You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Cidade de Mexico Concert on April 19th Announced

James wrote:

I just thought of a way to get some easy publicity and headlines on major news sites and TV.....

Announce that a couple front row tickets are being held in reserve for Donald Trump.....

Well they could just announce the tour like every other band does.

Obviously this makes sense and most major acts do this. I think Soundgarden waited until after Lollapalooza to roll out the rest of the dates so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same thing.  They did warm up shows right before Lolla just like these Vegas shows. Announcing this Mexico stadium date between Coachella appearances is interesting.

The routing at this early juncture is a bit strange and at this point i would NOT be shocked if a few dates are announced that take place BEFORE Vegas....something along the lines of Hammerstein, Warfield, or Ritz.

The strategy of trickling out dates just begs for such a move. The fact that they are booking shows between Coachella appearances shows they can book something between now and the Vegas shows.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

The marketing for Vegas mentioned it would be the first time the line up would take the stage together, so I doubt the contract allows them to book other concerts.
I would also be pissed beyond belief!
haha

otto

otto wrote:

From the press release of Vegas shows:

LAS VEGAS PRESS RELEASE
Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 7:40 AM Sticky
GUNS N’ ROSES’ HISTORIC RETURN TO THE STAGE
OPENING WEEKEND OF T­--MOBILE ARENA IN LAS VEGAS
#GnFnR
FRIDAY, APRIL 8 AND SATURDAY, APRIL 9
Tickets on Sale Saturday, January 23 at 10am
LAS VEGAS (January 19, 2016) – History will be made in April when Guns N’ Roses ­? featuring the iconic lineup of Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan ? regroup for the first time in 23 years on the T?Mobile Arena stage. After announcing that they will headline Coachella, the band has now confirmed the very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip, where they will perform a two?night rock spectacular at the brand new T-­Mobile Arena. Guns N’ Roses will perform Friday, April 8 and Saturday, April 9.
"What an honor to work with the biggest name in rock n' roll as part of the opening celebration of T-­ Mobile Arena,” said Bobby Reynolds, Vice President of Booking, AEG Live. “Guns N' Roses choosing to return to the stage in their full glory, on the Las Vegas Strip to open T­?Mobile Arena is rock n' roll history. This is going to be an awesome event and not to be missed."
“What better city than Las Vegas – the Entertainment Capital of the World – to see Guns N’ Roses play together for the first time in 23 years,” said Dan Quinn, General Manager of T?Mobile Arena. “The T-­Mobile Arena was designed to host iconic events such as this, and we will provide guests with an incredible experience as they enjoy this historic show.”

johndivney wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I read on HTGTH how a mexican member paid astronomical prices for Coachella tix thinking that would be the first show....then Vegas....and now a show is announced right in his backyard before Coachella. sad

I wish there was a way management could let hardcores know about non festival shows so people aren't forced to travel to that extent.

Impossible though. Even if they mentioned it only on forums, the media monitors forums for news and it'd be everywhere in minutes.

I travelled 5 hours across Ireland to see one of my favourite bands play, they were co-headlining with primal scream. Well I was well on my journey when the band sent out an email/message board post saying they'd be starting the show early due to other commitments. This is just before smartphones became a thing.
I of coursed missed the band & the next day went on a bit of a moan on their message board.

They got in touch with me & offered me a refund.
I didn't take it cause what the fuck like, I saw primal scream & was just one night accommodation & fuel cost it was more I was having a moan at the set up than the expense.

But that sorta ball game where you're talking about thousands.. Shit man I'd like to hope someone in the guns camp reaches out & does a good turn for the guy. Not necessarily pay his airfare or tix to LV. But throw him a bone for his stupid dedication would be a nice gesture.

otto

otto wrote:

I'm travelling from Brazil to Vegas to see them because it is the first concert and was marketed as such.

If they announce other concerts before it I'll be pissed and more than disappointed.

I don't know why they don't announce the whole tour just yet. It seems as the demand is not as high as they anticipated and they are announcing concerts as they are able to negotiate.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

I booked my flights yesterday and now I'm thinking I should have waited a few weeks. I'm just going to be at the "first show." so I'm sure they'll announce shows for the weekend before any day now. and how ironic would it be if their first show was scheduled for April Fool's Day (which is the Friday before the first Vegas show).

But I'm guessing they do not do a few shows at a small venue like Hammerstein. I think the first time they are on stage together is such an epic moment, and they are a large venue/stadium act. I think an arena is perfect for the first show. exactly what they played all over the U.S. back in the day. and T-Mobile Arena is smaller than what they will be playing all year, so in a sense, it's perfect for warm-up gigs. fingers crossed!

johndivney wrote:
otto wrote:

I don't know why they don't announce the whole tour just yet. It seems as the demand is not as high as they anticipated and they are announcing concerts as they are able to negotiate.

Because they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.
You'll be at the first show. Even if they do do a club/warmup gig the real first show will be that arena.
& I bet it'll be a cracking venue too. Arenas theses days aren't like the old hockey arenas, they're designed with concerts in mind.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

a small warm-up gig where they play 8-12 songs wouldn't shock me. but hopefully there is something in their agreement that Vegas needs to be their first show.

I keep telling myself that even if other shows are announced, the Vegas show could be the only chance to see them in an arena in 2016. if the rumors are true, it could be all stadiums this year. 25 shows sounded a tad ambitious, but if a few are in mexico and maybe a couple in Canada, that would leave 15 or so for the U.S. which I think makes sense for them.

Board footer