You are not logged in. Please register or login.

watson31
 Rep: 1 

Re: Video: GNR live in Vegas 2014

watson31 wrote:

Found this surprisingly good video, live in Vegas from earlier this year. I think I imagined Axl's voice would have fallen apart, but still sounds just like it always did, in my opinion.

Check it out, anyway!

Live in Vegas 2014

guns-n-roses.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

First live vid I've watched since 2009, maybe 2010. Band has zero stage presence. Axl could perform onstage himself with just a CD playing the music for him. People filming this stuff know it too as there's no need for the camera to veer away from Axl. Axl is really showing his age but he sounds pretty good here. Better than 5 years ago anyways.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

First live vid I've watched since 2009, maybe 2010. Band has zero stage presence. Axl could perform onstage himself with just a CD playing the music for him. People filming this stuff know it too as there's no need for the camera to veer away from Axl. Axl is really showing his age but he sounds pretty good here. Better than 5 years ago anyways.

Axl gets a lot of crap for sometimes sounding out of breath, but when you consider that he's over 50 and he's still running up and down stage ramps, that's understandable. He could probably sing better if he just stood in place, but he's still as much of a frontman as he is a singer.

And that's funny that you mention about Axl just playing to a CD by himself, because that's basically what Buckethead did on his last tour a couple of years ago.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I don't know about Axl performing without a backing band. Slash did that recently and it looked strange. Adler has done it too. I guess it's a little different since they're not the singer, but still. Axl is obviously the focal point, but I think the others serve their purpose and don't "get in the way".

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He has chemistry with some, and others not so much. There's very obvious cliques in the band, like Richard, Tommy & Dizzy.

Axl seems to have great chemistry with DJ & Dizzy, but honestly think that's about it. When Duff shows up on-stage, Axl is in an entirely different world of chemistry. Axl seems to genuinely like DJ, and has alot of history with Dizzy.

But to this very day, Axl's relationship with Richard, Tommy & Chris is very 'professional'. They seem to act as if they are co-workers, and nothing more. I see nothing between Axl & Ron, nothing, and Frank seems to just be "the guy playing drums".

The band seems to have chemistry, but it always feels like Axl + his band. And the audience treats it that way too. And before anyone of the nutters about 2001-02 come on with their revisionist history, i'll be the first to say that's bullshit too. Axl looked even more distant in 2001 than he does now.

When Izzy & Duff are on stage, Axl is a different person. The band is different. The entire attitude shifts.

Board footer