You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: sp1at thread

Aussie wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Intentions and chatter are all great, but there is nothing solid out there in terms of evidence.

One of the home studios is probably being used for recording, and nothing has been sent out for mastering yet.

There is no news without noise.

Have you heard anything of the potential material? Is it the old stuff from the Buckethead era that's just been reworked and reworked with any new band member adding a bit here and there, or is there a chance of some brand new stuff amongst it?

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't think anybody has any concrete evidence of anything....especially Axl's intentions of what material he ultimately wants to release.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Aussie wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Intentions and chatter are all great, but there is nothing solid out there in terms of evidence.

One of the home studios is probably being used for recording, and nothing has been sent out for mastering yet.

Have you heard anything of the potential material? Is it the old stuff from the Buckethead era that's just been reworked and reworked with any new band member adding a bit here and there, or is there a chance of some brand new stuff amongst it?

I'm way more interested in the vault material than music by this lineup.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:
Aussie wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Ay. Not to mention the extra wait.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
misterID wrote:
Aussie wrote:
sp1at wrote:

No chatter or noise implies it will be mainly completed vault material.

I cannot offer anything else though.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

If it was to have any new songs, specially by A$hba, we'd be reading about it on his social media..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
otto wrote:

If it was to have any new songs, specially by A$hba, we'd be reading about it on his social media..

He's already said he'll be on the next album, so I'm sure he's already re-recorded his parts over Robin, especially with the time Ax's been in the studio.

I really wish they would release a special edition CD (you know, like most artists do now) with mixes with the original nu-lineup. I would love a double CD of Chinese Democracy I & II with the original players - Bucket and Robin.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

It would be great to hear the album as it was first handed into Universal way back in the early 2000's when they apparently rejected it.

My guess is whoever vetoed it at Uni might have more than a little big of egg on their face when compared with what we eventually got and the benefit of hindsight.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting thread, but I think it brings even more proof into the theory that there never really was a big vault.

Axl himself said it, there was basically one more album, CD II, and that's probably it. Whatever left overs are still out there will be saved for a Special Edition as "Bucket Chunks" or something like that, a mish-mash of discarded B-Sides mixed with instrumentals, some remixes, and maybe a cover or two.

That's it.

Part of me wonders if Axl can get this out, whether it be a 2-CD or an LP + Incesticide-style EP, if Axl will go ahead and box up the new Guns era, and focus on either reuniting for nostalgia and a big pay day -- THEN retire.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I'm under the impression that there are two separate storage rooms with security systems in existence, outside Uni. This goes back to the fact that a lot of recording was done under the Guns name by Paul Huge & co between 94-01. This was when the Internet was accessed via a 56Kbps modem or an ISDN, if you were lucky. Everything was copied from DAT tapes to digital format. Physical copies of things were passed around amongst band members. Everything was backed up. Do the math; there's easily a mountain of discs in existence from those years, different parts and versions of songs.

The question is, who has the sanity to go through it, as there could several albums' worth of music, but it's only scattered into a million pieces?

Board footer