You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

Re: Smoking cessation

-Jack- wrote:

I smoked for 3 years... heavily for the last 2 (1 to 2 packs a day) and after trying to cold turkey numerous times in the last year of smoking (just about every pack I bought I tried to convince myself it could be my last) I bought a good vape and am now 5 months and a few days "clean" from cigarettes.

I can actually have a cigarette occasionally now... but at this point I turn them down. Not enjoyable... tight drag... and little smoke production when compared to the vapage I can get out of my Kecig K100. Not really top of the line anymore but I love it. Built like a tank and requires next to no maintenance. I've dropped it HARD on concrete many many times.

Personally cigarette smokers, if you buy a vape... get one with a drip tank atomizer. The hit is much harsher/stronger (imo) and actually can satisfy the cigarette urge better than traditional tanks (that you see filled with liquid.) Requires less maintenance than a traditional atomizer as well.

And up that nicotine level. I drip a 24mg and most vaper's think that's insane... but... it keeps me away from regular cigs so... it's awesome. Like I said, cigarettes now feel unsatisfying...

Lastly, please don't think disposable vapes are representative of an actual vape. Vapes are a god send for those looking to quit, one just needs to find the setup that works for them. As someone has posted in this thread already, reddit's ecig page has a lot of friendly people and good deals. GL.

-Jack-

-Jack- wrote:
Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Hells yes, sir.

January will be 2 years vaping for me. I have a cigarette occasionally as well.. It keeps me honest, and makes me appreciate the flavors/ vapor production even more. I've tried bunches of mods/tanks.atties.. and now almost exclusively vape Jimmy The Juice Man Creme Brulee ( http://www.giantvapes.com/jimmy-the-juice-man/ ) in a Stillare clone on a Ranger. Fucker is regulated (unlike the mechanical K100) and cranks up to 50watts.

I was a 18-24mg vaper (in my Protank and Kayfun) till I bought a couple of drippers, and yes... Dripping 24mg is absolutely fucking insane. I still rock 18mg in my .9 ohm Kayfun... but I drip 6mg on my RDAs.... generally around .4 to .6 ohms @ 35-45 watts on The Ranger.( http://instagram.com/raffmods  http://www.reddit.com/r/TheRangerOKR) The air flow on the Stillare produces cumulonimbus clouds...

I've actually been considering dropping to 3mg. Dripping is a whole new world. I started at 24-36 mg ( my friends run Enchanted Ecigs, and made me some custom juice back then) and gradually got down to 18mg in a year... It stayed at 12-18 for a few months.. with some 24mg.. but when I started dripping? I almost instantly dropped to 6. Even 12 was like getting hit in the lungs with a Peterbilt.

-Jack-

-Jack- wrote:

All the talk of regulating ohm levels and voltage (voltage? Haha, I'm definitely behind on all this stuff) does make me interested in purchasing a new setup for sure. It would be cool to customize. I'm guessing you get a lower temperature or something while vaping? More cloud production? I don't really understand it but I see a lot of people at B&M's talking about it so... it's interesting haha.

And yeah dripping the 24... I definitely vape for awareness and mental acuity, I like to be able to take a few rips and feel "in the zone" or at least a bit more focused. It serves as caffeine in a way... wake up, vape... tired at work, vape. I was down to 12 for awhile and I don't typically feel craving but eventually I wouldn't mind lowering it again.

I bought a 60ml 24mg bottle from vapor chef recently though... so I gotta get through that first XD

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I'm still smoking sad

I'm meeting a friend in a couple of weeks who I know grows his own weed. I've not had a joint in over a year (don't miss it truth be told), but I'm wondering if I could use maryjane to get off cigarettes. Instead of lighting up a fag I'll take a few draws of a joint (no tobacco) and see if it satisfies my habitual want to smoke.

I smoked way too much weed back in my early twenties, but when I can't get any (which I can't due to where I live) I don't really have any withdrawl symptoms so might give this a shot. Buy an ounce and see if I can last 1 month without tobacco..., and when the weed runs out I've been tobacco free for 30 days, and hopefully without any weed cravings . I'm sure weed is better for me than any "ecig" or "legal high".

I dunno, I'm undecided to be honest. Wish I'd never started smoking sad

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's a damn shame man... hmm

Board footer