You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

sp1at wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

They should avoid Leeds/Reading and Download like the plague even if is Axl, Slash and Duff.

Maybe try their luck with Glastonbury? tongue

I spoke to Andy Copping, and GN'R will not be at Download.

Benn wants GN'R at Leeds/Reading, so that is a possibility.

The one I am looking at is Sonisphere at Knebworth. There are a few things to consider here. Firstly, the vibe on their forum is pointing towards GN'R. Secondly, Sonispere is easier with bands who run late due to their licensing. Lastly, the festival is run by John Jackson who books all the tours for GN'R, and they will be looking for a big band this year after taking a year off. There are rumors this year that the festival is not taking place again, but I can confirm that, at this stage, the festival is still being worked on. And I also know that Sonishpere Italy are due to anounce soon, although I do not know anything at all about their line-up

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40
apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

the Rock in Rio dates, which one would presume Guns would be a definite for if they are touring

Axl's buried the hatchet with Roberto Medina? Following RIR 2011, Medina told publicly that Ax is too much of a headache.

sp1at wrote:

The last I checked, Benn was done with New Guns. Reunion starts now. 19

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

the Rock in Rio dates, which one would presume Guns would be a definite for if they are touring

Axl's buried the hatchet with Roberto Medina? Following RIR 2011, Medina told publicly that Ax is too much of a headache.

sp1at wrote:

The last I checked, Benn was done with New Guns. Reunion starts now. 19

I will not look into RIR because I have not spoken to the Medinas for years. You may be right, but the band do have a history with the festival

As for Benn, you can either ask him, or it is mentioned here  http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n … ks-6478824

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Another one to add to the mix. Slane Castle in Ireland next May/June

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/ … Slane.html

johndivney wrote:

yea Slane would be sweet. great venue, natural amphitheater.
have fond memories of slipping on my hole in the mud dancing to honky tonk women. it's about all i can remember from that day..

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I will not look into RIR because I have not spoken to the Medinas for years. You may be right, but the band do have a history with the festival

As for Benn, you can either ask him, or it is mentioned here  http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n … ks-6478824

Fair enough.

It may be just ruffled feathers with both Benn and Medina, followed by the public response they are expected to make after the scuffles. I get that promoters need to back their own end. As always, Axl is eventually forgiven for a lot of what he does when there's money to be made by booking Guns.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Looks like we all want the reunion to happen in our own neck of the woods. 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The GN'R camp releasing another Slash rant denying every rumor would be funny.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

A reunited GNR headlining Glastonbury would be massive. Not sure if it'd be on the cards but I've always thought it'd be a good fit should a reunion ever take place.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

A reunited GNR headlining Glastonbury would be massive. Not sure if it'd be on the cards but I've always thought it'd be a good fit should a reunion ever take place.

I have lost Michael Eavis' contact details so I cannot ask. We spoke to him years ago, and he was not keen at the time to have GN'R at Glastonbury. The rightful thing would be to have the Foo Fighters play after last year, and if they play, I cannot see another rock band headlining. If someone tweets Emily, we could check that way possibly.

Board footer