You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

Will wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Madagascar is the most over rated GNR song ever. Drags on 3 minutes too long and goes nowhere musically.

I honestly don't know how to respond to this.

I feel like you're trolling just to get a reaction, and whilst I do want to unload on you telling you exactly why Madagascar is one of GNR's best songs I don't think I could do the song justice hmm

All I can say is, and do please imagine me doing my absolute best Axl impersonation whilst reading this - sounding like I'm a little older, a little wiser, and like I've been beaten down by years of bullshit in the media but still fighting for what I believe in....

I won't be told anymore
That I've been brought down in this storm
And left so far out from the shore
That I can't find my way back, my way back anymore

The opening still gives me goosebumps and it's been 16 years!! FU Smoking Guns 16

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Who posted that studio pic then?

It was posted on his twitter that replied to a post a while back that his only facebook page was that of his band. Beatzer. The twitter profile also only ever linked to the Beatzer page down the years as well.

...But logic dictates either the Chris Pitman facebook with Official misspelled wrong is his since it goes back a few years or

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Will wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Madagascar is the most over rated GNR song ever. Drags on 3 minutes too long and goes nowhere musically.

I honestly don't know how to respond to this.

I feel like you're trolling just to get a reaction, and whilst I do want to unload on you telling you exactly why Madagascar is one of GNR's best songs I don't think I could do the song justice hmm

All I can say is, and do please imagine me doing my absolute best Axl impersonation whilst reading this - sounding like I'm a little older, a little wiser, and like I've been beaten down by years of bullshit in the media but still fighting for what I believe in....

I won't be told anymore
That I've been brought down in this storm
And left so far out from the shore
That I can't find my way back, my way back anymore

The opening still gives me goosebumps and it's been 16 years!! FU Smoking Guns 16

Its one of those love it or hate it songs. I disliked it for many years but about 8 or 9 years ago while listening to the Rio 01 version, it "spoke" to me. Bucket's solo blew my mind and I started enjoying the song more.

It was posted on his twitter that replied to a post a while back that his only facebook page was that of his band. Beatzer. The twitter profile also only ever linked to the Beatzer page down the years as well.

...But logic dictates either the Chris Pitman facebook with Official misspelled wrong is his since it goes back a few years or

Strange. So the twitter is real, Beatz is real, but FB fake?

He should've cleared the air on this long before.....unless this is just damage control.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think we've all missed the big revelation here...

I had no clue Mother Goose was a Crowley follower. I must've missed the Thelema shirt from the past.

Why don't he practice some of that black magick and get some fuckin' vault tracks released?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The lengths you guys go to defend a nugunner why dismissing all common sense concerns me a little. If it a fake Facebook, why take it down and if real pitman told fake pitman to take down the page, doesn't real pitman clear the air his personal page was a fake?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

No. Not if "Real" Pitman has a gag order on him.

This has already made some of the blog-media. The bigger sites like Blabbermouth will probably have it up tomorrow.

If fucking Slash, who talks to EVERY-FUCKING-BODY, isn't talking to ANYBODY. Including Trunk.

Pitman can't talk. He's already had his wrist slapped once.

I really think Chris was taking the piss here with MyGayNR trolls, the fly-by-nighters who can't name you deep cuts, but will get into flame wars over Izzy not being there, picking at Chris and Chris being Chris. Chris has a Chris Cornell sense of humor SG. Think for a second. Chris P will make jokes like Chris C, all the time, but only Mother Goose is in on it. Many times his lame jokes, like Chris C, go over like a egg-laden fart on a dance floor, and people just move on.

That's what happened here. The page IS REAL. Chris was JOKING. NOBODY took it that way. Everything shut down, ignore it, and it'll go away.

For SG, for the last five pages, for all of the internet... THAT's WHAT HAPPENED.

Chris doesn't need defending. Chris doesn't need supporting. This is a little thing, blown out of portion. Story over.

Everybody is jumping to conclusions over a bad joke. Pitman is known for being an idiot with jokes. Even in interviews. He takes the piss all the time in interviews. Hell, there was one interview he acted like he was Guns N' Roses. More than Axl. It was obvious he was being passive aggressive, because the interviewer was a clueless hipster moron, and he took offense.

Iverson being Iverson

Manny being Manny

LeBron being LeBron

Kobe being Kobe

Pitman being Pitman

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

This has already made some of the blog-media. The bigger sites like Blabbermouth will probably have it up tomorrow.

If fucking Slash, who talks to EVERY-FUCKING-BODY, isn't talking to ANYBODY. Including Trunk.

