You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Post your track list for GH/Best Of set

Neemo wrote:

3 disk box set ... 2 disks of gnr (1 of hiTS,  one of deep cuts) ... 1 disk of guns  members solo work hits

And for more casual fans

Just disk 1... a single disk version of just the biggest guns hits

Disk 1
Welcome to the jungle
It's so easy
Scom
Paradise city
Patience
Don't cry
Knocking on heavens door
November rain
Civil war
You could be mine
Live and let die
Estranged

Disk 2
You're crazy acoustic
My Michelle
Night train
Mr brownstone
Rocket queen
Perfect crime
Dust n bones
Dead horse
Don't damn me
14 years
Yesterday's
Pretty tied up

Disk 3
Madagascar
Street of dreams
Beggars and hangers on
Back from cali
By the sword
You're a lie
Believe in me
Somebody knocking
Shuffle it all
Fall to peices
Set me free
Slither

AtariLegend wrote:

If you exclude the "Chinese Democracy" tracks it's a little bit cynical to put out a best of collection in 2 discs for 3 full albums and a EP. There's no way you should include TSI tracks.

Remember the talk about "The Greatest Hits" Vol 2 collection that had the new G'NR logo that never got released? It was basically more than half the fucking songs the band ever released.

I will agree though that a 1 disc collection is hard, but 2 discs from 3 discs and a half is too much.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Why shouldn't TSI be included? While the band didn't seem to give a shit about it, only Slash promoted it, and the release was bad timing I don't see the point in pretending it doesn't exist. It was GNR's swan song. The fact GNR was in limbo for 15 years after its release places it under an even bigger microscope.

Yep. Remember that GNR GH 2 thing around the forums. I dont remember if that was confirmed fake or not. Anyone have the track list?

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Why shouldn't TSI be included? While the band didn't seem to give a shit about it, only Slash promoted it, and the release was bad timing I don't see the point in pretending it doesn't exist. It was GNR's swan song. The fact GNR was in limbo for 15 years after its release places it under an even bigger microscope.

Yep. Remember that GNR GH 2 thing around the forums. I dont remember if that was confirmed fake or not. Anyone have the track list?

It was posted by shop sites years back for pre-order and there's a Blabbermouth article about it, but no track listing. I couldn't find anything on google, too many other fan made versions that were unrelated.

We discussed it years back, there were pictures that made it look legit ish, although the articles that mentioned it coming out said they hadn't received any official word yet despite the pre-orders. Might have been on the site we were at in between ROV/Evo. Such a pain to search for.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Wasn't that supposed best of people talked about before called "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best Of Guns N' Roses" or something like that?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

So, CODA was Zeppelins Swan Swong....nobody gave a shit . Old school Gnr had 3 proper studio albums...afd, uyi 1 and 2....that is it...noodles and lies don't count as proper albums.

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

So, CODA was Zeppelins Swan Swong....nobody gave a shit .

I stand corrected. 13 CODA was definitely a pile of shit. I bought that when I was 14 or 15, got home and put it on and was literally in shock that a Zeppelin album could be that bad. I was expecting epics up the ying yang.  Situation between TSI and CODA not exactly similar though but I read you and Atari loud and clear.  tommy

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

LALD is horrible and should never be played again. It is a good cover but not worth being on GH.

James

James wrote:
TeddyBearForever wrote:

Wasn't that supposed best of people talked about before called "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best Of Guns N' Roses" or something like that?

Yeah thats it. I remember on the old site all the arguing about how they had the gall to release another GH when they were supposedly hard at work on CD. 16 Call me crazy but sometimes I get a bit nostalgic for the pre-CD discussions on GNR forums. Definitely not saying I wish we were still wondering when or if its coming out. 16

Board footer