You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think the set list will be the same with the same CD tracks.

p much this i think also.

im curious tho how much sway slash'll have on the set. i figured the last couple of tours the set was mainly built around what axl could manage to sing (even if he has to include hits like YCBM which he can't do justice too sadly).

we'll see how it goes. just no mickey mouse is really the best i'm hoping for then the setlist & performance worries can come after.

I think you're right. Setlists are based on what his voice can manage. I'll bet So Fine, Attitude, Yesterdays, Used To Love Her will be permanent now. I'm interested what covers Slash and Duff will bring in.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I would love to see Perfect Crime sung and performed like this:

Yeah I know I'm dreaming 16

I would love to hear Coma and Locomotive too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

14 years at shows Izzy shows up.

Fuck that. Its time to whip out Dust N Bones.

It doesn't get much better than that.

As far as Slash goes, just stick with The Godfather theme. If they do a handful of club shows I wouldn't mind seeing him play a minute or two of a Bucket track as a joke but only extreme hardcores would get it and it also might be disrespectful to Bucket. Not gonna happen.

AtariLegend wrote:

James, can't we just get both tongue ?

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Dust N Bones only works if Izzy is there.     But yea one of my favorites from the early UYI tour, how everyone did some singing, even Slash.. lol.

I think Double Talking Jive would make a nice addition to the setlist.    Lower register vocals.    And in my opinion one of the better rockers from the Illusions.

Bad Obsession could work nicely too..    Think Pitman can play some harmonica?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Dust N Bones only works if Izzy is there.     But yea one of my favorites from the early UYI tour, how everyone did some singing, even Slash.. lol.

I think Double Talking Jive would make a nice addition to the setlist.    Lower register vocals.    And in my opinion one of the better rockers from the Illusions.

Bad Obsession could work nicely too..    Think Pitman can play some harmonica?

Would kill to hear Dust N Bones played again.  One of my favorite tunes. Agreed it will only work with Izzy. Definitely would hope to see DTJ in there. Slash played it when I saw him a year ago. One of the highlights of the night for me. Would rather Dead Horse than Bad Obsession though.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

I suggested Bad Obsession because its a lower voice register song.   But I'd love it if they brought back Dead Horse.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'll up the ante on that...not only would I like to see DTJ brought back to the set......I want Izzy to start singing it. I know its a famous song for rants but Izzy gives it a different vibe and I got sick of that "home fuck" shit after hearing it the first time.

Yes Axl kicks major ass on it....especially here....

Band kicks ass. They can definitely pull it off during a reunion show regardless of who sings it. Just hand it over to Izzy, at least for one or two shows...preferably the one I go to. tongue

Edit: Of course I want DNB if Izzy is there. Did you think I wanted Fortus to sing it? 16 15

If Izzy and Duff are both involved, we can get a killer rotating set list and they can place the Izzy/Duff songs in key areas where Axl gets plenty of oxygen and rest.

Example.....After Axl kills it on OTGM, next up....

Attitude
So Fine
Dust N Bones

then Axl takes over the lead.

Later on, same thing....

14 Years
Raw Power
another TSI track

I really hope Slash would be willing to sing Buick Makane live once. Its such a killer track and his unique vocals on it give it a different feel.

edit: TSI was barely even promoted but I do remember a Slash interview at the time, might have been People Magazine or EW, where he says Axl basically had to force/beg him to sing it and he wasn't ever going to do that again. Not an exact quote of course but he said something along those lines.

Axl.....please beg him again.  14

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I would love to see Perfect Crime sung and performed like this:

Yeah I know I'm dreaming 16

I would love to hear Coma and Locomotive too.

That'd be killer. Axl would have to be in top shape though to pull that off, as he'd look silly coming out all overweight and bloated while puffing to try and get through that one.

Interesting about Locomotive, I think Slash was asked not too long ago by some fan if the Conspirators would ever play it, and Slash said he wouldn't, but only because its a lot of lyrics for Myles to learn. So maybe with Axl up front, it'll get a look in

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

14 years at shows Izzy shows up.

Fuck that. Its time to whip out Dust N Bones.

It doesn't get much better than that.

As far as Slash goes, just stick with The Godfather theme. If they do a handful of club shows I wouldn't mind seeing him play a minute or two of a Bucket track as a joke but only extreme hardcores would get it and it also might be disrespectful to Bucket. Not gonna happen.

Just curious, how is Slash playing Bucket material any more disrespectful to Bucket, than Bucket covering Slash stuff....?

Board footer