You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Coachella Festival profile and rumours

sp1at wrote:

Previous announcement dates for Coachella;

2006 - Jan 31st
2007 - Jan 22nd
2008 - Jan 22nd
2009 - Jan 30th
2010 - Jan 19th
2011 - Jan 19th
2012 - Jan 9th
2013 - Jan 21st
2014 - Jan 8th
2015 - Jan 6th

The announcements have been earlier recently, but seven out of the last ten have happened in the second half of January

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Looking more at the Pearl Jam/Bonaroo leak. Consequence of Sound have found this out through a source linked to the band rather than the festival. One would presume, therefore, if PJ were playing Coachella, this would have been revealed as well. Logically, therefore, we can rule PJ out

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

I have had confirmation Pearl Jam are not playing Coachella

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It's looking more and more likely this thing. Every box keep getting checked.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Are Coachella tickets $375 bucks??  https://www.coachella.com/how-to-purchase/  ??  Haha, if so, I'll unapologetically pass.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It's looking more and more likely this thing. Every box keep getting checked.

I think so. It's just a case of letting nature takes it's course now and see what happens then we'll take it from there.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Crazy as it sounds, it's possible Scott's death delayed an announcement.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Are Coachella tickets $375 bucks??  https://www.coachella.com/how-to-purchase/  ??  Haha, if so, I'll unapologetically pass.

Just wait for a standalone show.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Has a band ever headlined Bonnaroo and Coachella in the same year? I have not checked

I don't think so but there's a first time for everything.

I have had confirmation Pearl Jam are not playing Coachella

I guess 2016 wont get to be that first time. 16

Crazy as it sounds, it's possible Scott's death delayed an announcement.

I doubt any outside events would play a role in any delays. Possible I suppose but where do you draw a line in the sand?

Are Coachella tickets $375 bucks??

They'll be double or triple that once the scalper sites get their hands on them. Coachella has turned into THE hipster shindig here and gets worse each year. I'll always regret not going in 2007 when MIA opened the event almost causing a stampede since that tent she performed in could only hold a handful of people and tens of thousands rushed it when she hit the stage. Also regret not going couple years later when she headlined it since she was testing out how she would work as a legitimate headliner and it was bizarre. I didn't go because.....

Just wait for a standalone show.

She was performing at multiple venues here so was no point in making the journey to a festival that has tons of acts I care nothing about. I'd love to see a reunited GNR there but why bother if there's going to be an actual tour?

Its going to suck IF they are announced for Coachella but don't release any other tour info. This will force many people to go since it might be their only chance.

It may be that GN'R are doing something, but we are looking at the wrong festival.

Absolutely.

People need to start watching for any Lollapalooza news but its way too soon for info to trickle out on Lolla. Soundgarden and Lady GaGa were 2010. GNR and Adele for 2016? 18

Buzz did mention Adele playing at the United Center in Chicago so in reality that pretty much knocks her out of Lolla contention.

While its not on the GNR communities map......this festival cannot be ruled out but I'd place Lolla a notch ahead of it as possibilities...

http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/

3 day festival in August with its lineups announced in March-April

Rock acts like Pearl Jam, Metallica, RHCP,  Tom Petty, Beck, Dave Matthews, Foo Fighters,  Muse,etc. have headlined. Also have older iconic acts like McCartney, Elton John, Neil Young,  Steve Winwood, Stevie Wonder, Tom Jones,etc.

This festival has had acts play multiple times so no one can be ruled out as possibilities in any time frame.

This is held at Golden Gate Park with massive crowds and I have a feeling if GNR did this(and its the first show) attendance records would be broken and we'd likely see crowds crash the gate. Its happened before but would be on a much larger scale.

-----

One CA festival I know can be ruled out completely is Treasure Island. I've been to it and the vibe for a band such as GNR just isn't there. Too many independent, electronica,etc. acts and even IF an exception was made for a mainstream rock act, GNR wouldn't play it just based on the stage alone. Not big enough and the sound there isn't very good. The traffic going into the island is horrific as well. The bus system gets jammed up.  Would be a million times worse with a band like GNR.

Another that can be easily ruled out here is Hardly Strictly Bluegrass and NOT just because on the surface it is only bluegrass. They have been including other acts on their lineup(Buckethead performed there in 2011, so did Robert Plant) but even though it draws in like half a million people, they want it low key and no corporate sponsoring and if you let GNR headline, that's the exact opposite of low key.

Honestly I think the only reason this festival pulls in massive crowds is because its the only major festival that is free.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck festivals. Those things are a major shit show only good for watching idiots.

Board footer