You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Big Surprise - We're almost all on the same side!

Lomax wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I am delighted that the forums in general are lit up over this reunion and all the haters from both sides have quietly stopped the civil war.
I just hope Axl can face the level of expectation and overcome any bullshit stage fright and just get out there and enjoy this..

So. What you are saying is this:
"It's good the civil war has stopped. Now excuse me while a take a few shots."

Axl will bring it. I just hope your boy slash can up his game to Chinese Democracy level playing.

Disclaimer: the previous post was intended in jest.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
Lomax wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I am delighted that the forums in general are lit up over this reunion and all the haters from both sides have quietly stopped the civil war.
I just hope Axl can face the level of expectation and overcome any bullshit stage fright and just get out there and enjoy this..

So. What you are saying is this:
"It's good the civil war has stopped. Now excuse me while a take a few shots."

Axl will bring it. I just hope your boy slash can up his game to Chinese Democracy level playing.

Disclaimer: the previous post was intended in jest.

You obviously are one of those fans who takes the whole "sides" thing a bit too seriously.
Axl has a history of stage fright - fact.
This has led to insane shit with gigs starting hours late or not at all - fact.
It has caused the injury of fans and employees with the violence that has ensued  - fact.
Axl has had voice troubles in recent times- fact.
If he is worried about that while now finding himself back under the same level of public attention as the UYI days he could have a meltdown - pure conjecture but not unfounded.

I hope the guy nails the fuck out of it and slays the critics.
Slash is not "my boy" , he's a guitar player I particularly admire - nothing more.

Your thinking is yesterday's news, tired, done to death and boring. I wish all of these guys the very best. I want them to destroy every other act out there right now.
Regarding the guitar playing on CD, most of it is pretty standard with a few wanky finger tricks on the guitar that 99.9999999% of the world won't even register as missing.
Give me a soulful Slash solo anyday.

Lomax wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

You obviously are one of those fans who takes the whole "sides" thing a bit too seriously.

Nope. I'm one of those fans who sacrasms.

Axl has a history of stage fright - fact.
This has led to insane shit with gigs starting hours late or not at all - fact.
It has caused the injury of fans and employees with the violence that has ensued  - fact.
Axl has had voice troubles in recent times- fact.
If he is worried about that while now finding himself back under the same level of public attention as the UYI days he could have a meltdown - pure conjecture but not unfounded.

I hope the guy nails the fuck out of it and slays the critics.
Slash is not "my boy" , he's a guitar player I particularly admire - nothing more.

Your thinking is yesterday's news, tired, done to death and boring. I wish all of these guys the very best. I want them to destroy every other act out there right now.
Regarding the guitar playing on CD, most of it is pretty standard with a few wanky finger tricks on the guitar that 99.9999999% of the world won't even register as missing.
Give me a soulful Slash solo anyday.

Cool

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No disrespect to Bucket but this is the truth. They could not perform any CD songs and no one in the crowd would care. Of course I'm excluding the handful of hardcores at each show but even out of them, only 1 out of 10 would even acknowledge the fact.

Had he approached the CD era differently(the trilogy thing) then you MIGHT see some fans chanting for certain songs they've loved over the years. Nothing on CD was a hit though so he doesn't have to worry about CD chants.

yesterday's news

Yeah the war is over. Detente is here. New chapter. I'm excited.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I freely acknowledge I'm probably the only one but I'd really like some CD songs to be in the set. Without wanting to sound like a diss to the more recent players, odds are i'd like them even more with the old band too, they just have such chemistry together.

I think actually what I'm hungry for is some change.

My own fault, but i've watched a lot of boots of the AFD and UYI tours. It's fun to reenact them but part of what made GNR fun back in the day was the vibrancy, new songs played live, surprise changes to the set list etc.

For me the best thing of course would be new music to go with the hits, otherwise I'd love to hear some CD renditions from these guys, just because it would provide something we haven't seen before.

johndivney wrote:

Like I always say monkey, there isn't one song on CD that couldn't have been improved by Slash..

Any notion that CD is too complex or whatever the fuck is bullshit

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Page 6...has a schism developed yet? haha

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Add me to the camp that wants CD songs in the setlist, as they are still part of GnR's catalogue and it will be interesting to see Slash's take on those songs, just as it was cool to see Robin's take on Slash's stuff.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Slash had already put down a solo for This I Love, considering that song was supposedly around during the Illusions.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Slash had already put down a solo for This I Love, considering that song was supposedly around during the Illusions.

Man a version with a slash solo and the higher register raspy Axl vocals like on the 6 second leak a few years back....now that i dream of.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm probably the only one but I'd really like some CD songs to be in the set.

I challenge that exclusivity.
How's that for a schism 16

Gimme The Blues, TWAT, Catcher... Better & IRS.
Gimme Dust N' Bones w/ Izzy and other deep cuts.
Screw an AFD setlist, embrace the band legacy.

Board footer