You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Official Statement coming from Guns camp tonight.

polluxlm wrote:

Despite everything I'm still dying to hear this material. Any material with Axl really. For me it has been the single most important factor in following the band through all the wasted years. My biggest hope for this reunion is that money and praise will flow so much that Axl will start to feel ready to release stuff again. I consider him a musical genius and it is such a shame to not see the fruits of that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

What has confused people a lot has been the existence of the B-List.
That has been all about loops, sketches and ideas since Moby's visit in '97.
Axl even went to confirm an all-around number of songs (70!!) to Kurt Loder.

The sketchy nature of the B-List is what contributed to the Vault as a library of Axlandria.

Yeah the b list is a rabbit hole. 16

Tommy even addressed the b list in the comments Julita posted above...

"a bunch" of GNR material written and still waiting to be recorded -- "some of it worthy of finishing, some of it probably not"

For me it has been the single most important factor in following the band through all the wasted years.

Same here. I'd like to hear all the tracks that have vocals and any instrumentals that were finished but he never got around to laying down vocals. Anything less than that isn't a song IMO and I have no interest in it.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

We went knee-deep into what CD2 was supposed to be here.

The stuff Tommy considered non-consequential may be more EDM-tinged.

Like this. 10

In the Dexter chats, Axl said the song now has "a lot of guitars, lots of different drum the chorus is gone."

A world of difference. Hopefully, evader can put his remix back up for comparison.

AtariLegend wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Like this. 10

In the Dexter chats, Axl said the song now has "a lot of guitars, lots of different drum the chorus is gone."

A world of difference. Hopefully, evader can put his remix back up for comparison.

Don't forget the quotes from people that claimed to hear the demo before that.

Strangely mostly instrumental? Is that how classic Rock or Mick Wall claimed it sounded?

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Here Todd new Blog he talks about it a bit how it was in the works

The Worst Kept Secret In Rock N Roll
Posted on January 6, 2016 11:32 am by admin 1 Comment
January 5th 2015
Las Vegas, Nevada

By now you will have been privy to news that is hardly unexpected yet wholly exciting nonetheless. God knows it never seemed to be that carefully kept a secret.

For a long time now we Conspirators have been personally made aware that the regrouping of one of the most important brotherhoods in music history was underway. That thing that everyone had wished for but never thought possible was quietly (and not so quietly) cooking under our very noses. To be in this close of proximity to a history of Rock N Roll moment occurring has been nothing short of incredible.

With Myles returning to a new chapter of Alter Bridge the door has opened for any number of circumstances and the semi-reunion of Guns N Roses is one of the most exciting byproducts thereof.

I, for one, never got to see Guns N Roses in any form. Not with Steven, not with Izzy, not with Matt, not with Gilby and not with all the others that followed into the 21st century. I have always been a working musician. I have been constantly touring since my teens. I missed almost every great concert that came my way because I was on stage myself. Couple that with the fact that I grew up in a small town of 1500 people and you’ll understand how I never got to see much as a kid either.
http://www.toddkerns.com/blog/?p=560

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Like this. 10

https://soundcloud.com/matias-millalonc … fragmentos

Go to 1:06 for Oh My God, and 2:28 for silkworks. Only clips. Came out a while back.

AtariLegend wrote:

Also contains a quote from Ashba saying that one of the tracks isn't real and he never recorded a studio version of it. Be weary of some of those recordings that were randomly grouped together, MSL has tried to pass of fan made remixes as the real thing before.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I still think the vault is a bluff, and that really only a GN'R version of "Echo of Miles" remains (at best).

Performing This I Love or Better live might be a concession Slash or Duff would make for Axl's ego, but I don't see Slash (AT ALL) going back through the Chinese sessions and doing re-records or adding guitars or any fucking thing.

If anything the next album could be Axl holding back on what he's got left (the good stuff), and mixing HIS stuff with new Slash & Duff stuff, so the next album ends up being a cross between a sequel to both UYI & CD.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Like this. 10

you mean this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjL7YEB0TNA

Board footer