You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

bigbri wrote:

The best new rock/metal band around is Ghost. But they are on their own tour next year.

Still, they'd be great and bring their own buzz.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I was thinking Avenged Sevenfold since they are huge GNR fans and they can do stadium gigs. Also Slash has played with them before and M. Shadows has said some nice things about both camps especially with the direction Axl was going in.

Avenged Sevenfold has a pretty hardcore and large fan base themselves. They could be a good choice. I don't think a reunited Skid Row would make that much of a difference attendance wise. Maybe if they go with two openers, and that's probably a good possibility. Then Axl doesn't have to go on until after 10.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

faldor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I was thinking Avenged Sevenfold since they are huge GNR fans and they can do stadium gigs. Also Slash has played with them before and M. Shadows has said some nice things about both camps especially with the direction Axl was going in.

Avenged Sevenfold has a pretty hardcore and large fan base themselves. They could be a good choice. I don't think a reunited Skid Row would make that much of a difference attendance wise. Maybe if they go with two openers, and that's probably a good possibility. Then Axl doesn't have to go on until after 10.

Very true. Gotta keep that Axl time in check. 16

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

From the official Skid Row website...
http://www.skidrow.com/59-to-the-skid-row-faithful
To the SKID ROW faithful,

As you may know, Tony Harnell quit the band yesterday. We found out about his decision the same way all of you did, via his post on social media. He had posted that he was no longer in the band before informing the band personally.

The last we spoke with Tony was on Dec 17th. He was in the hospital being treated for "bronchitis with asthmatic symptoms". We were all very concerned and offered any assistance we could to help him get healthy. Due to his condition we were forced to cancel our show in Chicago on Dec. 19th. The next time we heard anything was his post yesterday.

That being said, we are all moving forward and wish Tony the best in his future endeavors.

Lastly, amidst all of the rumors and speculation, there has been no talk of a reunion nor are we opening for Guns N Roses.

That’s it for now. We’ll keep you updated as best we can.

Thanks for your support and understanding. See you in 2016!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jane's Addiction .

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Alice in Chains has been a solid but not megastar headliner over the past 7 years or so. Think they would be a good and willing opener.

Plus Duff is tight with the Seattleheads.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Foo fighters for easy number increases.

Sound Garden so Lofton will have orgasm overload.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
johndivney wrote:

They need to bring Tommy and/or BH in some of the undercard slots, obv not sharing tho, those two.. Get them back onstage w/guns for a song or two.. They all know Appetite stuff anyway..
Will never happen tho.

I think there's a less than zero chance of anything CD related ever happening again. Even if the followup to CD or some of it sees the light of day I think it's going to be like it had never happened. For shits and giggles lets say it does come out and Bucket, Finck,etc. are on some songs,  it wont even be mentioned by anyone but us nerds. It'll be marketed as a reunion album regardless of how many songs anyone is featured on.

Thanks for posting that Skid Row info Teddy. Now we can rule them out. I'm glad it's going to be someone else. It does show that the SK reunion will never happen though. If they wont reunite in an attempt to get that opening slot, they never will.

Didn't Bach leave Skid Row after an argument where he booked them to open for Kiss and the other members felt they were above it?

I don't remember the exact reason but it was ugly. In reality they shouldn't have even got back together to do Subhuman Race. I think it was already going to shit while recording that. I do remember they reformed without Bach using a different name but nobody cared. Then they went back to using the Skid Row name but nobody cared then either. 16

Bri I'll check out Ghost on youtube. I don't think I've heard them. I've heard some Avenged Sevenfold....not really my cup of tea. Alter Bridge either but I'll listen to some more of them. Jane's Addiction wouldn't be my first choice either but I wouldn't mind seeing them.

SG....Soundgarden is going to record their next album so they are off the table....at least for 2016. In 2017 it would certainly be a possibility.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Foo fighters for easy number increases.

Sound Garden so Lofton will have orgasm overload.

Both of those sound great. Foo Fighters have some of the best live shows. I saw them and they played for almost 3 hours. Also FlashFlood bringing up Alice in Chains would be amazing as well. Another band I've been dying to see perform besides GNR.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Does the opening act have to be a modern rock group?  I was thinking about Alice Cooper as an opener but then he's in the same "nostalgia" vein as GNR.  On the other hand, he's still a great vocalist unlike others (cough...Vince Neil).

Board footer