You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

johndivney wrote:

C'mon, nobody plays gtao?!
It's bloody hilarious!

Yea shadow of mordor is a cracker. Still got to borrow it again & finish it.

Been doing Driveclub this evening, awaiting projectCARS. Been pleasantly surprised @ how decent it is. What's a new console without a mediocre driving game, huh?! Haven't taken it online yet, cause I'd get my ass handed to me. AI does seem far too easy but aside fro. That it's enjoyable. Picked it up cheap preowned so happy enough. Despite the hate it received on launch I'm quite liking it. Got fed up waiting for the free ps+ version, & waiting on projectCARS & a bit fed up with races in gtao..

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I got GTA V for the PS3 and thought it was ok, but I never really got that far in before I took a long break and now I dont want to start it again unless I start from the beginning cause I've forgot everything. I dont play online at all. Think I'll save it for the PS4.

I'm replaying Arkham Asylum at the mo, then City and then Origins probably. I liked Origins a lot, thought the graphics were unreal and loved the atmosphere of the city, dunno why folk shat on it - cause Mark Hammil wasnt joker? Probably.

I played the fuck out of Fifa14 after a 8 year sabbatical from footy games, but I dont think it was as good as the older generations of the games, it was over blown with razzamatazz and shiny shit and whooshes and a whole load of other pointless shit, and the actual gameplay gets lost in the showing off. After reading so many good reviews for ProEvo this year I got it instead of Fifa... it must be the PS4 version that is good cause the PS3 version is pretty disappointing - I fkn loved the PS2 versions.

Shadow of Mordor I really want to try but I think I might wait and play it on PS4 - gonnie pick one up at Xmas time, might as well have some games I know I really wanna play. Arkham Knight looks a bit special as well big_smile

I played Alien Isolation over the winter, anyone played that? Fuckin hell, this shit is freaky as fuck. I really want to play it again but everytime I fire it up I'm like, I cant go through this shit again, its fuckin heart in mouth stuff and wears you out. I thought the graphics, environment and atmosphere where so realistic and bone chilling, this was on the PS3, cant wait to see it on PS4. I adore the first Alien film and this was as good a sequel as Aliens was, and a much worthier addition to the franchise than 3 and 4.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I play GTA online for ps4. But I just picked up Mortal Kombat and I am hooked. It's just old fashioned fun.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I play GTA online for ps4. But I just picked up Mortal Kombat and I am hooked. It's just old fashioned fun.

Yeah my friend is picking it up sometime this week; so I'm hoping to play it with him very soon. Since I don't own a PS4 at this time.

johndivney wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I played the fuck out of Fifa14 after a 8 year sabbatical from footy games, but I dont think it was as good as the older generations of the games, it was over blown with razzamatazz and shiny shit and whooshes and a whole load of other pointless shit, and the actual gameplay gets lost in the showing off. After reading so many good reviews for ProEvo this year I got it instead of Fifa... it must be the PS4 version that is good cause the PS3 version is pretty disappointing - I fkn loved the PS2 versions.

I played Alien Isolation over the winter, anyone played that? Fuckin hell, this shit is freaky as fuck. I really want to play it again but everytime I fire it up I'm like, I cant go through this shit again, its fuckin heart in mouth stuff and wears you out. I thought the graphics, environment and atmosphere where so realistic and bone chilling, this was on the PS3, cant wait to see it on PS4. I adore the first Alien film and this was as good a sequel as Aliens was, and a much worthier addition to the franchise than 3 and 4.

I love this years PES. Best football game in a generation.
Just needs a few minor tweaks to its competitions (e.g. A dedicated 2v2 comp) & a higher limit in the team play lobby (get the max limit exceeded bs thing too often). Other than that it plays like vintage pes/winning eleven.

Funny re Alien
Great game. I found it frustrating more than scary but I get it. Think I got my fill in survival horror from it for the time being. Defo need moe action games these days. Don't really have time to sit hiking in a cupboard for 5mins, when I could be blowing shit up! It's no contest really. You're right in that it wasn't very relaxin/a good way to unwind. There's not many laughs to be had with it.

AtariLegend wrote:

Going to get the FFX HD remaster for the PS4 tomorrow, feeling nostagic. I actually have the PS2 original still here, so this is a first for me buying  a remaster.

Looking forward to The Witcher 3 next week.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Going to get the FFX HD remaster for the PS4 tomorrow, feeling nostagic. I actually have the PS2 original still here, so this is a first for me buying  a remaster.

Looking forward to The Witcher 3 next week.

YES. Can't wait to pick up my copy of The Witcher on Tuesday. Gonna get lost in it for hours. Might take the day off just to explore the open world.

johndivney wrote:

yea just about finished the witcher 3, should have it done this evening or over the weekend if i get a chance. just about to face

Hidden Text:

the 2nd main bad guy, then got to do the #1 big bad guy

it's been p great. i'll miss it when it's done. been quite funny.
loading times after death tho, really suck the fun out of things. that's the sorta shit that could turn me off playing games this generation. you're wasting the better part of a minute waiting for it to load. i remember a time when your extra life kicked it straight away.
it's an unreasonable punishment for dying, especially when a lot of deaths are accidental (geralt can't fall 2 feet without losing most of his health bar ffs, or getting stuck behind scenery during a battle).

want to get back to gtao for a blast or two, so trying to finish up the witcher.

actually finally did the last of us. jeez that was an overrated snoozefest. 'go here, hit x to pick up ladder, hit x to place ladder'. good grief. the voice acting was great, but i didn't think the story was worth the praise it gets, just you standard b-movie/zombie fare.

i'll say this tho about the witcher, compared to gtav & tlou, the voice acting is rubbish & really lame in places. oh man, when i first arrived on that island where everyone talks w/a

Hidden Text:

northern ireland accent

! i'd already despaired for the voice acting & that was just the icing on the cake!

about the witcher 3 - anyone else find the tyrion lannister easter egg?? came across it last night, enjoyed it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh I so agree on The Last of Us. Talk about a BORING ASS game.

I can't even get to Level 2. It's too goddamn boring. I just can't get into it. I've tried 3 times. So overrated.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

I haven't enjoyed a game like I have enjoyed The Witcher in ages. Almost completed the the main game. Gwent is good fun as well. I will definitely miss it when it's gone. Will definitely get the expansions when they release. I am going to try and finish it this week to clear up some time for the new Batman coming this week.

Board footer