You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Atlas Shrugged

Lomax wrote:

That's a production music wing of Universal.
All the music we hear in adverts and TV programs is made by independent composers who publish their music through licensing platforms.
This is Universal's licensing platform.
The piece is definitely not GNR.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Lomax wrote:

All the music we hear in adverts and TV programs is made by independent composers who publish their music through licensing platforms.

The piece is by Eric/Anne Darken

My interest is in, not who it is by, but what it was created for. Whether it was an advert etc..

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I fucking love it. It's great. It is very 90's though.

Regardless I could see Axl working on it and wanting to turn it into something. It's very him.

As soon as I heard it, I thought it sounded like something Jan Hammer recorded for an episode of "Miami Vice" back in the day.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

It's a very well produced and enjoyable to listen to composition. There is definitely a CD session vibe surrounding it's arrangement. I know that the General had an orchestral intro that was co-written by Brain that was talked about years ago.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

This has been proven to NOT be GNR. It's just a name coincidence. It's from a Uni database of scores available to be used.
I guess that on other forums they even have figured out the composers names.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

otto wrote:

This has been proven to NOT be GNR. It's just a name coincidence. It's from a Uni database of scores available to be used.

Yeah splat already posted that update. I was just agreeing with some of the guys that it sounded CD-ish in a way whether or not GNR was involved. Thanks though!

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
otto wrote:

Noone ever suggested it was by GN'R, it is about what the piece was created for. When you look at external musicians that have added to GN'R's songs, the Beltramis and the Buckmasters of the world, even Brian May, they all have one thing in common, they have all released music through Universal. Here we have a piece of orchestration called Atlas Shrugged owned by Universal. If you look at alot of the Darkens work, they are simply named, usually after the instrument(s) that are in the piece. Why call something Atlas Shrugged, it seems odd. Anyway, I have not heard anything from either Darken. I'll try again this week. It will probably amount to nothing, but hey ho, no harm asking.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
sp1at wrote:
otto wrote:

Noone ever suggested it was by GN'R, it is about what the piece was created for. When you look at external musicians that have added to GN'R's songs, the Beltramis and the Buckmasters of the world, even Brian May, they all have one thing in common, they have all released music through Universal. Here we have a piece of orchestration called Atlas Shrugged owned by Universal. If you look at alot of the Darkens work, they are simply named, usually after the instrument(s) that are in the piece. Why call something Atlas Shrugged, it seems odd. Anyway, I have not heard anything from either Darken. I'll try again this week. It will probably amount to nothing, but hey ho, no harm asking.

Whoever its credited to is probably doing the ochrestral/misc backing tracks, i know  i cant be the only one who gets a gnr vibe from it.

Lomax wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Lomax wrote:

The piece is by Eric/Anne Darken

My interest is in, not who it is by, but what it was created for. Whether it was an advert etc..

They don't create them for a project specifically. Instead she'll have written and recorded it and then submitted it to the publishers library.
Someone looking for music for their specific project can browse the library and choose a piece that suits.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I stumbled upon this and thought it was humorous...

Classic Rock wrote:

"In addition to these leaked tracks, Classic Rock has heard versions of Rhiad And The Bedouins, Prostitute, Atlas Shrugged (another track featuring the signature guitar of Brian May) and Silkworms." (Classic Rock, 07/07)

Mick Wall wrote:

You’ve got to remember as well that there have been versions of this CD kicking around since 2001 or 2002. There’s one record company executive, who I dare not name, who was playing privately for journalists in London in the summer of 2007, his version of the album, which dated back to when he worked on the project — 2001 or 2002, when it was first on the schedules to be released. And these were finished tracks.

Source: https://www.wired.com/2008/11/mick-wall-takes/

I guess that solves that one. 16

Give me that sweet, sweet 2002 CD. bucket 11

Board footer