You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: RUMOR: GN'R Reunion @ Soundwave

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I think we'd most likely see a hall of fame type scenario where both Matt and Steven are involved. Steven on AFD and Matt on the UYI stuff. I've no idea what kind of shape Stevens in these days, would he be up to it?

See for yourself. Currently taking baby steps to stay focused on the road. He certainly has his work cut out for him, reunion or not. Time will tell.

Adler's band is KILLER!!!!

Sky Dog wrote:

my point was a first reunion show won't happen at a festival and it would be highly unlikely to happen in Australia....nothing against Australia, you guys rock hard

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

It might happen at a festival, provided that it has a link with their past, or has enough cachet. My guess would be Rock in Rio, or Download. Rock Am Ring might be candidate as well.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

I think that if there will be a reunion the only music that will be released will be a 'Best Of' but we really won't know until it happens I guess...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
TeddyBearForever wrote:

I think that if there will be a reunion the only music that will be released will be a 'Best Of' but we really won't know until it happens I guess...

Old GNR always deserved a better GH/Best of   Even though the discography is small it's strong enough for two discs.. Actually, they should do one now. I never bought GH. Axl & Slash were against it plus it had a vomit inducing tracklist.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

James that greatest hit album was a fuckin mega hit, it was on the charts forever. Who cares it never had the deep cuts, it couldnt have possibly been more successful. Whether you were bored of the tracks or not it was a red hot runaway success. i think its a pretty fuckin great album, plus its never been confirmed but I;m fairly sure the tracks were remastered, they defo sound more crisp than the album versions. great artwork as well.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
TeddyBearForever wrote:

Hey hey John Divney, your getting outnumbered here... The Teddy Bears Forever Boyo!! 5

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Of course it was a mega hit. Their only GH, only album 94-08, & it only cost a few bucks.

It was not a good representation of what the band was.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

No one seems to have mentioned Izzy in their scenarios? I'll take an Axl/Slash/Duff reunion in a heartbeat and it will be the biggest news in rock for many years but he's vital for me. Hoping they would work up some material. Who knows, perhaps they have been? Theres got to be stuff from back in the day, the 96 era and/or CD2 that can be worked up/added to. Other than that I guess the long rumoured UYI doco, an official release of the Ritz show, a remastered double album best of. Exciting times - I think there is something to this

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Also worth mentioning that GN'R (not the GNR I saw in 2007) is on my bucket list to see. Never saw them in the day. I live in New Zealand and have always said I would go anywhere in the world to see something resembling the original lineup. Suffice to say Australia if they came there would be ideal but i'd seriously travel to the US or Europe if required

Board footer