You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Billboard confirm Coachella and possible US tour

James wrote:
faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm really fascinated as to what the ticket sales are going to be like. Is there any comparisons of major rock acts playing the same number stadiums in the US in the modern era that we can compare this to? Did they sell out every stadium?

What are the expectations here for sales?

I think it's a bit ambitious. I still hear plenty of people complain about Axl and saying they wouldn't pay anything to see him, never mind 2 bills. Others say they'd only see it if it's a true reunion. People are still wary of the late start times, the possibilities of canceled shows. So I'm not sure this will sell as great as some think. Then again, it's a pretty big deal. People love reunions and this is one of the biggest in recent history, dare I say "ever". So maybe those complainers are in the minority and this thing will be a smashing success. Maybe they won't sell out a majority of the shows, but I think they'll make more than enough money for it to be considered a success. At least I hope. A full scale promotion blitz would certainly help and it appears we may actually get that.

I think they can handle a 25 date stadium tour. As long as they are only doing those shows without adding arena/club/theater dates. Also routing the tour properly would do wonders. This is also why adding a major act as the opener could help.

No matter what, it sells out  even if they have to put the nosebleeds on a $20 groupon.

That picture isn't as bad as I was expecting. 18  Also take into account that isn't a professional pic and he wont look like that onstage. As long as he can sing and release albums he can wear a tutu for all I care. 13

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I was just thinking about a DVD, and it hit me this could a great moment for that long overdue Documentary...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I was just thinking about a DVD, and it hit me this could a great moment for that long overdue Documentary...

Absolutely. When the reunion hoopla first started I thought about the opening of the vault before even thinking of any shows. That Perfect Crime documentary is HIGH on my list. It deserved to come out back then. Did they ever say how far along they were on that project?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

April will be here quick. I will be so pissed if Coachella happens then they implode and I didn't go.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Wtf has this guy been consuming for a year and a half?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/new-ph … ed-online/

Not that I personally care what the guy looks like but they will get hammered by the casuals if he looks like this and sounds like shit.

Wow, he looks even worse than the last time we saw him. Sad. Hopefully he can get himself into better shape for the shows.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

Absolutely. When the reunion hoopla first started I thought about the opening of the vault before even thinking of any shows. That Perfect Crime documentary is HIGH on my list. It deserved to come out back then. Did they ever say how far along they were on that project?

I'm pretty sure it was pretty far into it. They need to have a documentary along the lines of Cameron Crowes awesome Perarl Jam documentary and the equally awesome Tom Petty doc by Peter Bogdanovich, that's the level it should be at.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Pearl Jam 20 was great!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

take into account that isn't a professional pic and he wont look like that onstage.

8fff39b071b39bcc1cc7633cb4844d5e.jpg
CXeDmuOWkAATb73.jpg
He looks more content now than in an unprofessional pic from recent boozing days, but also heavier.

James Lofton wrote:

As long as he can sing and release albums

I fear a Rio 11 Redux. Let's hope he lets his Mickey Mouse club membership relapse.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, Axl... come on man!!

Board footer