You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Show New Posts Function

monkeychow wrote:

Hey,

Just wondering...there used to be a function "show all posts since last visit" which you could click and it would show posts since your last login.

I found this very useful but can't seem to see it since my return....am I getting more forgetful and just not seeing it or is it gone?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It's gone since the last update, maybe for some tech reason I don't understand. tongue

When Will sees this he might be able to give a better answer.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

New posts since last visit are indicated by a red star next to the corresponding topic. No?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yes, that is correct.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I hate how you log-in, walk away, it logs you out, then you come back and everything is marked as read. 17

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I've added the "Show New Posts Since Last Visit" link near the bottom of the forum homepage. The page suffers from the issue Axlin16 pointed out above, but the only way to resolve that is to track exactly which posts every member of the forum has or has not read.

AtariLegend wrote:

Thanks Will for the updates. I really do think it's improved over time, is their any chance of one last thing though?

Really would be helpful if you could read the date a post was made instead of just "456 weeks ago". It really would help with my ability to antagonize Lofton tongue.

AtariLegend wrote:

I have a question. The forum resets around 10:PM GMT, but it's strange. It's not CEST time, so the reset time is 00:00 Eastern European time?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think there's a minor glitch on that as well. I think the reset happens at different times.

The 'show new posts' glitch is a bummer. Hopefully we get that taken care of. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does....ugh.  I know how frustrating it is to log in, see new posts in various sections, get up to get a soda, cigarette, whatever, refresh the page, and it marks the sections as read. It causes people to miss out on all the posts as you have to go to each thread and backtrack.

If someone has replied to one of my posts recently and I ignored it, it wasn't intentional. Just means I didn't go far back enough in the thread to see the post.

Board footer