You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Super Bowl 49

FlashFlood wrote:

Where my pats boys? Faldor (I think)?

Really want this one after the deflategate shit. So fucking stupid. They will absolutely be exonerated.

Lot of Bears fans on the board as far as I remember. Any thoughts on the game tonight?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Really want this one after the deflategate shit. So fucking stupid. They will absolutely be exonerated.

Lot of Bears fans on the board as far as I remember. Any thoughts on the game tonight?

Why will they be exonerated? Because you said so?

I think the pats have a real chance to win. I really think this will be down to the wire?

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

]

mitchejw wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Why will they be exonerated? Because you said so?

I think the pats have a real chance to win. I really think this will be down to the wire?

Every story that has come out this week seems to sway the tide toward the pats. They did not log the psi of the balls at all, they have not indicated that they actually used a gauge to measure psi before the game, and Ian Rapoport has reported today that only 1 ball was 2 psi under and the rest were perhaps even a few ticks under. Seems the only thing they have is the elderly ball attendant went to the bathroom for 98 seconds. Even if they did anything, seems theres nowhere near enough evidence to make any sort of harsh punishment.

And what about Rodgers saying he likes his balls over inflated and trying to sneak them by the refs? Or the Vikings heating their balls on the sidelines this year?

The whole thing is absolutely retarded and jealousy at its finest courtesy of druggy irsay and the colts.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If you look at my mock team positions I had this predicted 16

Great game. Really great game. That CB played that pass perfectly. I don't blame them for trying the throw, it was the execution that was terrible. The Seahawks showed what horrible sportsmen they are as they embarrassed themselves with Baldwin's celebration (hope he gets a mega fine), their fans booing during the national anthem (hope they're banned from attending any NFL game in the future) and the fight at the end when Irvin sucker punched Gronk. All Bush league bullshit. They deserved to lose.

And deflate gate is as ridiculous as "spygate." You get more information and advantage by bringing guys cut by another team in to get their knowledge of the plays and inside info. Every team does it. Jimmy Johnson had guys going through the trash of other teams.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Yep, this one was extremely satisfying considering all the nonsense over the last few weeks. A game for the ages. Back and forth, multiple momentum swigs. Gutsy calls, some that worked, some that didn't. It had a little bit of everything. I could not believe Kearse made that catch to set them up at the 5. All Pats fans were thinking, "not again". But, the defense stepped up and made a play this time, unlike in 2007.

As for the deflated balls. I too think it's going to be hard for the NFL to come up with definitive evidence against the Pats to prove they did anything intentionally. So the question is, can/will they punish them regardless? I think they feel they have to to save some face. If they let them off the hook, this whole thing was a huge waste of time. And while that's exactly what it's been, there are plenty of people who think otherwise and would be outraged if there's no penalty. So they're probably going to succumb to the pressure and levy a fine to the Pats. That's how I see it playing out.

But let's play along and assume the worst. Say they're guilty. They knowingly played the Colts with deflated balls. Heck, maybe they played some other games with deflated balls too. Maybe even in previous years. The balls in the 2nd half against the Colts were pumped back up and they outscored them 28-0. The 1st half, it was 17-7. The balls in the Super Bowl were on the level, and they won. So what does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? How much of an advantage does it actually give you? Nobody really knows. In the Colts game, you could argue that it held them back. The Colts should try to improve their team from within. Build a somewhat capable defense to give them a shot at winning. Stop trying to make excuses as to why a team continues to kill you, other than they're just worlds better. Simple as that.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Yep, this one was extremely satisfying considering all the nonsense over the last few weeks. A game for the ages. Back and forth, multiple momentum swigs. Gutsy calls, some that worked, some that didn't. It had a little bit of everything. I could not believe Kearse made that catch to set them up at the 5. All Pats fans were thinking, "not again". But, the defense stepped up and made a play this time, unlike in 2007.

As for the deflated balls. I too think it's going to be hard for the NFL to come up with definitive evidence against the Pats to prove they did anything intentionally. So the question is, can/will they punish them regardless? I think they feel they have to to save some face. If they let them off the hook, this whole thing was a huge waste of time. And while that's exactly what it's been, there are plenty of people who think otherwise and would be outraged if there's no penalty. So they're probably going to succumb to the pressure and levy a fine to the Pats. That's how I see it playing out.

But let's play along and assume the worst. Say they're guilty. They knowingly played the Colts with deflated balls. Heck, maybe they played some other games with deflated balls too. Maybe even in previous years. The balls in the 2nd half against the Colts were pumped back up and they outscored them 28-0. The 1st half, it was 17-7. The balls in the Super Bowl were on the level, and they won. So what does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? How much of an advantage does it actually give you? Nobody really knows. In the Colts game, you could argue that it held them back. The Colts should try to improve their team from within. Build a somewhat capable defense to give them a shot at winning. Stop trying to make excuses as to why a team continues to kill you, other than they're just worlds better. Simple as that.

While on the surface, this all makes sense to me....but this is too convoluted and complicated.

If a rule is violated....knowingly or not....it is still a violation. Otherwise....why bother having any rules at all?

faldor

faldor wrote:

I agree, but I think it's going to be hard for them to find any proof the Patriots knowingly tampered with the balls. If they do, then yes, they deserve a punishment. And it will probably be stiff. But what if they can't find proof and just that ONE ball, the very ball that was in the Colts possession, was under inflated? Do you punish them for playing with a deflated ball without evidence they did anything to them? The NFL is in a tough spot. And it just doesn't seem that they have much to go on.

Communist China

I don't doubt the Patriots cheat at every available opportunity, but whatever, I'm sure other franchises have the same intentions and just don't get the same results. It was a great game, and that really hurts to admit as someone who hates Boston sports. That's a classic ending that will be talked about forever as one of the great Super Bowl moments. And it'll bolster Brady's legacy, although I'm not sure anyone would be dumb enough to say he's not one of the best QBs of all time anyway. He's probably number 1. I'm a Bills fan so nobody wants to take something away from New England more than me, but fuck, they've earned their spot in history. I'm sick of it but I can't discredit it.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I don't doubt the Patriots cheat at every available opportunity, but whatever, I'm sure other franchises have the same intentions and just don't get the same results. It was a great game, and that really hurts to admit as someone who hates Boston sports. That's a classic ending that will be talked about forever as one of the great Super Bowl moments. And it'll bolster Brady's legacy, although I'm not sure anyone would be dumb enough to say he's not one of the best QBs of all time anyway. He's probably number 1. I'm a Bills fan so nobody wants to take something away from New England more than me, but fuck, they've earned their spot in history. I'm sick of it but I can't discredit it.

I have to say, for years the Patriots have ruled the AFC East, and by a healthy margin. And I don't see that ending anytime soon, but that's besides the point. I swear there's a compliment coming here. 16

In years past many have argued that the Patriots would dominate in the regular season in an inferior division and they wouldn't be prepared when the playoffs came. They'd face some teams that would punch them in the mouth and they just wouldn't be ready for it. But the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills may have lacked in some areas this year, especially the Jets. But all 3 teams had very good defenses that could give the QB's a tough time. And they're building their teams that way for a reason. That's how you beat the Pats, and other high profile offenses. But I think those 6 games this season actually helped prepare the Pats for teams like Baltimore and Seattle.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

The big issue for Miami, New York, and Buffalo is that NONE of them have had anything close to a legitimate quarterback since Chad Pennington. Period.

It's one thing to build your defense to stop the pats and Brady, but the quarterback turnover for those teams makes it nearly impossible to build any sort of a year-in-year-out contender.

Board footer