You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: As the reunion rumors are on a treadmill...

polluxlm wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That massive pop from the crowd begs to differ.

I also wouldn't expect all casuals/hipsters to know who he is or know the full backstory.  Both those vids prove there will be enough thousands in attendance to give him the applause/respect that he deserves.

I get being near a few people who don't know but do you seriously believe an arena or stadium full of people are not going to go bat shit when he walks out there?

I don't need to believe, I was there. I saw the reaction. It was, "Who's that, then? Izzy? Huh. Cool." It wasn't the Second Coming, it was a collective shrug.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Even in the 90s most people didn't know who he was (or care when he left).

I'd chalk up any big applause to the crowd just reacting, like they do anything.

In a small show maybe, but with a big crowd the majority will be casuals and they have a rudimentary knowledge of the band at best. An Izzy less reunion would go unnoticed by anyone not a hardcore fan.

Meantime, if Guns would release CD2 and tour with Robin and Duff...

Sure. I'd be curious. 50%
Impress me. On the fence on Robin &/ CD2. 7%
Nah. Wake me up when the reunion happens. 43%
Total votes: 28
Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
misterID wrote:

Set list of last GNR show:
[..]
Paradise City
Baby Blue
(Badfinger song)

Was Baby Blue played after every show, or just the last gig? It's an interesting song choice.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

No doubt Izzy in the any GnR lineup makes it better.     Doubt he would commit for very long though.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I just think in general people discounting Izzy at this stage is crazy. I've seen no evidence the guy wouldn't want to be involved and from recent years it looks like Axl and Slash are happy to share a stage with him. All this talk of Fortus with Izzy occasionally guesting is crazy. It's not a proper reunion without him anyway and I think he'd be there with bells on.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I just think in general people discounting Izzy at this stage is crazy. I've seen no evidence the guy wouldn't want to be involved and from recent years it looks like Axl and Slash are happy to share a stage with him. All this talk of Fortus with Izzy occasionally guesting is crazy. It's not a proper reunion without him anyway and I think he'd be there with bells on.

I'm not sure it will be a proper reunion. It might be easier for a lot of different reasons if the guys basically rejoin the band than reunite. Izzy will be there for as long as Izzy feels like it. He's not going to punch a time clock for a huge tour, IMO. He'll do a tour, get his money, and most likely show up sporadically from there.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Will wrote:

Was Baby Blue played after every show, or just the last gig? It's an interesting song choice.

I got two suggestions.

Breaking Bad finale and Todd Rundgren, the producer of the original Badfinger song. Axl's always been a big Rundgren fan, covering Dust in the Wind as an intro to NRain on the UYI tour, if memory serves me right. My guess is that he's been aware of the song a good while, as he listens music by the dozens. However, he could've also caught the show and felt it resonated.

Having said that, Baby Blue is a bit solemn way to wrap up a tour. Essentially, the lyrics are about love lost. A relationship is in the skids and the narrator is hoping to get back into it.

Guess I got what I deserve
Kept you waiting there, too long my love
All that time, without a word

Ironic, eh?

There's a glimmer of hope at the end of the song, implying, 'I'm still here, I'll be coming back one day.'

Til that day.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

11day, I wasn't saying you were lying about your experience. Some there might have been new fans. The crowd pop is there and if anyone can get that reaction let's see some massive Fortus pops. Only performed with em  100s of times. Gotta be one example.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

Reunion is a long ways off... I want CD II and that seems where Axls' head is at right now. He was def in the studio when he sent the picture on Twitter, whenever that was, and not a home studio.

This guy was so clued in. I wonder if you know where axl's head seems to be right now?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

big money talks Neemo....that kind of money, even for a short tour, would REALLY set Izzy up financially for life.

FP money.....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

Reunion is a long ways off... I want CD II and that seems where Axls' head is at right now. He was def in the studio when he sent the picture on Twitter, whenever that was, and not a home studio.

This guy was so clued in. I wonder if you know where axl's head seems to be right now?

Monday morning QB. That was happening in flux. It was my guess and I wanted Robin back, that was my wishful thinking. They just released a pic from the studio with Pittman, but that obviously didn't work out wink

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Frank will probably be the guy.

I highly doubt Frank or anyone else would be on drums. A reunion, with a nu-GnR member, is just getting off to a bad start. And would only be a sign that Axl is being difficult already to put up with. It would just be a slippery slope, if he can't let Matt tour, what next, he'd wanna play some CD stuff but no VR? Be constantly late, cancelled shows??

Refusal to allow a drummer join is just symbolism for larger things to come. Plus Slash & Duff have years with Matt in VR, whatever they're thoughts about him when it ended, time has passed. And after Duff saw Adlers latest, he probably thinks back that Sorums an alright guy to have.

IF no Izzy, it should be Gilby for a "reunion".

Let me say this, and even Axl said this, people will see a gnr reunion as Duff, Axl and Slash. No one else really matters, that includes Izzy, to the general public. I would go a step further and say Axl and Slash on stage is the only thing that matters.

After all these years, all the animosity and impossibilities, I really doubt anyone will give two shits who is playing drums or rythym guitar. I know one thing, it won't be Matt or Gilby. And no one, save the smallest of margins, will care.

I was right tongue

Board footer