You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Stay of Execution

James wrote:
AndreCC wrote:

Honestly, I don't see the album being released until 2016. Think it will be somewhere within November 2016.

That's no different than saying it might be released in February 2020. It's mid-May right now. As we head into summer, if it doesn't pop up on a Uni fall release list, it's not happening this year. Period. Also no point in predicting future years of its release.

Hardcore fans should be a bit weary in regards to posting pie in the sky scenarios regarding a potential new album. I still say to this day that at least part of the wait for CD was due to how people on fan sites took all the rumor, speculation,etc. to extreme levels, especially the final two years of the wait. The "fake insiders" should have been banned from all sites immediately. All they accomplished was a creation of smoke screens which played into the GNR camp's hands perfectly.

Jarmo got a lot of shit back then, some of it warranted I suppose. However, he was right on his zero tolerance policy for that garbage. The other sites should have followed his lead.

In my opinion Axl will probably want the new guitar player to bring something to the album,

Then it's nothing more than a merry go round like before, except much worse. Axl and his fans are too old for another 10 year wait. Stinson even brought this up several years ago.

If no album is on the horizon I think Axl should just retire or at least be honest with himself and the remaining hardcores and admit it's a nostalgia act. We already know that but a confirmation of the fact would stop dead in its tracks any second album pipe dreams.

Either release an album or say that you have no desire to. As David Lee Roth would say....

It aint rocket surgery.

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

I really hope it's not that far away. I have no idea what could be the delay from releasing it this year, unless he's searching for a new guitarist.

Why even bother then?

The new guitarist thing is obviously why they never even released the "Better" video in the end. Ideally Axl would just release a mastered version of whatever Butcket ect recorded pre-BBF and the tracks like Atlas Shrugged that we know exist. Don't even go out of the way to include Ashba. If a new guitarist joins, then going by history we'd have another 2 years of "finishing touches" to tracks recorded in the 90's.

I doubt if this album is ever released it'll actually be pushed. Even if it was, not like it'd sell much anyway even if there were hits.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

I really hope it's not that far away. I have no idea what could be the delay from releasing it this year, unless he's searching for a new guitarist.

Why even bother then?

The new guitarist thing is obviously why they never even released the "Better" video in the end. Ideally Axl would just release a mastered version of whatever Butcket ect recorded pre-BBF and the tracks like Atlas Shrugged that we know exist. Don't even go out of the way to include Ashba. If a new guitarist joins, then going by history we'd have another 2 years of "finishing touches" to tracks recorded in the 90's.

I doubt if this album is ever released it'll actually be pushed. Even if it was, not like it'd sell much anyway even if there were hits.

Adding Ron had nothing, zero, Nada, with holding up the albums release. It was very simple, very quick. The label held onto to the record AFTER it was turned in for over a year. There's no telling why the better video wasn't released, it had all of them in it.

I think it would be pushed and it would sell, IMO.

And that new guitarist might be Slash.

Yes, I said it and I'm being serious. That would mean DJ is out too. If it does happen I hope SOE is released, with or without Slash. IF that happens.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I have seen a bit of reunion speculation lately.  Did I miss something that makes it more of a possibility now?  It seems as though nothing has really changed, but I haven't been following closely at all.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

The reunion speak does seem to have picked up, although I haven't seen anything significant that suggests things have changed. There are some minor things like old pics of Slash being posted on the GNR Facebook feed I think, plus didn't Del say or post something positive about Slash?

Minor shit really.

I guess with the end of the last tour cycle, Ron leaving and apparently the rest of the guys sacked (or you could argue probably just not being paid a retainer until it's time to tour again or something similar and less dramatic), the vacuum of info/communication gets filled with reunion rumours.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:

There's some speculation on an Axl having talks with Slash and both being ok with each other afterwards, but it is what it is, speculation. Dunno if it's true or not.
There's also speculation on Duff wanting to be a permanent member in GNR, but I dunno how that would go with Tommy.

Again this is just speculation that Iv read on some websited. Nothing confirmed legit.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I've seen a couple of insiders say for years that both Slash and Duff have made it clear they want back in, and it wouldn't be a reunion, unless you consider those guys returning a reunion. My guess is that it would be a hybrid with Chris, Richard and maybe Frank. No one has been firedbor released. Its as simple as contracts being fulfilled and its open with who comes back or not.

I really don't know what's happened but it seems Axl and Slash have communicated, if not face to face, but through someone.

And to get real weird, it all seems to have started when Slash divorced Perla and began seeing his old UYI era girlfriend and Erin Everly's best friend.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've seen a couple of insiders say for years that both Slash and Duff have made it clear they want back in, and it wouldn't be a reunion, unless you consider those guys returning a reunion. My guess is that it would be a hybrid with Chris, Richard and maybe Frank. No one has been firedbor released. Its as simple as contracts being fulfilled and its open with who comes back or not.

I really don't know what's happened but it seems Axl and Slash have communicated, if not face to face, but through someone.

And to get real weird, it all seems to have started when Slash divorced Perla and began seeing his old UYI era girlfriend and Erin Everly's best friend.

I hope you are right.

Lomax wrote:
Aussie wrote:

The reunion speak does seem to have picked up, although I haven't seen anything significant that suggests things have changed. There are some minor things like old pics of Slash being posted on the GNR Facebook feed I think, plus didn't Del say or post something positive about Slash?

Reunion speak always picks up for a band when there's nothing on the immediate horizon.

buzzsaw wrote:

I have seen a bit of reunion speculation lately.  Did I miss something that makes it more of a possibility now?  It seems as though nothing has really changed, but I haven't been following closely at all.

Same.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Actually, from people who seem to know, the new album is on the horizon, possibly the end of the year and has nothing to do, so far, with any former member potentially returning.

Board footer