You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Re: Steven Tyler says that he has been working on the return of GN'R

AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler says that he has been working on the return of GUNS N' ROSES for years and has predicted that the reunion of Slash, Axl Rose and Duff McKagan will be "huge."

GUNS N' ROSES will play two shows before its mid-April appearance at the Coachella Music And Arts Festival in California, with the band now scheduled to perform at the new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on April 8 and April 9, just days after the venue opens for business on April 6.

GUNS N' ROSES' headlining slots on April 16 and April 23 at the Coachella event in Indio, California were confirmed earlier this month after widespread speculation that the band would appear at the festival.

The band's lineup will feature Rose, Slash and McKagan performing together for the first time since 1994, although the rest of the group roster has yet to be confirmed.

Speaking to Getty Images while preparing to board a flight at the Los Angeles International Airport, Tyler said about GUNS N' ROSES' comeback: "I've been working on it for years." He explained that he "just told [Slash] that the world needs more rock and roll and [there is] enough of people arguing, especially when they're as talented and as great. Everybody loves their songs. That's what rock and roll is about."

Asked how big be thinks the GUNS N' ROSES reunion will be, Tyler responded: "Huge. There are no words." But he cautioned: "Just don't forget this: it don't happen 'till it happens."

Pressed on why he thinks Slash and Rose finally decided to reunite after more than twenty years, Tyler said: "'Cause obviously there was a row, and they finally made up. What do you think?"

GN'R is reportedly negotiating with promoters to play as many as 25 stadiums in North America this summer. The band is said to be asking as much as $3 million per show, with tickets topping out in the $250 to $275 range.

In an interview with Guitar World, AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry said about the classic lineup of GUNS N' ROSES: "[They] were great and really made a mark in rock and roll history. It's a shame that whatever energy they saw in each other on that first record they couldn't sustain. They made a great record and could have been huge all around the world for as long as they wanted."

He added in a separate chat with USA Today: "It would be great for the original [GUNS N' ROSES] to get back together, but it takes more than great songs to keep a band going. Slash has done an amazing job on his own."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/aerosm … IFwScTQ.99

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Geez...everyone is claiming to be responsible

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

He doesn't actually take much credit, but he is surely taking advantage of the publicity. A bit cheap coming from a legend like him.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

polluxlm wrote:

He doesn't actually take much credit, but he is surely taking advantage of the publicity. A bit cheap coming from a legend like him.

Well he is trying to launch his solo country music career...

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Give me a break. roll

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah this is getting ridiculous. Pretty soon my grandma is gonna call and take credit for it.

Its just people wanting the publicity. I would not be surprised if a Kardashian mentions this reunion at some point.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wasn't this the same Steven Tyler that was on the CMA's not long ago, claiming "country was the new rock"?

If Luke Bryant & Zac Brown Band (sorry Chris Cornell) are the new rock, then rock is fucking dead. D-E-A-D -- DEAD. Shoot it in the fucking head, because I don't want it. Carrie Underwood wanting her Bucket List duet to be Axl Rose -- that's fine too. As long as it's a ROCK SONG. A GN'R song. Axl & Carrie on some Jon Bon Jovi/Jennifer Nettles bullshit, "There's Nothing Like Home" or whatever that gay ass song was... ugh... no thanks.

The only people keeping rock alive in country are the Jamey Johnson's & Shooter Jennings' types, hell even Bocephus/Merle/Willie, that are doing the outlaw thing, and have been completely ostracized by the business.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Rock is dead, dude. Hiphop isnt far behind, IMO. Pop music is really the only relevant main stream music, and female pop stars to be more specific. The cabinet is pretty bare on Rock right now. Only the established acts are interesting, to me, anyway.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think the next Axl/Cobain figure in rock will be female also.

I think the deadness of modern rock gives Axl a huge opportunity with Slash back in the band.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I completely agree on the GN'R thing. I think they really have a second-wind here and are striking while the iron is hot again. This is a bit of a dark period again for rock, when anything could happen. Like Eddie Trunk said, this could be a real shot in the arm for rock, if done right.

As for the next Axl/Kurt-figure being female -- I don't think so. I think that anything that's done will be downplayed, and had even Janis Joplin been alive today, she would've had to conform to pop status to sell records. Look at Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane. One of the great female rock vocalists, and 20 years later she was doing Cher songs, like "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" in Starship, in order to sell records and have a career.

I think we're back to that stage. Whatever edge Lzzy Hale had is gone and has peaked, and the same could be said for Taylor Momsen. It's peaked. Any female rocker that comes along has to play that pop game in order to sell, and to do that, would immediately strip her rock cred.

I'm not making this up... had Lady GaGa not did all her bullshit antics, had her image, and not did the pop star Madonna thing, with her multi-talent and vocals and natural ability at being a stage performer, plus the "initial" songs she had (not the later ones)... she might've been the best one in recent memory that could've gotten a real push as a rock star, that would've been rock back on the map on some level.

But the package didn't match the talent. Like I said above, she was packaged as a pop star and sold as such.

I'm so disillusioned by all of it, i'm just loyal to the bands I grew up with at this point, like GN'R, Metallica, Soundgarden, AIC, FNM, Pearl Jam, Whitesnake, etc. Everybody always hands me some metal album and talks about how much it changes everything, and frankly Metal is dead too. It all sounds the same. Everybody is trying to be Dream Theater meets Megadeth over and over and over and fucking over, and it's like... bleh.

Board footer