You are not logged in. Please register or login.

JimBob
 Rep: 1 

Re: Duff McKagan on tour with GNR?

JimBob wrote:

I haven't been following the band that closely these last few years but I follow Duff on twitter and he posted this picture.  A setlist with a chunk of "Duff" songs in the middle.

https://twitter.com/DuffMcKagan/status/ … 44/photo/1

AtariLegend wrote:

I thought probably just nothing, but then I seen Shackler's in the middle too. Yep that's a GNR setlist.

Very nice. tbh I don't even read MYGNR which I assume is the only active forum left. So it's cool to see news/rumors get posted here again.

JimBob

JimBob wrote:

I don't read other forums but check here from time to time since I saw GNR is doing a stint here in Vegas, to see whats going on.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Ya the other forums are saying he's doing a couple of shows with GNR. I'm still unclear whether or not he's doing the whole gig.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

How will that work with Tommy?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

How will that work with Tommy?

He's filling in for Tommy for the rest of the South American gigs apparently.  Tommy has some gigs with The Replacements already lined up.  Duff is friendly with everyone in the band, namely Ron, Tommy, and most importantly Axl.  So it should be a pretty smooth transition.  I know some will probably get bent out of shape over this, but I think it's cool.  I only wish it worked this way with everyone. 21
That ain't happening though, so I'll take this.  Cool that both Duff and Axl can let bygones be bygones after all these years and all that's been said and done.  It isn't that easy to do, as we've seen over and over.

I'd imagine they would stick to songs Duff is familiar with and not much CD stuff.  Would be cool to hear Duff and Axl on "So Fine", maybe some other tunes from yesteryear we don't get to hear often.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I like that Tommy Stinson basically is telling Guns N' Roses to take a piss, he is touring with the Mats.

The Replacements is by a far a better gig than a nostalgic Guns N' Roses show, that can't keep any lead guitarists. Especially the ones that were so important in replacing Slash.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Duff can handle those Bass lines, no problem.  The problem is the double standard here.  Axl got pissed the old band played at the RnRHoF, and Duff was pissed that Axl let the fans down...  Izzy pissed the guys off too for siding with Axl. Fast forward, Duff is fine with it now and can jam with Axl, but Axl is unable in any way, shape, or form, reconcile his differences with Slash like Duff does Axl.  It is bullshit and Duff in a way supports this behavior by once again bailing Axl again....  Maybe Duff is spineless, or forgets who his friends are, but Slash IS ONE OF HIS VERY BEST FRIENDS, so why does he continue to play shows with Axl under the name Guns N Roses, when his best friend cannot?  It is like he should take  his boy's back here.  If I were boys with Axl and Slash, but more so Slash and Axl wanted to hang out, I would almost have to address the Slash deal with him and get a resolution.  I feel like Slash is on his own island on this one and it sucks for him.

JimBob

JimBob wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Duff can handle those Bass lines, no problem.  The problem is the double standard here.  Axl got pissed the old band played at the RnRHoF, and Duff was pissed that Axl let the fans down...  Izzy pissed the guys off too for siding with Axl. Fast forward, Duff is fine with it now and can jam with Axl, but Axl is unable in any way, shape, or form, reconcile his differences with Slash like Duff does Axl.  It is bullshit and Duff in a way supports this behavior by once again bailing Axl again....  Maybe Duff is spineless, or forgets who his friends are, but Slash IS ONE OF HIS VERY BEST FRIENDS, so why does he continue to play shows with Axl under the name Guns N Roses, when his best friend cannot?  It is like he should take  his boy's back here.  If I were boys with Axl and Slash, but more so Slash and Axl wanted to hang out, I would almost have to address the Slash deal with him and get a resolution.  I feel like Slash is on his own island on this one and it sucks for him.

I don't see a double standard.   Tommy is going to go do something else, who better to take over??  I think its cool they can do this.    Maybe Slash is OK with it.   Slash is fine,  he's had the most success of anyone here.   We really don't know all the details.

What will be interesting to see if Duff playing on Chinese Democracy songs!!   But looking forward to hearing the "Duff" songs again like So Fine and Attitude.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Attitude blows, but So Fine would be cool.  I don't think the CD songs are that hard bass wise.. CD and Blues for sure he can do with ease.

Board footer