You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 484 

Re: SLASH Gets New GUNS N' ROSES Guitar Pick (Photo)

Neemo wrote:

Dunlop doesn't sell artist picks...exclusive to theartist themselves and like rex said u have to catch one. ..at least that's how it's been historically

During the 2011 shows I got a bbf pick...emailed dunlop for a tommy,  DJ and 4tus pick and they told me that those things were unavailable to the public

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: SLASH Gets New GUNS N' ROSES Guitar Pick (Photo)

for $10, i'd buy it just because it looks fucking cool

Major Mayhem
 Rep: 6 

Re: SLASH Gets New GUNS N' ROSES Guitar Pick (Photo)

Major Mayhem wrote:

I was just kidding. It doesn't say anything about it being for sale.

A lot of folks believe this is a "money grab" and that was my sarcastic money grabbing attempt at advertising. 

I don't think this realignment is a money grab.  I truly think it's being done for the fans and the  personal reasons of each individual, and they stand to profit from it, and it's great that they can. 

Why isn't Izzy involved?  I would assume because Richard Fortus is there and because Izzy doesn't want to be there.  I don't believe Izzy is jaded about being left out.  In fact, he may simply be using this as an opportunity to do some self-promotion.  I know I've been digging deeper into his discography than I had previously.   I also believe that GNR know exactly what they're doing with (lack of) promotion and it's working really well.  They've sold out all the shows they've announced and, depending on if Axl sounds good and performs well, they'll be able to charge even more if there is a summer tour.

misterID
 Rep: 473 

Re: SLASH Gets New GUNS N' ROSES Guitar Pick (Photo)

misterID wrote:
Major Mayhem wrote:

I was just kidding. It doesn't say anything about it being for sale.

A lot of folks believe this is a "money grab" and that was my sarcastic money grabbing attempt at advertising. 

I don't think this realignment is a money grab.  I truly think it's being done for the fans and the  personal reasons of each individual, and they stand to profit from it, and it's great that they can. 

Why isn't Izzy involved?  I would assume because Richard Fortus is there and because Izzy doesn't want to be there.  I don't believe Izzy is jaded about being left out.  In fact, he may simply be using this as an opportunity to do some self-promotion.  I know I've been digging deeper into his discography than I had previously.   I also believe that GNR know exactly what they're doing with (lack of) promotion and it's working really well.  They've sold out all the shows they've announced and, depending on if Axl sounds good and performs well, they'll be able to charge even more if there is a summer tour.

I think it's simply Slash and Duff joining the Chinese Democracy band, not doing a one off cash grab reunion. They're marketing it so it will be as successful as possible. Izzy isn't being left out, IMO. But for them to be a real band, this is what it's going to look like. I have no doubt Izzy will be on stage with them several times.

James
 Rep: 650 

Re: SLASH Gets New GUNS N' ROSES Guitar Pick (Photo)

James wrote:

I know I've been digging deeper into his discography than I had previously.

I don't own all of his albums(sorry Izzy wink ) but he does have an underrated discog. Fans rarely talk about his stuff when discussing GNR members solo/side projects. I got this album when it came out and the title track is something I still listen to on a regular basis...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NARo6rdGqk

JuJu Hounds album amazing and he did release one video from it that MTV had in rotation for about a month or so...didn't catch on but at least they gave it a chance.

Holy shit...I just realized he released another video for Train Tracks. MTV buried it because I never heard about it and even being on these forums for eons it still somehow flew under my radar or if it was mentioned on the forums, I simply forgot about it. Great videos. I wish this JuJu album could've took off or became some kind of cult hit. It needed Dust N Bones type songs on it. That's what I expected when I bought it right after its release and was a bit disappointed. An instant grower though once you get over the fact it lacks a DNB or 14 Years.

Another great JuJu song....maybe he should've released a video for this...

and another...

Here's the song that some believe to be the infamous 'Down By The Ocean' that others think is still locked in Axl's Chinese vault.

This song released a couple years ago kicks ass. This would be amazing with Slash, Duff, Axl doing some backing vocals, and pick whichever drummer or keyboardist you want. 16  Anyone who thinks this guy doesn't need to be involved in modern day GNR needs to listen to this song...and keep listening to it. Then go compare it to ANY songs written/performed by  Izzy replacements.


Fortus has a lot of supporters/defenders over the years and that's fine. A question... can someone find me one of his songs and post it to compare to Baby Rann? Thanks in advance...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: SLASH Gets New GUNS N' ROSES Guitar Pick (Photo)

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Major Mayhem wrote:

....Own the pick the pick that Slash uses on the 30th anniversary tour, yours for only $9.99!!

