You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Axl Rose To Talk "Guns N Roses" on Jmmy Kimmel Live(Not Happening)

Smoking Guns wrote:

Before someone asks, yes, if teddy zig zag Andreadus wants back in I would take him but Axl gave that spot to Pittman. Call up Traci and Roberts.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

ID's beliefs have changed many many times over the past few months. And he dismissed the reunion for a long time. But now he is on board. I think he is a lil sad it was Slash over Finck

Dude, the main thing was that you constantly went on about an original 5 reunion, that's what I said wouldn't happen. When DJ left I hoped Robin would be brought back, but I also said Slash was possible, but I really thought that was a long shot. Apparently Slash has wanted to rejoin for a long time. I was way wrong with the possibilities here. This moved pretty fluidly. I don't have sources, I only went on the little tidbits anyone could have picked up from people who knew. But I did hear from someone recently who knows his shit tell me some things.  I'm pretty comfortable with what the band looks like, what's up, and I'm pretty confident about the album.

SG, I don't think Axl would turn down a bad ass riff or baseline from Slash or Duff, but Axl has stuff he liked from DJ also that he didn't jump on right away.

Richard will be featured heavily on the next album. He fleshed out Better into the song it became with little credit.

Anything can change, of course. But if what I heard is right it's going to be very cool. I'm very happy.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

ID's beliefs have changed many many times over the past few months. And he dismissed the reunion for a long time. But now he is on board. I think he is a lil sad it was Slash over Finck

Dude, the main thing was that you constantly went on about an original 5 reunion, that's what I said wouldn't happen. When DJ left I hoped Robin would be brought back, but I also said Slash was possible, but I really thought that was a long shot. Apparently Slash has wanted to rejoin for a long time. I was way wrong with the possibilities here. This moved pretty fluidly. I don't have sources, I only went on the little tidbits anyone could have picked up from people who knew. But I did hear from someone someone recently who knows his shit tell me some things.  I'm pretty comfortable with what the band looks like, what's up, and I'm pretty confident about the album.

No SG, I don't think Axl would turn down a bad ass riff or baseline from Slash or Duff, but Axl has stuff he liked from DJ also that he didn't jump on right away.

Richard will be featured heavily on the next album. He fleshed out Better into the song it became with little credit.

Anything can change, of course. But if what I heard is right it's going to be very cool. I'm very happy.

I hope you know I am not being a dick and just having a good time.

Yes, I was told the original 5.. It maybe 2 bands at once where they do some "reunion" shows and some hybrid shows...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I know you're not being a dick, but you're hanging on tighter to that original 5 line up almost as much as I hang on to that 02 line up. I hate to see anyone disappointed when this is a really cool moment. smile

And I'm getting the feeling Slash has already recorded some stuff for CD II.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Nik wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm glad he's going to be involved in the promotion. Its a sign he's into it and might want another ride at the top of the mountain.

LOL... it's obvious that he's involved in the promotion: he owns GNR

He owned the name in 2008 as well. Look how he handled the promotional aspects of that. 16

We've yet to see him but you can tell he's actually more involved with this and enjoying it.

Good to see you again Nik.  5

Uh huh. This is by far the biggest singular shot we've had for a follow-up album since the Azoff era. Had Axl played ball with him, CD2 would've happened in 2009-10, despite the commercial reception of the first one. Azoff would've been shrewd enough to cut the deal, only it would've meant his terms and a reunion by RRHOF. That old man is out there somewhere, grinding his teeth over these recent developments. He missed out.

I would love to know the exact reunion plans that Azoff had cooked up.

Well if they put Slash and Duff on some existing songs it would for sure make sense to have the title of a new album to be "Guns N' Roses"  wouldn't it ?

Yep. A self titled album is certainly the way to go with this.

I wish the Eagles hadn't already used 'Hell Freezes Over'.

I strongly hope that slash and duff will not touch any single note of material they are not involved with.... I think they must play the old stuff and maybe some old songs never surfaced, or write somethnig from scratch.

I always wanted to hear it how it was intended. I'd like to hear the 2001 version of CD just as much as I'd like to hear CD II. However, he's had 14 years to get those albums out. If bringing Slash and Duff into the mix speeds things up, I'm fine with it.

Would you rather hear it with Slash and Duff or never get to hear it at all?

I feel is comparable to this scenario is the Van Halen reunion a few years back. I remember thinking - that seems to be a pure cash grab tour. Any thoughts on the parallels and non-parallels here?

Massive comeback tour and a new album, although it took years for them to do an album. I thought it was interesting how instead of creating brand new material they went into the vault and just redid a bunch of old demos.

Might explain the quality or lack thereof. 16

I don't get the Gilby love either, the guy didn't play on AFD, Lies or UYI.

He was on one of the biggest tours of all time. He was on old GNR's last album. His solo album in 94 had a single that got a bit of attention. He was on that damn reality talent show or whatever back in 2006. He's linked to Axl's reemergence in 2000.  People know who he is although I agree that its not a dealbreaker if he isn't involved.

Kinda like Page/Plant wasn't a Led Zeppelin reunion, just Page/Plant.

Yeah and if they hadn't intentionally kept that a bit low key they could have marketed that as a reunion had they wanted to.

Richard will be featured heavily on the next album.

Be careful going down that road. 16 We heard the same thing for years about CD and the premium members of the Fortus fan club slit their wrists when that came out.

And I'm getting the feeling Slash has already recorded some stuff for CD II.

If this is the case then we'll definitely be getting it this year. No sense in getting him involved to that degree if he wanted to sit on it. Plus the label is going to be dying to get a GNR product in stores.

Nik
 Rep: 6 

Nik wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Good to see you again Nik.  5

Thanks, man. Long "hiatus" for me, from non-italian forums. 5

James Lofton wrote:

Would you rather hear it with Slash and Duff or never get to hear it at all?

I know it could be weird to say, but maybe I prefer not to hear it, if that's the case... I want to hear that stuff as it was intended: different, with different approach.
I think that slash and duff are not the right guys for some of the "new" songs.
Moreover, we know that there were some stuff left from '90s that I'm sure all fans would like to hear... let's slash and duff play that material, if they are rejoining the band.

This is only my personal feeling, btw.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

Quick question about the time of the show:
It's at 23:35 New York time?
Thanks!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
supaplex wrote:

Thanks!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/ge … font=serif

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Gibbo wrote:
supaplex wrote:

Thanks!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/ge … font=serif

That's nice 16
I was trying to figure out the timezone so i know at what time i have to get up and find a stream big_smile but that works too 3

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Well it is officially on the Jimmy Kimmel website

Board footer