You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Mysterious Guns N’ Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide

Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Same here. I wanna be at the first show.

Hell yes! Let's book a hotel now!

Once the tickets are announced my friend. We shall raise our glasses to car washes everywhere.

Hell yes Brother!

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

The old school logo on the gunsnroses.com website says it all.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Unless contracts have already been signed? Pre-contract agreement maybe? Certainly it seems like a needlessly expensive departure if they don't have anything concrete behind it, or have some weighty compensation package if Axl gets up on the wrong side of the bed & decides this isn't his thing anymore & goes off to phone Finck & Chris Vrenna bring them along instead..

The wheels already have to be in motion. SOMETHING has been signed. This is no longer a game of Chinese checkers. The big boys are playing chess now.

goes off to phone Finck & Chris Vrenna bring them along instead

Ok that was funny. karma worthy.

Don't forget Pitman with the Fat Boys sampled beats!  tongue

The old school logo on the gunsnroses.com website says it all.

Yeah it really does.

I'm hoping for a NYE announcement. When Soundgarden did that it blew my mind but that came out of the blue. We're expecting this one.

I'm with ID on this Coachella talk. If a real tour is being planned and its not just a one off, I'll hit up Frisco instead.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Something about being at the first one makes Coachella intriguing.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Something about being at the first one makes Coachella intriguing.

Oh I agree its intriguing but its a huge event lasting two weekends with about a hundred bands no one really gives a shit about and you'll be up to your neck in hipster shit. 16   I can see why they would do it but I'm hoping there are dates right after it.

I just watched this vid from two years ago with Adler and Duff performing ISE. I assume this is the last time they performed together?

Goddamn I love that song.

Now I'm glad I had went years without listening to old GNR due to burnout in the 90s. Now I'm fresh and ready to get burnt out again. 16   9

James

James wrote:

Slash, Izzy, and Steven doing Brownstone.  Funny how all these years no matter who is playing the songs there is always an ingredient missing. If  not watching it you can hear that its not quite where it needs to be. Just like the HOF. That sounded fantastic but it needed another herb and spice...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I just watched this vid from two years ago with Adler and Duff performing ISE. I assume this is the last time they performed together?

I guess so. Two months later, Adler called off all future tour dates and checked into rehab. He'd started boozing on the interim and, lucky for him, was interventioned toot-suite.

He seems better off now, but that served as yet another reminder on how Adler does things the hard way. He tried to get his Appetite band going with various live configurations since 2003-4, always finding new ways to screw it up. One might say he's a lot like Axl in that respect.

Point being, Adler's still the odd man out. He's still to wholly prove his capability to function as a professional touring musician for extended periods of time. If the reunion happens with him onboard, you can bet there'd be a mountain of temptations in store for him. He'd be a loose cannon, and any management with half a brain would keep someone like Matt or Frank as an understudy so that the show could go on even if Adler would be down for the count.

Adler's recent whinings about how Slash and Duff still have their doubts are telling. He tactfully forgets that his track record for the past decade mainly consists of falling off the wagon and getting back on again. Had he commandeered Adler's Appetite as a minor yet respectable rock band while keeping it together on a personal level, he'd have a point. But the latest blow-out was just a few years ago.

Hopefully, he's good now, but the burden of proof rests solely on him. It's one thing to do a token appearance in RRHOF, and quite another to man the Guns drumstool after 25 years of ups and downs.

James Lofton wrote:

goes off to phone Finck & Chris Vrenna bring them along instead

Ok that was funny. karma worthy.

Don't forget Pitman with the Fat Boys sampled beats!  tongue

It'd be cool to see that as an Axl solo project. 22

James

James wrote:

Yes it would. I'll take it anyway I can get it. Now would be a good time to know how their current deal with the label is.  Either way we slice this thing,  I think we are in for some good releases over the next few years.

I can see why they'd have doubts. This video of Adler is disturbing. I know everyone wants the AFD lineup for obvious reasons but I cant imagine them taking a chance on him. If he's involved, it'll be to show up for a few songs and they'll have someone else in the role of permanent drummer.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Yup, that's Adler.

Devoted fans like to romanticize, but from a business point of view, Axl and Slash (with Duff for good measure) constitutes as a reunion. Anyone (and I mean anyone) else is expendable and/or interchangeable.

James

James wrote:

The Izzy thing is interesting. I definitely want him involved but even if its Fortus, 90% of the crowd will probably think its Izzy. Only hardcores and people interested enough to dig for info online would know. Just like KISS. They roll out two guys wearing Peter and Ace's makeup and the crowd thinks its still the reunion. Only KISS nerds know the details. I guess in GNR's case it would depend on how many old timers are in the crowd vs all the casuals.  It would also depend on how the media responds to whatever lineup we get. Will they focus on one or two OGs missing or just help push a hybrid situation as the reunion?

If Fortus would just stand there looking cool and stop jumping around I might even think he's Izzy. 14

Having said that, he gets a great crowd pop here...and that's not just people like us cheering him.

Board footer