See, it is a money grab

I see your point but there's nothing wrong with them doing this IMO. Fans have lacked a ton of proper merch for years. When Soundgarden reunited they started selling all sorts of things...a bunch of new/old shirts and things such as key chains, wallets,etc. Its to be expected. I take the roll out of new merch as a good sign. Its one of the first stages of a reunion getting off the ground properly.


I think it'd be cool if Guns took a page from the Seattle boys book about using alot of occult/ambient graphics to be their new design, instead of all the traditional, we've seen it a million times, stuff. Save that for the reunion.

Soundgarden collabs with Josh Graham at Suspended In Light. Alot of mainstream artists do. I fucking LOVE his stuff, and would LOVE to see what he would come up with for Guns N' Roses.


http://suspendedinlight.com/


This is one of my favorites. I've loved what he's done with the Telephantasm, King Animal & Echo of Miles releases.

Soundgarden-Demos-01.jpg

James
 Rep: 650 

Re: SLASH Gets New GUNS N' ROSES Guitar Pick (Photo)

James wrote:

Yeah...lots of killer artwork when the reunion kicked off. Showed their intense interest in moving forward when they could've just as easily pushed that Badmotorfinger logo to the moon since it was their most well known.

LOVED this...thought it should be the album cover until I actually saw the KA cover.

BK---SOUNDGARDEN.jpg

Couple other great ones...

tumblr_mhiif0p10x1rsz0h6o1_1280.jpg

kelly-Soundgarden-Louisville-KY-2013.jpg

soundgarden_feature_art_600.jpg





Why cant GNR release something like this one for Coachella?

soundgarden-lollapalooza-emek-2010-lg.jpg

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: SLASH Gets New GUNS N' ROSES Guitar Pick (Photo)

apex-twin wrote:
Major Mayhem wrote:

I also believe that GNR know exactly what they're doing with (lack of) promotion and it's working really well.

They are certainly well-versed with that strategy.

Re: SLASH Gets New GUNS N' ROSES Guitar Pick (Photo)

johndivney wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Major Mayhem wrote:

I also believe that GNR know exactly what they're doing with (lack of) promotion and it's working really well.

They are certainly well-versed with that strategy.

Heh

They create a vacuum, then we fill that vacuum..

I believe GnR don't really know what they're doing with the lack of promo. They prob want someone else to do it for them, which is fair enough really. It is AEG's, or whoever's the promoter, responsibility. But once the shows sell out what else can you do? What's the point?

But I also don't think they really need any promo for these handful of shows so.. so it goes.. These things sell themselves when you're that big. It's more that they've no desire to generate anything extra like goodwill by making gestures here or there. The silence on social media is definitely on purpose & peculiar, but sure that's the way He is..

otto
 Rep: 81 

Re: SLASH Gets New GUNS N' ROSES Guitar Pick (Photo)

otto wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I know I've been digging deeper into his discography than I had previously.

I don't own all of his albums(sorry Izzy wink ) but he does have an underrated discog. Fans rarely talk about his stuff when discussing GNR members solo/side projects. I got this album when it came out and the title track is something I still listen to on a regular basis...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NARo6rdGqk

JuJu Hounds album amazing and he did release one video from it that MTV had in rotation for about a month or so...didn't catch on but at least they gave it a chance.

Holy shit...I just realized he released another video for Train Tracks. MTV buried it because I never heard about it and even being on these forums for eons it still somehow flew under my radar or if it was mentioned on the forums, I simply forgot about it. Great videos. I wish this JuJu album could've took off or became some kind of cult hit. It needed Dust N Bones type songs on it. That's what I expected when I bought it right after its release and was a bit disappointed. An instant grower though once you get over the fact it lacks a DNB or 14 Years.

Another great JuJu song....maybe he should've released a video for this...

and another...

Here's the song that some believe to be the infamous 'Down By The Ocean' that others think is still locked in Axl's Chinese vault.

This song released a couple years ago kicks ass. This would be amazing with Slash, Duff, Axl doing some backing vocals, and pick whichever drummer or keyboardist you want. 16  Anyone who thinks this guy doesn't need to be involved in modern day GNR needs to listen to this song...and keep listening to it. Then go compare it to ANY songs written/performed by  Izzy replacements.


Fortus has a lot of supporters/defenders over the years and that's fine. A question... can someone find me one of his songs and post it to compare to Baby Rann? Thanks in advance...


The first half of 117° is a direct sequence to Juju Hounds. The same band, even recorded in the same sessions. There are great songs there. The second half has Duff on bass.

Great album and one that goes unnoticed by many. I'll even put it to spin today!

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB