they seem to struggle vs good teams.  The Colts have struggled the past two months and that is only masked by the fact that they play in the worst division in the NFL.  Manning  will choke in January as usual.  And the Pats without Gronk are very vulnerable as evidenced by yesterday's defeat.  I'm actually rooting for KC in the AFC .

As for my favorite team the Titans, I'm just rooting for them to lose the last two games so they can fire Munchak and start over again.  They need a QB bad.  The closest thing to winning football I'll see from this club is that  retrospective of the 1993 Oilers that aired the other day on the NFL Network.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Agree about upsets, especially in the AFC.  The Seahawks look solid in the NFC and they are real tough to beat at home.  Anything can happen though.  Peyton Manning is known to wilt in big games, so Denver is far from a sure thing in the AFC.  I'd like KC's chances to beat them, but they've already lost to them twice this season.  The Pats still have an outside chance at the 1 seed, but could also fall to the 4 seed or out of the playoffs altogether.  And while they could be 14-0 this year, they could also be 4-10.  They can literally beat anyone in the NFL and lose to anyone.  It's crazy.  Losing Gronk is huge.  Their offense is still solid until they get in the redzone, but they seriously miss him there.

The Bengals are tough at home, but wouldn't trust them on the road.  Dolphins, Chargers, and Ravens could all cause problems, but only one of them will probably make the playoffs.  I'd lean towards the Ravens, but they have 2 tough games left.  I think they beat New England at home though (hate to say it) and then it could set them up for a winner take all game at Cincy.  I think I'd like their chances in that scenario.  They've got the experience.

Board footer