You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Something is up with Pitman

apex-twin wrote:
billboard.com wrote:

A Guns N' Roses reunion for the event had previously been confirmed to Billboard via multiple sources, marking the first show for the band with co-founders Axl Rose and Slash since 1993. The legendary rock band will perform Saturday night.

Axl wrote:

The only thing I know "confirmed" is my LOVE of Taco Bell!

Pitman wrote:

I was just informed by mgmt to not acknowledge anything about coachella, gnr, etc. So there, denied!

Axl gives insight to his diet, there. Aside that, Guns are set to play in Coachella.
This is the sole information given on both Guns' and Coachella's websites.
Both utilize the Illusion-era logo. Refers to Axl and Dizzy. If Dizzy's still in.

Of course, Slash and Duff promote the same gig in the social media.
Has either yet gone out and explicitly said, 'Happy to be in Guns again'?
Both have stonewalled, yet implied to the point of parody that they're back.

Now, it's build-your-own-rumour time. Axl can stay home and cause trouble afar.
All the deals every which way may have been drawn out by now and NDAs effective.
Axl would totally love that situation, to have benefit of control and self-imposed exile.

Laughing at the world as it calls him back.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

My theory is there will be two bands... The "touring band" and the Coachella lineup.  Since Coachella is such a HUGE event and close to LA, this is where you will get the AFD 5 and some UYI lineups to make everyone happy... Then, when the stadium tour starts, you get the Franks, Richards, Pittman's plus Slash, Duff, Axl etc...

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

It may make sense.

It was flippantly mentioned in passing that promoters in Europe were working with personnel for six members of GN'R.

It could also infer that one or more members are being paid outside of any contracts drawn up

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My theory is there will be two bands... The "touring band" and the Coachella lineup.  Since Coachella is such a HUGE event and close to LA, this is where you will get the AFD 5 and some UYI lineups to make everyone happy... Then, when the stadium tour starts, you get the Franks, Richards, Pittman's plus Slash, Duff, Axl etc...

That's an interesting theory. Why not? It would make sense, especially if they want Adler to be part of some shows. I don't see the guy going on a tour.... Nobody wants a Weiland situation.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My theory is there will be two bands... The "touring band" and the Coachella lineup.

I buy that, altered.

Day 1: Hybrid.
Day 2: AFD 5.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My theory is there will be two bands... The "touring band" and the Coachella lineup.

I buy that, altered.

You bastard, hahaha... I see what you did there.. You are saying Day 1 Hybrid because that is the day I am going... lol.  And then I miss the AFD 5 because I picked the wrong damn weekend.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I buy that, altered.

You bastard, hahaha... I see what you did there.. You are saying Day 1 Hybrid because that is the day I am going... lol.  And then I miss the AFD 5 because I picked the wrong damn weekend.

This seems like a possible scenario. Axl reads the forums. Maybe he will decide to troll the fuck out of you. axl

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:
That Salon.com press release wrote:

In fact, it would be out of character for GNR to repeat themselves.

This first show will be a big draw, either way.
How to hype the second show as much?

Make it bigger.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

This is weird. He appears to be fairly good friends with Axl (they seem to hang out frequently) and he put together the teaser that aired before Star Wars, so he seemed like a lock tbh.

Again, it would be great if they would just do a press release explaining who is and isn't in the band now. All this cloak and dagger bullshit, silencing of people involved with the project (in the band or not, he's been in the studio with Axl working on mixes and did the promo so he's involved in some capacity) plus last minute talk show cancellations are all terrible warning signs for this whole thing going up in smoke as per usual.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
That Salon.com press release wrote:

In fact, it would be out of character for GNR to repeat themselves.

This first show will be a big draw, either way.
How to hype the second show as much?

Make it bigger.

Do you really want the first time we see Axl and Slash to be with the nu guns or with a dash of history by doing the AFD/UYI eras.... ?

Board footer