You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: As the reunion rumors are on a treadmill...

Smoking Guns wrote:

Lofton, I hear you in the SG thing but this is more like the Rolling Fucking Stones.  If done properly this can be a stadium tour in several markets and multiple shows in arenas in mid city towns.  EVERYONE IS STILL ALIVE. unlike Floyd, Zep, Stones, even the Beatles. This was the last MEGA band of our time. They need to be smart space the dates for Axl to rehab his voice and to give the guys some distance so nobody gets on anyone nerves. Steven if involved would need 24-7 supervision. Bring Axl's shrink. Kill anyone offering any drugs to any band member. Keep Booze away. Focus on the $$$$$$$.

Meantime, if Guns would release CD2 and tour with Robin and Duff...

Sure. I'd be curious. 50%
Impress me. On the fence on Robin &/ CD2. 7%
Nah. Wake me up when the reunion happens. 43%
Total votes: 28
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well the reason I didn't use the Stones in that is the fact it wasn't really a reunion. MAYBE Steel Wheels but they were only gone about five years. GNR definitely could have been that. Key words are could have. The jury is still out and this isn't 1989 or even the 90s when U2 become a massive stadium act. We're in 2015 and beyond in an evolving industry.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

The Soundgarden/NIN tour last summer - made me feel really old.    The kids aren't into rock concerts these days.    I am 35, and most attending the show looked older than me.   

GnR probably missed the boat by about 10 years.     Not to say it wouldn't get a lot of buzz and sell a lot of tickets, but lets face it.. these guys are all past their prime, and we are too.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Past prime or not, my ass is THERE when it happens.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

In the meantime, we can stay busy...

68a4yc.jpg

Mama's Good Boy

Smoking Guns wrote:

Me too.   If I'm able.   

Probably won't be traveling very far..   In 2006 I traveled all over to see the band... but those were different times.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Me too.   If I'm able.   

Probably won't be traveling very far..   In 2006 I traveled all over to see the band... but those were different times.

Me too. I went all over the country. Wouldn't bother these days.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah rock is definitely dying. The music scene is evolving and so is the touring industry. People have too many options in the current culture. Hell, people nowadays don't even go to shows to enjoy it. They go to film a clip of the hit for Facebook so their friends will all click the 'Like' button.

I agree this should have happened in 03-05 but these are the cards we've been dealt. I do believe it will be successful but its not going to be a Live 8 Pink Floyd destroying the planet's stadiums and blowing up social media indefinitely. Yes the reunion will be major news, social media will see #GNRREUNION for a couple weeks, then it becomes a normal touring act whose success we all seem to disagree on.

Love your screen name.

Mama's Good Boy

James Lofton wrote:

Yeah rock is definitely dying. The music scene is evolving and so is the touring industry. People have too many options in the current culture. Hell, people nowadays don't even go to shows to enjoy it. They go to film a clip of the hit for Facebook so their friends will all click the 'Like' button.

I agree this should have happened in 03-05 but these are the cards we've been dealt. I do believe it will be successful but its not going to be a Live 8 Pink Floyd destroying the planet's stadiums and blowing up social media indefinitely. Yes the reunion will be major news, social media will see #GNRREUNION for a couple weeks, then it becomes a normal touring act whose success we all seem to disagree on.

Love your screen name.

Thanks smile

Yea the fact that a legendary rock band like the Red Hot Chili Peppers played second fiddle as a guest to some guy I never heard of at the Super Bowl recently says it all. 

No idea what the kids are into these days music wise.

With that said, GnR is really the last big band yet to cash in on the reunion thing, and if it happens, its going to do very well.

Not getting my hopes up on new music from any incarnation of the band.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James Lofton wrote:

One last thing....anyone who thinks a reunited GNR will play anything from CD is smoking way too much crack.

I would've thought that myself, but then Duff went and played CD-era songs on that SA tour. I'd imagine that if anything from the album were going to be played, it'd be This I Love – it's popular with the fans, it's a piano-led ballad with a big solo spot, and Slash could play whatever he damn well pleased over it. And it dates back to the UYI era.

Board footer