You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Super Bowl predictions

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Cam showed nothing to me to say he could win the game, which he didn't. He quit. Like a deer in headlights from the first quarter. You could see it on his face. The game was bad. Just bad. I think it was the worst quarterback performance in Superbowl history. QBRs of 13 and 10. Horrible. But at least Peyton had enough guts to throw himself on his fumbles.

Not sure if serious. Cam didn't play great but Jesus Christ they had 315 yards of offense... They drove plenty of times and kept turning the ball over. If the receivers catch the ball hard to see them losing. If the catch the ball Broncos don't get that first TD.  I still think that was a catch, point is you can't make mistakes in a game like this. There were 4 HUGE drops. You sound more like a Cam hater than an objective football fan. Peyton was sad to see. He was really bad. But he is a great dude, despite the sexual assault in college and HGH scandal. He is a likeable dude.

I'm not a Cam hater, but like Andrew Luck, I don't buy the hype. Cam is very immature, and I'm not speaking of his celebrations, which I like and I love he gives the footballs to kids. But he doesn't have a lot of mental strength, like Luck doesn't have a clutch gene. Cam was affected more by his erratic play than drops. He doesn't know how to place a ball or how hard to throw. The pass Ginn dropped was way too hard on its placement. You have to help your receivers. The Broncos got in his head early and he quit. I've seen Alex Smith torch that defense with less weapons and an even shakier line, on top of Von Miller taking cheap shots to intentionally hurt him. It's about who is more mentally tough. Cam isn't there yet. He acted like a child throwing himself on the field. Have you ever seen another QB literally throw themselves on the field and thrtow a tantrum?

I'm a Chiefs fan, so I'm wasn't rooting for the Bronco's, or Manning. I was objective. I wasn't rooting for anyone. When they catch was challenged I knew it would stand, not because I was hoping it would because IMO the ground caused it to bobble.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Andrew Luck?  Hahahaha. He was supposed to be the most NFL ready QB in the past 30 years. Was supposed to be way better than Cam. He has looked VERY average the past 2 years. Not sure what is wrong with him.  When he came into the league he had a lot more talent than Cam for sure. He has not gotten any better since coming into the league.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Neemo, the ball can touch the ground if you had possession before. That doesn't it make it not a catch. Clearly they are using the "football play" interpretation.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Alex Smith has better receivers than Cam as well. Broncos took away Olsen like they took away Gronk. Cam was tight and just like the national title game from 2010 against Oregon, he was tight. Yes he did throw too hard and too high some but Jerry Rice, Irvin, Clayton, Duper, Carter, Moss, all make those catches. They don't have a #1 receiver. Philly Brown had some nice catches then the got hurt.

Talib, that is a real Thug, not Cam Newton. Cam will bounce back. Not worried. Peyton has looked like shit in 2 prior Super Bowls and did in this one too. So Cam isn't the first QB not to look awesome in the Super Bowl. They need to get rid of the 2 week lay off. It hurts offenses on both teams. They lose timing. And we don't need a daily presser. I would rather Cam and Peyton get more practice so they can be more effective.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The Chiefs only receiver was Maclin. Kelsey is good but drops and fumbles too much, and Alex was on pace to breaking the league record in sacks this year.

And you're missing the fact Cotchery lost control when the tip of the ball hit the field, thus making it incomplete, even if he regained control.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

The Chiefs only receiver was Maclin. Kelsey is good but tops and fumbles too much, and was on pace to breaking the league record in sacks this year.

And you're missing the fact Cotchery lost control when the tip of the ball hit the field, thus making it incomplete, even if he regained control.

He should have caught the ball clean so there was no question if it was a catch. That was a huge momentum swing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They need to get rid of the 2 week lay off. It hurts offenses on both teams. They lose timing. And we don't need a daily presser.

I've been an advocate of this for years.  Its ridiculous. Always was. The game does NOT need an extra week of hype and like you said, it kills any run either(or both) teams have.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hat was the worst the panthers looked all year. I give credit to Denver but for fucks sake they should have lost vs Pittsburgh and New England as well.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Remember Gun's were rumored for years to play this?

Slash rejoins and Coldplay get announced tongue.

Have you ever noticed that Guns rarely do anything in early February?
This is because Axl likes to celebrate his bday and oft pisses on the money.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Cam showed nothing to me to say he could win the game, which he didn't. He quit. Like a deer in headlights from the first quarter. You could see it on his face. The game was bad. Just bad. I think it was the worst quarterback performance in Superbowl history. QBRs of 13 and 10. Horrible. But at least Peyton had enough guts to throw himself on his fumbles.

Not sure if serious. Cam didn't play great but Jesus Christ they had 315 yards of offense... They drove plenty of times and kept turning the ball over. If the receivers catch the ball hard to see them losing. If the catch the ball Broncos don't get that first TD.  I still think that was a catch, point is you can't make mistakes in a game like this. There were 4 HUGE drops. You sound more like a Cam hater than an objective football fan. Peyton was sad to see. He was really bad. But he is a great dude, despite the sexual assault in college and HGH scandal. He is a likeable dude.

I'm not a Cam hater, but like Andrew Luck, I don't buy the hype. Cam is very immature, and I'm not speaking of his celebrations, which I like and I love he gives the footballs to kids. But he doesn't have a lot of mental strength, like Luck doesn't have a clutch gene. Cam was affected more by his erratic play than drops. He doesn't know how to place a ball or how hard to throw. The pass Ginn dropped was way too hard on its placement. You have to help your receivers. The Broncos got in his head early and he quit. I've seen Alex Smith torch that defense with less weapons and an even shakier line, on top of Von Miller taking cheap shots to intentionally hurt him. It's about who is more mentally tough. Cam isn't there yet. He acted like a child throwing himself on the field. Have you ever seen another QB literally throw themselves on the field and thrtow a tantrum?

I'm a Chiefs fan, so I'm wasn't rooting for the Bronco's, or Manning. I was objective. I wasn't rooting for anyone. When they catch was challenged I knew it would stand, not because I was hoping it would because IMO the ground caused it to bobble.

You can tell when he's frustrated by his body language.  He has some of the worst body language I've ever seen from a professional athlete.  He also overthrew several open WR in the first half.   That tantrum after the Anderson clinching TD was horrible.  Odds are against them reaching the SB next year.

Board footer