You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

Looking forward to a new Metal Gear Solid game soon. Don't get it though that if Ground Zeroes is only a 2 hour prequel campaign, then why isn't it being released with The Phantom Pain later in the year?

It seems weird for Konami to go the money grabbing Activision/EA route after all this time sad.

AtariLegend wrote:

Couldn't resist, old conversation on "Duke Nukem Forever"

James Lofton wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

It will make the craze over Halo look like a drop in the bucket.

Hardly, sure it was a good game series, but when people think of great games "Duke Nukem" is hardly near the top of the list, unless you never played alot of games.

This probably wouldn't sell more than Final Fantasy XIII or GTA 4 or MGS 4.

The series wasn't even "Resident Evil" big.

Duke Nukem was massive in the mid/late 90's. Its a fact that the majority of hardcore gamers are adults. They remember it. It will sell. I don't even play games that much anymore, but I will definitely be checking that out when its released. I would be willing to wager that its release will cause an increase in console sales.

Sure, all the details surrounding the making of the game is a fucking joke just like Chinese Democracy is. But more people are interested in Duke Nukem than CD, and when Duke is released, it cant be sent out to everyone with a megaupload link. It will sell.

AtariLegend wrote:

I finally got around to Diablo 3 2 years later (which is weird for a WOW player).

Honestly think it was ridiculously overrated. It's not a terrible game, but it is just clicking your mouse non stop for several hours. First play-through Acts 1-4 on Expert (the highest difficulty initially available and the 3rd tier), way too easy.  It's typical Blizzard creating multiple tiers of difficulties just like WOW where most of them require no effort.

Not exactly much story and I get bored see-ing the same things over and over again, only slightly changing with the acts. I realize there's other difficulties and I could grind out better gear for no particular reason as part of the end game, but why do that if the main course is so dull. It's streamlined like Dragon Age 2 was to Dragon Age: Origins only even worse. Most of the boss fights if you took 15 or so mins to explore (the same looking caves with different layouts) can basically be got through as a Wizard by just standing still and pressing (right click/left click) over and over again.

The concept looks good, but I just don't see any of it fleshed out.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its only been sitting on my shelf for 3+ years but I've finally got into Arkam Asylum... its something special right enough, wish I was young enough and reckless enough to play it on lsd... what a trip that would be!!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

You are never too old for a trip 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Its only been sitting on my shelf for 3+ years but I've finally got into Arkam Asylum... its something special right enough, wish I was young enough and reckless enough to play it on lsd... what a trip that would be!!

I'd certainly tick you off as reckless enough! lol

Thinking about it it's been 6 years since I had a trip myself. About time I think. Most hilarious thing I ever did in my life.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Haha maybe I should elaborate?

Reckless for me! I started taking acid and magic mushrooms when I was 13, loved it what a laugh I had, but I got too complacent and started taking trips in daft situations like school.., haha actually that was funny as though I got into a world of shit in the aftermaths. But the worst thing I ever did was take acid sitting at home myself  or with my parents when I was 15, just for something to do, long story short I had some major freak outs and in the end when I was 16 I couldnt even take a puff of a joint without having a fullblown acid flash back, I couldnt even take a sleeping pill without having a flashback. (I couldnt sleep for about 8 months cause of anxiety when I was 16 after I quit every substance after 1 to many freakouts)
Fuck for a few years in my late teens I occasionally had a flashback for no reason at all, but thankfully I had learned by then I had learned that alcohol knocks any of that nonsense right on the head haha! Victory was mine! 5

But I wouldnt dare take an acid or mushies now or ever again, even 20 years later the vaguest sensation of trippyness after a smoke will send me into a spiral, fuck that shit its awful.

My life flashed before my eyes one time, it was the first freakout actually. I was in bed at night tripping out my skull and my mind unravelled. I was getting all these images flashing into my mind, but it got faster and faster and I couldnt stop it, it was just random pictures in my mind of a moment in time, but they were flashing into my head in a rewind fashion, all the way back to toys I played with as a toddler that in my normal state I wouldnt even remember.  It was fuckin mental, I dont even want to try remember any more stories... fuck dat shit.

Funnily enough there is an acid casualty that wanders the streets in my town, he's like a local landmark, folk pay homage to him... says it all about this shithole of a place I grew up in.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Oh, that explains things (a lot of things 16 ).

Yeah, I've had something of a similar experience as a weed smoker, just not as heavy and luckily it passed. Can be scary stuff hallucinogenics, especially when you take them young.

At least there's alcohol. cool

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Does anyone around here have a PS4 yet?

What do you think if so?

I'm thinking of finally getting one. MLB: The Show has finally made the successful jump to PS4, and with Batman: Arkham Knight (which looks amazing so far) coming later this year... I see me getting one before the end of the year.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

No, not yet, but as a PS "acolyte" so to speak I can speak a little to why I haven't yet: Lack of must have titles. On the previous releases there was always some or several games you sort of just had to have, but I don't feel that is the case for this new one. All the previous PS's were more or less cultural events, this new one seems more restricted to hard core gamers. It feels much less pervasive as a product than before.

I will eventually, but the fact that I don't feel I HAVE to get one is an indication Sony has failed in their marketing.

Board footer