You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

Re: Riad

DtM51 wrote:

Got bored and made a remix of Riad on Audacity. Got rid of all the Ahs in the song and some other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/user887924282/riad-mix-3

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Interesting. I love Riad(the demo) but always considered the "ahhh...ahh....ahhh's" to be placeholders that he never went back to. Song always felt incomplete to me even though I do think its one of the strongest tracks so far from the CD sessions.

Bucket owns this song. It was a travesty removing his solo from the album.

DtM51

DtM51 wrote:

Ya Buckets solo was a ton better. This is a song that i would like to hear done again with Slash and Duff. Maybe slow the tempo down so Axl has more time to breath. When you listen to the acapella and look at the waves on audacity you can tell how much he cut and paste the vocals.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting mix. Certainly rocks the song up a bit and moves it into traditional rock and away from the EDM-type stuff.

I personally still feel it's the weakest track on Chinese, and frankly hasn't aged well. Axl is STILL the weakest link on the track imo. Oh My God & Silkworms both are FAR superior songs imo.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

I always thought the Ahhs were some of the best parts of the song lol

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Axl is STILL the weakest link on the track imo.

Wow I feel really differently about that. It's the vocals that I like about the track. When I try to sing along I notice there's actually some bad ass highs and powerfully delivered lines amongst it all. It's quite hard to sing I think.

I guess i'm not the fondest of the industrial mixing and all the different instrumental sounds on this - but the vocal take really nails it to me.

I would love to hear this type of vocal on a more traditional rock song.

For example a song like VR's "Big Machine" that is fine musically but a little bland vocally, to me take something like Riad with great vocals but too progressive for me synth wise and write it over Big Machine's bass and gutar and it would be great!

DtM51

DtM51 wrote:

I tried to remove as many of the sound effects as I could and get it as basic 5 instrument song I could. I agree the vocals are what made me listen to this song over and over, the chorus just sounds...emotional?

When I looked up the lyrics I thought that Riad n The Bedouins was, Slash, Duff, and Matt. It really makes sense when you compare the lyrics to things Axl has said about them. It kind of goes along with the journey of the whole album.

Lomax wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Interesting. I love Riad(the demo) but always considered the "ahhh...ahh....ahhh's" to be placeholders that he never went back to. Song always felt incomplete to me even though I do think its one of the strongest tracks so far from the CD sessions.

Bucket owns this song. It was a travesty removing his solo from the album.

True those Ahhs could have been swapped out for a nice high pitched guitar riff.

lance

lance wrote:
DtM51 wrote:

I tried to remove as many of the sound effects as I could and get it as basic 5 instrument song I could. I agree the vocals are what made me listen to this song over and over, the chorus just sounds...emotional?

When I looked up the lyrics I thought that Riad n The Bedouins was, Slash, Duff, and Matt. It really makes sense when you compare the lyrics to things Axl has said about them. It kind of goes along with the journey of the whole album.

Good Job man.  I really enjoyed alot more the CD version.

DtM51

DtM51 wrote:

Thanks man, I have a few others I could send if you want. All of the same song. Hopefully we get a version with Slash and Duff, that would kick ass

Board footer