You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Re: RICHARD FORTUS And DIZZY REED Exit THE DEAD DAISIES

Guitarist Richard Fortus and keyboardist Dizzy Reed have left THE DEAD DAISIES, leading to speculation that they will be part of the reunited GUNS N' ROSES lineup.

Fortus and Reed exited THE DEAD DAISIES in order to take part in "a momentous project in 2016," THE DEAD DAISIES said in a statement.

THE DEAD DAISIES have commenced work on a new album with producer Marti Frederiksen in Nashville for a late 2016 release. Joining bassist Marco Mendoza, guitarist David Lowy, singer John Corabi and drummer Brian Tichy in the studio is former WHITESNAKE and DIO guitarist Doug Aldrich.

Lowy says: "It's been a privilege and a pleasure to write, record and perform with such talented world-class musicians and all-around great guys. I've personally learned so much from both of them.

"We're very excited to announce Doug Aldrich will be joining THE DEAD DAISIES in the lead guitar role. Doug was Richard's first pick to replace him. He's a highly accomplished musician, performer and songwriter and we're really looking forward to Doug joining us as THE DEAD DAISIES adventure rolls on."

Aldrich says: "I'm very, very happy to join my friends Marco, Brian, John and David in the next chapter of THE DEAD DAISIES. I love the band and I'm looking forward to getting busy on the new record.

"This band is bringing back a raw, back to the bones sound that a lot of groups go for but THE DEAD DAISIES are looking to nail. At this point in time, we are looking to have a kick-ass rock 'n roll album in the can by spring 2016."

Fortus adds: "When we started speaking about finding someone to replace me, the first suggestion I had was Doug Aldrich. It doesn't get any better than Doug in my book. I am so happy that he is able and willing to step in and take over. I think that it will elevate the band to the next level.

"Thanks to everyone that has supported the DAISIES over the last couple of years. Stay tuned to see what they come up with next. I'm sure you won't be disappointed."

GUNS N' ROSES has announced four headlining performances in April, with original members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan the only members confirmed so far.

The rest of the lineup for the shows — and a potential tour later in the year — remains unclear, although keyboardist Chris Pitman, Reed, drummer Frank Ferrer and Fortus are all believed to be involved.

The status of original members Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler remains unknown, along with that of "Use Your Illusion"-era drummer Matt Sorum.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/richar … 8RztcQV.99

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Doug Aldrich is an amazing player.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Anyone here actually listen to this band?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just the track with Slash lol.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

James Lofton wrote:

I have...but not since that song with Slash...

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Strange that Slash was at the rehearsal space a couple weeks ago and then these guys are just now heading that way??

I have to admit, pretty excited to see a Slash/Fortus combo.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Strange that Slash was at the rehearsal space a couple weeks ago and then these guys are just now heading that way??

I have to admit, pretty excited to see a Slash/Fortus combo.

Likewise. It would be a blast to see.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

We obviously all knew this was coming, but I don't get all the secrecy with these guys at all. Why is it such a huge secret for Fortus & Reed to be apart of a reunited GN'R?

You would think if camp GN'R would've made everything so super-secret, they would've announced Axl, Richard, Dizzy & Chris, and then went dark, and let speculation mount about Slash, Duff, and Steven/Matt.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I got the dead daises recent album....some great guitar solos by Fortus...using a lot of the chops he uses in his solo GNR spots.....

Overall I found the songwriting to be forgettable though TBH, to me it was fairly bland tracks with great solos added in, and the two best songs on the album were covers.

I approve of Fortus filling in for Izzy though. Out of the potential fill ins he has the best chops.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

First album outside of the Slash song isn't anything remarkable, but the follow up EP and second album were both solid, with some very tasty riffing and solos from Richard.

I'd agree with Monkey that their best tunes however were the two cover tracks - Evil and Midnight Moses.

As for Richard returning to Guns to play alongside Slash, I actually think it could be killer.
Richard had the best skills outside of Ron in the band, and could be a really great pairing with Slash.

Board footer