You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Re: DAVE MUSTAINE: 'It Would Be Terrific' If STEVEN ADLER And IZZY STRADLI

On the January 24 edition of "The Strombo Show", host George Stroumboulopoulos welcomed MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine for a little conversation to celebrate the release of the band's fifteenth album, "Dystopia".

Asked for his thoughts on the GUNS N' ROSES reunion, Mustaine said: "I don't know that that's going to happen. I certainly hope that it will, but, you know, in order for it to truly be a GUNS N' ROSES reunion, you've gotta ask yourself, 'Who's is gonna be there?' I think that it would be terrific if [drummer] Steven [Adler] and [guitarist] Izzy [Stradlin] was there too, because that would be really, really nostalgic. There's nothing really keeping them from doing it other than personal differences. And I understand — trust me, I just went through that with the [attempted reunion of the] 'Rust In Peace' [lineup] — so sometimes it's not meant to happen. But if it is, that would be so cool."

Mustaine went on to bring up GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose's notorious stage tardiness, saying: "I love GUNS N' ROSES. I think Axl's a great frontman. I just hope that this thing that happened on 'Jimmy Kimmel' the other day [when Axl canceled his appearance on the show] isn't an indication of anything that is going to happen with the tour. I don't know that there's people nowadays that are gonna be hanging out for three, four hours waiting for somebody to show up."

He added: "If I'm having a good time, I wouldn't mind hanging out for an extra amount of time, if there was something going on. Or, like, say, homie's plane is stuck in traffic and it's hard for them to land the plane right now, so he's gonna be a couple of hours late to the concert versus the guy just doesn't wanna come out right now. Which I don't know what the real reasoning is behind anything or why anybody does anything but myself. And even me, fuck, I don't know the reason I do half the stupid stuff I do."

You can listen to Mustaine's entire appearance on "The Strombo Show" at CBC.ca (beginning at around the two-hour-23-minute mark).

Axl, guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan, along with a lineup that may or may not include original or recent members of GUNS N' ROSES, are reuniting for four confirmed shows so far: two in Las Vegas in early April, and two headlining slots at California's Coachella Music And Arts Festival later that month.

The last time that Slash, Axl and Duff all performed live together was in 1994, although Duff has done a few shows with the latest GUNS iteration in recent years.

Speculation about a GUNS reunion exploded last summer when Slash revealed that he and Axl had repaired their estranged relationship, which prevented them from speaking for the better part of two decades.

GN'R is reportedly negotiating with promoters to play as many as 25 stadiums in North America this summer. The band is said to be asking as much as $3 million per show, with tickets topping out in the $250 to $275 range.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dave-m … 0paGMUL.99

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I thought Mustaine was "too cool" for GN'R after the RIP Magazine show, and Axl basically absolved himself of ever having anything to do with him?

Mustaine is being awfully diplomatic for a guy, who makes Axl look like Mick Jagger.

Mustaine the other day did another interview trying to "correct" the interviewer and basically say how he was the only founding member of Megadeth, and started naming off all of the nobody's that played in his garage 5 years before Megadeth released Rust.

He's a dick. I like him. But a dick.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Tyler....Mustaine....who's next?

Everyone wants to talk about it to draw attention to themselves.

This weekend my grandma will mention Axl and Slash just to draw attention to her domino game...

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Tyler....Mustaine....who's next?

Everyone wants to talk about it to draw attention to themselves.

This weekend my grandma will mention Axl and Slash just to draw attention to her domino game...

He was asked. It's not like he went out of his way.

James

James wrote:

I include the media in "everyone wants to talk about it".

Besides....Mustaine definitely screens his questions.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Who exactly is in Megadeth these days, Dave?

He should reunite the Rust In Peace/Countdown to Extinction lineup!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

What's worse? Being a laughing stock as Axl N' Posers or no one giving a rat's ass (Dave and Megadeth lineup changes)?

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Credit where its due,  Megadeth releases new music like clockwork every couple years.   Some of it is pretty good too.

But I'll take Axl over Mustaine any day, regardless of who is playing behind them.

James

James wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

9 I saw Megadeth in early 91 when they were touring that album. Incredible show and RIP is one of THE greatest metal albums of all time.

Holy Wars is epic.

He actually shit on those guys but I'll give him credit where its due....he attempted to reunite the lineup awhile back but it fell through. He wanted them on a small salary and Menza balked and instead of trying to negotiate behind the scenes, went public with the spat which rightfully pissed off Dave and now it'll never happen.

Menza and Friedman should have jumped at the offer as it was pretty much last chance saloon and also the fact that not many people are even begging for that lineup reunion. Its not going to change venue size or any of that which is probably why Dave offered a low salary.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

9 I saw Megadeth in early 91 when they were touring that album. Incredible show and RIP is one of THE greatest metal albums of all time.

Holy Wars is epic.

Produced by Mike Clink. 21

Board footer