You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

jimmythegent wrote:

wow, 1 week that is absolutely insane...

Anyone notice on that photo compilation we are back to the old classic GN'R font?
Little things like this point in one direction for me.

Starting to think it could well be Axl, Slash and Duff with Fortus and Ferrar with Dizzy and Pitman too?
Not ideal and if Izzy and Steven can drop in from time to time but I'm warming to the idea. I don't Steven has a world tour of the magnitude this could be in him. Would prefer Matt back but I imagine it's a bit of a tradeoff. As far as the non diehard masses are concerned, it'd be a GN'R reunion.

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40

AtariLegend wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

notice on that photo compilation we are back to the old classic GN'R font?

I only noticed the post 2006 + era logo tongue. It definitely looks like Duff is back in regardless and given the past few tours it really shouldn't be surprising.

If Slash let's say doesn't play with Axl on the next tour, I can already see the outrage from fan boards when Izzy makes his once every other tour guest appearance with Duff/Axl on the same stage.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I only see the later logo on that pic too. Other than that one band pic from a few years back at the GNR store, everything else is the old stuff.

I can already see the outrage from fan boards when Izzy makes his once every other tour guest appearance with Duff/Axl on the same stage.

He better be careful with his next move. Start up new GNR again for another rehash tour with a new lineup and nothing else and the backlash is going to be huge. Not just at the forums either. Everywhere. If he has no intention of a reunion he needs to clear the air.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm a bit out the loop but heres my thoughts. Did I dream or does anyone else remember some point recently, before all this reunion hullabaloo, that Richard was talking about how some Slash era material was still kicking around the nu GNR era recordings?
Also what was the rumour about the next GN'R album being simply called "Guns N'Roses", was that from the MSL memory stick period of rumours? I cant remember.
It would be pretty cool if the next release was a mixture of everyone who's played a part in GN'R, its the only way Axl can move on from the CD era and keep some kind of credibility if Slash and co are back on the scene, maybe its the only way he can release the best of CD2 and have maximum impact cause he knows it'll be a damp squib if he ever tries another re-vamped GNR release like CD2 with just the modern line up, the interest just isnt there now, the mystery is gone.
A release with the best of everything from 93 till just simply called Guns N'Roses would be pretty bold, and to me the only way he can keep some kind of credibility to what he's done since 93, maybe even shift a few extra CD sales.
I remember before CD was released folk were saying Paul Huge would be gone, Buckethead would be gone... but Axl kept everybody who ever played on it, he didnt wipe anyone and wanted everyone who made an effort included, fuck even jarmo got a mention.
I really would'nt be suprised if the next move is a release with everybody who's had a significant role in GN'R involved, makes a lot of sense to me at least, I'm no even that drunk.
All the best troops, glad the forums kicking again 5

PS didnt he say he would have been happier with the RIR HOF induction if everyone was involved?

James

James wrote:

The HOF was a mistake. They should have waited a few years before inducting them.  Pretty obvious this was happening at some point so save it for a rainy day. I guess they were more interested in stirring up some shit and getting attention from the controversy.

Yes Fortus mentioned Axl toying around with an old Slash riff or something. Guess all that god knows how much Bucket material wasn't good enough. Or CD II itself as it was technically finished eons ago. The need to go back to that well is interesting. Sorta defeats the whole purpose of it but at this point I'll take it even if Roseanne Barr is on the damn thing.  Now is not the time to be picky.

I remember the self titled stuff but I think everything mentioned regarding that album is null and void at this point. None of this turned out how it was supposed to and a reunion gives him the option of hitting the reset button on everything.  We can still get it of course but it will be nothing like how it was supposed to be 14 years ago.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

3 Slash songs per Fortus.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

3 Slash songs per Fortus.

THREE ?

Ezrin said Axl had "three songs". In 2001 Axl said he could imagine Slash contributing to three CD songs.

I'm not a big fan of coincidences.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes. That is what he said at that little guitar workshop think he was doing where he was filmed.

James

James wrote:

Me thinks its not 95-96 second rate riffs and the two had communication somehow leading to music being sent Axl's way since then.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/richar … its-ready/

James, it doesn't say 3 songs here, but it does discuss it here.

Board footer