You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Super Bowl predictions

Rex wrote:

I am not a fan of faulting somebody for being human. He's 26 years old and lost the super bowl. The man is allowed to sulk.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Rex wrote:

I am not a fan of faulting somebody for being human. He's 26 years old and lost the super bowl. The man is allowed to sulk.

Good post!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I don't get it, how do they play 16 games in a league of 16 teams?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I don't get it, how do they play 16 games in a league of 16 teams?

There's 32 teams in the NFL. 2 Conferences, each containing 4 four team divisions. You play each team in your division twice, 6 total games. All the teams from another division in the other conference which rotates each year, 4 total games. All the teams from another division in your own conference which also rotates each year, 4 total games. Then depending on where you finish in the standings you play the remaining 2 teams in the other two divisions in your conference who finished in the same position. So if you finished first, you play the other first place teams, etc.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Rex wrote:

Yeah, I'd be hypocritical if I called out Cam for acting a bit unprofessionally after a loss. Bill Belichick has certainly had his moments. It's in the heat of the moment. I'll let it slide. He played well below his own expectations, and his receivers let him down. He lost the biggest game of his life, a game most thought they'd win with relative ease. So I can't fault the guy too much for being upset and not in a very good mood.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't care about being sullen, but literally throwing yourself on the field and throwing a tantrum.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yes he did throw too hard and too high some but Jerry Rice, Irvin, Clayton, Duper, Carter, Moss, all make those catches.

You forgot Andre Reed, James Lofton,Willie Gault, and John Taylor.

You can tell when he's frustrated by his body language.

Absolutely. He lacks THE key ingredient of an elite QB. Joe Montana didn't get the name Joe Cool for shits and giggles. As QB you cant let anyone(including your own teammates on the field) know your frustrations and Montana took this to an insane level....last two minutes of that game winning drive against the Bengals he knew he was in some trouble and in the huddle, to relax the other guys(and maybe himself), he looked to the crowd and told his teammates, "Hey...there's John Candy!". It blew their minds that he could be so relaxed in that situation when the opposite was true.

edit: Jim Kelly(my favorite QB) showed his frustrations in big games as well, which always pissed me off. Once he starts cussing and shaking his head you know which direction the game is going from that moment forward.

He doesn't know how to place a ball or how hard to throw.

You're describing a LOT of QBs there. 16 Rex Grossman for starters. Some 80s QBs with potential like Schroeder, Tomczak,etc. had major difficulties with this as well.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Cam throws one of the best most accurate deep balls in the whole league. He threw for 35 TD's this year not because he sucks. Come on, man!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm definitely not saying he sucks. Id made a good point on how he lets people get to him and he shows his frustrations when he shouldn't be.

He needs a poker face and he certainly has plenty of time to improve.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm definitely not saying he sucks. Id made a good point on how he lets people get to him and he shows his frustrations when he shouldn't be.

He needs a poker face and he certainly has plenty of time to improve.

Your post is fine... Was talking about ID saying he is inaccurate, etc.. Basically letting his love for Andrew luck blind him..

Board footer