You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree, did Eastwood just want to cover the good and make him a John Wayne style hero? Maybe. Maybe he was worried about movie length. There is also a story of him being a sniper in New Orleans during Katrina. So we don't know the whole story of Kyle, but the man was a beast on the battle field.

AtariLegend wrote:

Does American Sniper cover the fact that segments of his book were complete fabrications, contradicted by other people and that the guy was supposedly a bit of a head case?

Not that this really has anything to do with the film. Since the film supposedly contradicts some of the stuff Kyle himself supposedly said in his book. Which he of course himself in a lawsuit that started before his death was forced to admit that certain things didn't happen.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The Bourne Legacy

I really wanted to watch Blackhat. I'm a huge Michael Mann mark, as this board knows... but I heard it was a piece of shit, and his worst film since "The Keep".

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

killed 255 Americans what would you call him?

I sure would be impressed. Anybody who kills 125-300 people by themselves deserves some respect, if it's just fucking fear.

Chris Kyle was a legendary gunslinger. And that's exactly how I view him. A GUNSLINGER. A flawed man, no hero... just a man with a precision eye, and fast trigger. That's all. Don't over think it. If he was Muslim, and the roles were reversed, i'd like to shake the guy's hand before he took me down. Whatever he did, he was damn good at it. In some ways it was karmic justice he died by gunfire. I sure know if I were him, and I gotta die, somehow someway in that form would be the way to go. You live by the gun, you die by the gun.

As for his book... yeah it's all self-aggrandizing bullshit. Have yet to see Sniper, but i'm gonna be watching it for Eastwood, not Kyle. It's just a movie. All movies and politics are lies anyways. Anybody that thinks otherwise, deserves their lies.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

For those who haven't seen Kingsman: The Secret Service, please do! It is amazing. It's a blast from start to finish. Smiling all the way through. I was pretty down and unsure of myself at the time before seeing the movie. Samuel L. Jackson chewing up screen time as the villain and Colin Firth kicks so much ass it's ridiculous. Easily Matthew Vaughn's best work as a director since X-Men: First Class. One scene alone in the movie is worth the price of admission. Badass soundtrack and solid supporting cast as well.

I'm hoping to watch Furious 7 and the new horror flick, "It Follows" very soon. Since I've heard both are pretty solid and I enjoyed the last Furious film with my friend. Very excited for Age of Ultron in a few weeks.

AtariLegend wrote:

Anyone seen the Poltergiest remake? Is it any good?

I was a fan of the original concept, I remember us talking about it on Evo years ago back when we had lots of Horror film threads.

Me_Wise_Magic

I saw a couple films recently with some friends. Insidious: Chapter 2 is not a bad follow-up; but has a couple bumps along the way that hurts the pace of the movie. The ending is a bit of crab shoot. Still need to watch Chapter 3 since I've heard that's a better movie. I just don't think it needed to be a trilogy. I watched the Babadook (A criticially praised, Kickstarter funded movie from Australia) and I really enjoyed it. It's a different kind of horror with more psychological than scary to be honest. Still very good with some solid performances and ideas from a first time director. As I've already mentioned Mad Max: Fury Road is fantastic. Go see it if you haven't already and feel free to watch it again and again. It's one of those movies that benefits from the theater experience. Explosions done right.

I want to watch the new Jurassic World and Pixar's Inside Out real soon.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Saw Jurrasic World last week. It's good, think it's been overrated a little in some quarters but it's definitely the best of the 'sequals'.

Me_Wise_Magic

A Private Eye wrote:

Saw Jurrasic World last week. It's good, think it's been overrated a little in some quarters but it's definitely the best of the 'sequals'.

Glad to hear it. Thanks for your input. I've heard similar things from a few friends of mine this past week.

AtariLegend wrote:

Seen Jurassic World. Wasn't fond. You know immediately from the start who will and who won't die.

Too many references to Jurassic Park and

Hidden Text:

the ending is actually a hybrid of the original and J3.

It actually comes across lazy.

I remember watching the original and Lost World in the Cinema and enjoying them, don't get why the dinosaurs looked more real in the 90's than they do now sad. The crow that flies over the house at the start looks like standard CGI too, I don't get why they couldn't just film an actual bird. Also all the side plots and standard kids with their parents getting divorced, just too copied. Not really relevant to the story other than pretending that characters actually have backstories.

I actually would have liked to see a Jurassic Park IV, despite III. That didn't mean I wanted too see a standard Hollywood-ized remake with more CGI.

Just my opinion.

Board footer