I really think Chris was taking the piss here with MyGayNR trolls, the fly-by-nighters who can't name you deep cuts, but will get into flame wars over Izzy not being there, picking at Chris and Chris being Chris. Chris has a Chris Cornell sense of humor SG. Think for a second. Chris P will make jokes like Chris C, all the time, but only Mother Goose is in on it. Many times his lame jokes, like Chris C, go over like a egg-laden fart on a dance floor, and people just move on.

That's what happened here. The page IS REAL. Chris was JOKING. NOBODY took it that way. Everything shut down, ignore it, and it'll go away.

For SG, for the last five pages, for all of the internet... THAT's WHAT HAPPENED.

Chris doesn't need defending. Chris doesn't need supporting. This is a little thing, blown out of portion. Story over.

Everybody is jumping to conclusions over a bad joke. Pitman is known for being an idiot with jokes. Even in interviews. He takes the piss all the time in interviews. Hell, there was one interview he acted like he was Guns N' Roses. More than Axl. It was obvious he was being passive aggressive, because the interviewer was a clueless hipster moron, and he took offense.

Iverson being Iverson

Manny being Manny

LeBron being LeBron

Kobe being Kobe

Pitman being Pitman

If you are right than I was justified in my responses because according to you he just says stupid shit only he thinks is funny. And those defending him were basically justifying his emotions but they were wrong too because in your opinion he is just a bad joke teller. He wasn't really pissed.

If your sense of humor is that bad then just shut the fuck up and don't try to say funny shit nobody interprets as a joke. Lol. He is 50 years old or so and getting flustered by MyGNR (where I post at some and never see all these horrid posters that people act like are the majority).

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The new GNR guys don't get proper credit basically for two reasons:

1. They are not from AFD or UYI which is what exposed most to GNR

and

2. Their output is simply not enough to justify the time.

The Spaghetti Incident was released in 1993....it was only ever supposed to be a place-holder record until the real originals follow up to UYI came.

Chinese Democracy came out in 2008. That's 17 years between original records and 15 if you count the covers album. To give fans a total of 15 new songs. In a new style. Then those came out with zero promotion, a questionable mix and master, incorrect artwork and booklet. Then the band did nothing for 4 more years before releasing a live blu ray of a questionable performance (by their own standards anyway). Then they've done nothing for 4 more years until now.

Really, it's not surprising that people don't take the past 20 years seriously, it's been degrading to Axl's former reputation as one of the greatest frontmen of all time, and although I personally love the Chinese album, as a body of work for Axl's post-slash career it's tragic how little music he has been able to get out - considering he's such an amazing talent. It's the absolute example you can use of "no-one wins" in the music business, the label didn't make what they should, Axl's art is mostly hidden in a vault, and fans went insane dreaming of mysteries. Worst outcome ever.

Contrast it with someone like Ozzy, who although everyone was thrilled when he returned to Sabbath, has obvious highpoints in his output amongst his solo work as well as with his band.

Or compare it to Megadeth - a band where while everyone will ALWAYS clamour and call for the Rust in Peace Lineup - Mustane managed to put out countless albums and share his art in the meantime. People may call for freedman but they respect the fill in's because shit gets done.

The problem with GNR is almost nothing ever happens, the die hards wait anyway, and then the band insults the people who wait around and calls them lame.

I feel sorry for pitman in the sense that it wasn't his fault. There's probably tons of his work with Axl locked on some HDD somewhere in a draw. But the reality is the past 20 years are a footnote in GNR history of an experiment that didn't work. With any luck Axl will salvage the best of the CD era stuff and re-release it with Slash....but if not...well....I guess better late than never for something to happen.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Iverson being Iverson

Manny being Manny

LeBron being LeBron

Kobe being Kobe

Pitman being Pitman

If you are right than I was justified in my responses because according to you he just says stupid shit only he thinks is funny. And those defending him were basically justifying his emotions but they were wrong too because in your opinion he is just a bad joke teller. He wasn't really pissed.

If your sense of humor is that bad then just shut the fuck up and don't try to say funny shit nobody interprets as a joke. Lol. He is 50 years old or so and getting flustered by MyGNR (where I post at some and never see all these horrid posters that people act like are the majority).

I don't disagree with you here. At all.

Pitman is brilliant in the studio. Imho. I like him in Guns.

But yes, his sense of humor sucks. He's that guy with the guys who's a total doofus, that thinks his lines with women sex them up when they are repulsed... Pitman is... well...

this guy

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Great post monkey but this...

history of an experiment that didn't work

is the Chinese Democracy saga in a nutshell. It had so many things going against it....like it wasn't meant to be.

Axlin.....you mention Cornell having a similar sense of humor. So does Brain but not to THAT extent.

Board footer