You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Hey, its been a while.

Tommie wrote:

First of all, I'm glad to see this place is still up and running. I know the community as a whole hasn't exactly prospered in the last few years. I don't know what the current status is Admin / Mods /finance wise, but I don't Wanna see this place die. I'm willing to help out financially if need be.

* To whoever is running this now, feel free to PM me. *

Anyways, sorry to be so inactive for so long. I lost my job in 2011 and decided to go back to school and get my degree. ( Graduated this past December; Penn State- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice)     Now its  job hunting time, So... well I have a good bit of extra time on my hands lol.

I'm going to try and log in more. But I'll say upfront that I haven't been following GnR news AT ALL recently. So someone feel free to give me the broad strokes of the last few years.

I'm also going to (probably) update this thread with my Facebook and Linkedin contact info.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Hey Tommie good to see you around again!

Things all quiet on the GNR front since the Vegas residency last year, rumours of a new album but there's also rumours of Axl retiring so who knows. Same old shit really 16 Ron also appears to have quit but nothing's official.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hope you find a job you are happy with Tommie!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Nice to see you back.

It's been quiet no surprise there, but there was a leak a few years ago if you didn't catch it. "Going Down" with Stinson on vocals and Axl on backing. There's also the usual rumors about an album later this year.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Good to see an old face resurface. I wish a lot of the old timers would drop by, even if they're not going to post regularly. Just check in and let us know they're alive.

AtariLegend wrote:

Whatever happened to DoubleTalkinJive all those years ago and Backslash?

Or Neemo!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Whatever happened to DoubleTalkinJive all those years ago and Backslash?

Or Neemo!

Backslash disappeared years ago. Neemo got busy with life and the kids. DTJ I am not too sure where she went. Guessing life got in the way.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm still alive, and like others -- life happens.

I think I, as well as alot of them, would be more involved if something were happening with GN'R on the new music front. Even in a GN'R reunion, I think shows would only have legs for as long as the first show happened, then setlist complaints would be all people talked about or Axl's voice or how fat and washed up this or that guy is.

What we need is NEW MUSIC and new music on a consistent basis to get those old timers interested again. But then again... maybe they've just moved on. I know I just started burying myself in new bands/music, and just kinda forgetting about Guns.

Lomax wrote:

I check in pretty much everyday 3 or 4 times a day.
Just don't post much because there's not much to post about.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Lomax wrote:

I check in pretty much everyday 3 or 4 times a day.
Just don't post much because there's not much to post about.

I think that's how it is for a lot of people. In a way this place has always been like that. When the meat and potatoes are finally served, the table will be full.

Board footer